Macpril 1.25mg Tablet
By MACLEODS PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
This medicine comes under the classified under the anti-hypertensive (angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors) group of medicines. The generic name of Macpril 1.25mg Tab is ramipril.
Uses of Macpril 1.25mg Tab
- Chronic congestive heart failure (CCF)
- Prevention of heart attack and stroke
- High blood pressure
- Diabetic kidney disease
Contraindications of Macpril 1.25mg Tab
- Allergy to this medicine or other ACE inhibitors
- Angioedema (itching hives, swelling of face, tongue, throat, difficulty in breathing)
- Renal artery stenosis (a condition in which the blood supply to the kidneys is hampered)
- Low blood pressure
Side effects of Macpril 1.25mg Tab
- Cough, low blood pressure, headache and dizziness
- Skin rashes
- Cramps in legs
- Increased levels of potassium in blood test
- Nausea, vomiting or diarrhoea
- Abnormal kidney function
Precautions and Warnings of Macpril 1.25mg Tab
Can I take the medicine during pregnancy?
This medicine must not be administered during pregnancy as it can be harmful to the baby. If pregnancy is expected, do not start treatment with this medicine. If pregnancy is detected while on this medicine, consult your doctor immediately.
Can I take Macpril 1.25mg Tab while breastfeeding?
You should not take this medicine in the time period of breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed the medicine?
If you feel dizzy after taking this medicine, then try to avoid driving. You should only drive if you feel okay.
Can I consume alcohol with Macpril 1.25mg Tab?
Alcohol consumption with this medicine can cause dizziness or lightheadedness. Caution is advised and you must limit the intake of alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have heart, liver or kidney problems
- You have high amounts of potassium in your blood (shown in blood test results)
- You have decreased levels of sodium in your blood
- You have collagen vascular disease such as scleroderma or systemic lupus erythematosus
Mode of Action of Macpril 1.25mg Tab
How Does It Work?
Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) helps in the formation of angiotensin, which causes spasm or tightening of healthy blood vessels. The composition of Macpril 1.25mg Tab (ACE inhibitors) works by decreasing angiotensin, thus ensuring a smooth blood flow, so that the heart can pump blood more efficiently and causing the blood pressure to drop.
Directions for Use of Macpril 1.25mg Tab
The dosage of Macpril 1.25mg Tab should be administered as per the instructions provided by the doctor.
Interactions of Macpril 1.25mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- All angiotensin receptor blockers (valsartan)
- If medicines like spironolactone, triamterene, amiloride, potassium salts, trimethoprim alone or in combination with sulfamethoxazole (for infections) and heparin (for thinning blood) are taken with this medicine, then both of these medicines can drastically increase the levels of potassium in your bloodRead less
Interactions with food items
There are no reported interactions with food. However, you are advised to go for low-salt diet and abstain from food rich in potassium (spinach, banana, etc.).
Other general Interactions
People with heart, liver or kidney problems, high levels of potassium in blood, decreased levels of sodium and collagen vascular disease such as scleroderma or systemic lupus erythematosus are requested to abstain from the use of this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Macpril 1.25mg Tab
For its preservation for a longer period of time, this medicine must be kept in its original package at ambient temperature in the absence of moisture, heat, light and children. Effective disposal of unused and expired medicine via standard waste management procedures is recommended for environment protection.
Dosage of Macpril 1.25mg Tab
Overdose of Macpril 1.25mg Tab causes side effects such as extremely low blood pressure, increased levels of sodium or potassium in the blood and sudden kidney failure. An overdose of this medicine needs to reported to the healthcare provider or the emergency room at the earliest.
Missed a Dose
The missed dose is supposed to be taken when it is recalled and should be skipped when the time for next scheduled dose is nearby. Extra doses for atoning the missed dose should never be taken.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I inform my healthcare professional before I start treatment with this medicine?
A: Notify your doctor immediately if you are pregnant or are planning pregnancy during the administration of this medicine because it is contraindicated in pregnancy. You must provide an account of your past and present diseases, especially diabetes, and all the ongoing medications, supplements and herbal medicines that are prescribed to you. If you are taking antidiabetic medication or insulin, you must track the levels of blood sugar carefully during the administration of this medicine, particularly during the first month of its use.
Q: Does this medicine cause weight gain?
A: Yes, this medicine can cause weight gain as a side effect.
Q: Can I stop this medicine if I feel better?
A: No, you should not stop this medicine suddenly as this may cause a sudden increase in blood pressure. Take a proper advice from your doctor before stopping this medicine.
Q: Is this medicine safe?
A: Yes, this medicine is safe to be administered
Q: How long this medicine to be taken?
A: You need to take this medicine for the time period (how much long that may be) directed by your doctor.
- MedlinePlus. Ramipril.
- electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC). Ramipril 1.25 mg hard capsules.
- electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC). Package leaflet: information for the user. Ramipril 1.25 mg, 2.5 mg, 5 mg and 10 mg tablets.
- Healthline. Ramipril, oral capsule.
- DailyMed. Label: Ramipril – ramipril capsule.
- National Center for Biotechnology Information. Drugs and Lactation Database (LactMed) [Internet]. Ramipril.
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 12:20 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved