Macpred 4mg Tablet
Macpred 4 MG Description
Macpred Tablet contains methylprednisolone as its active ingredient. It belongs to the class of medicines called steroids that is used in various allergic conditions like skin allergies, asthma and l
ung-related problems. You should take this medicine in the correct dose and for the exact duration as prescribed by your doctor. It is advised to complete the full course of the treatment as per the doctor's directions. You should not stop the medicine abruptly otherwise it can increase the risk of the symptoms returning. There are a few side effects also like stomach pain, diarrhoea, skin rash or facial swelling, etc. can be experienced while using this medication. If you experience persistent signs or any uneasiness while using this medicine, then contact your doctor immediately.
|You Save||₹2.65 (5% on MRP)|
|Contains||Methylprednisone / Methylprednisolone(4.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Increased risk for infections, high blood pressure, stomach ulcers, bloating|
- Lypred 4mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 49.00₹ 41.6517% CHEAPER₹ 4.17/Tablet
- Rednisol 4mg TabletBy Leeford Healthcare Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 60.00₹ 39.0022% CHEAPER₹ 3.9/Tablet
- Metni 4mg TabletBy Knoll Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 51.40₹ 33.4133% CHEAPER₹ 3.34/Tablet
- Medrol 4mg TabletBy Pfizer Product India Private Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 52.59₹ 44.7011% CHEAPER₹ 4.47/Tablet
- Nucort M 4mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 47.09₹ 40.0320% CHEAPER₹ 4.0/Tablet
- Mp 4mg TabletBy Icon Lifesciences10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 64.00₹ 64.00₹ 6.4/Tablet
- Dispred 4mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy J B Chemicals And Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 64.21₹ 64.21₹ 6.42/Tablet
- Predmet 4mg TabletBy Sun Pharma10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 54.00₹ 45.908% CHEAPER₹ 4.59/Tablet
- Zempred 4mg TabletBy Sun Pharma10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 54.00₹ 45.908% CHEAPER₹ 4.59/Tablet
- Ivepred 4mg TabletBy Sun Pharma10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 54.00₹ 45.908% CHEAPER₹ 4.59/Tablet
Uses of Macpred 4 MG
- Macpred Tablet is indicated for the treatment and/or suppression of inflammatory and allergic disorders associated with different organs. It is also helpful in various allergic ailments like asthma, skin allergies....
Contraindications of Macpred 4 MG
Side effects of Macpred 4 MG
- Increased risk for infections
- High blood pressure
- Stomach ulcers
- Water retention in the body
- Mood disorders
- Muscle weakness
- Eye disorders like cataracts
- Thinning of the skin
- Delayed wound healing
Precautions and Warnings of Macpred 4 MG
Other General Warnings
- Inform your doctor about your detailed history of a medical condition like heart-related disorder, allergies, fungal infections, bleeding disorders and osteoporosis.
- Macpred Tablet can make you more prone to infections, especially if you already have an infection and you are taking medicines to suppress the immune response. So it is advised to discuss your condition with a doctor....
- You are elderly.
- Children and adolescents receiving steroids should be observed for growth abnormalities as steroids can retard the growth.
Mode of Action of Macpred 4 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Macpred 4 MG
- Take Macpred Tablet exactly as prescribed by your physician.
- Do not stop it abruptly, as this can lead to side effects.
- Taking a dose higher or lower than prescribed is not advisable.
- It would be best if taken along with meals to avoid stomach discomfort.
Interactions of Macpred 4 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- There are certain medicines that can affect the activity of Macpred Tablet when taken along with other medicines at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions. Especially, if you are taking anti-tubercular medicines, antibiotics, antihypertensive medicines, oral contraceptives, antacids and antidiabetic medicines....
- Immunosuppressants like Ciclosporin and Tacrolimus, you are more likely to experience side effects of either of the medicine.
- Concomitant use of painkillers can cause the risk of stomach bleeding.
- Medicines used to treat muscle disorders (myasthenia gravis or muscle weakness) such as Distigmine, Neostigmine, and Pancuronium, if taken along with Macpred Tablet, can lead to muscle weakness.
Interactions with food items
- Avoid having grapefruit juice, as it can cause adverse effects with this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Macpred 4 MG
- Keep the medicine at room temperature and away from extreme heat and moisture.
- Do not take this medicine after its expiry date which is mentioned on the medicine.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.