Macorate Cr 500mg Tablet
Macorate Cr 500 MG Description
Macorate Cr Tablet is a prescription medication that is used in the treatment of epilepsy (seizures). It can also treat bipolar disorder and prevent migraine symptoms (a severe type of headache). Epi
lepsy or Seizure is a central nervous system condition characterized by a sudden surge of electrical activity in the brain that causes seizures, fits, strange behavior, and loss of consciousness. Macorate Cr Tablet contains Magnesium Valproate as its main ingredient. It belongs to a group of anticonvulsants or anti-epileptics class of medication. Macorate Cr Tablet decreases the brain's excessive and abnormal nerve activity, thereby controlling seizures and migraine symptoms. Macorate Cr Tablet should be taken in the prescribed dosage and duration as advised by your doctor. Macorate Cr Tablet should not be stopped suddenly without consulting your doctor, as it can cause clinical worsening of your condition.
|You Save||₹22.50 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Magnesium Valproate(500.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Treatment of Epilepsy/Seizures and manic episodes associated with bipolar disorders; Prevention of migraine headache in adults|
|Side effects||Headache, Dizziness, Nausea, Vomiting, Sleepiness, Dry mouth, Tremor|
Uses of Macorate Cr 500 MG
- As per CDSCO, Macorate Cr Tablet is used for
- Treatment of Epilepsy/Seizures
- Treatment of manic episodes associated with bipolar disorders
- Prevention of migraine headaches in adults
Contraindications of Macorate Cr 500 MG
- If you are allergic to any component of the Macorate Cr Tablet, i.e., Magnesium Valproate or any of its inactive ingredients
- If you have a history of depression
- If you have the mitochondrial disease (POLG gene-related Mitochondrial disorders).
- If you have a genetic illness such as porphyria
- If you have liver disease or liver encephalopathy
- If you have pancreatic inflammation
Side effects of Macorate Cr 500 MG
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Macorate Cr 500 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any allergic reactions after taking the Macorate Cr Tablet
- You have any self-harming thoughts or suicidal ideation
- You experience any serious side effects persistently
- You are an elderly patient over 65 years. These tablets may cause serious adverse effects due to slow metabolism in elderly patients
- You have a history of mild or severe liver and kidney impairment or liver failure. This medicine may need a dose adjustment
- You are using oral contraceptives
- You are using any ayurvedic/herbal medicines, vitamins, and other health supplements
Mode of Action of Macorate Cr 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Macorate Cr 500 MG
- Take the Macorate Cr Tablet as prescribed by the doctor
- You can take the Macorate Cr Tablet on a regular schedule with or without food or as prescribed, preferably at the same time every day
- Swallow the tablet orally with a glass of water. Do not crush or chew this medicine
- Do not take Macorate Cr Tablet with other medications as it may lead to drug interaction
- Do not exceed the dosage of Macorate Cr Tablet on your own, as it can lead to overdose
Interactions of Macorate Cr 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Tell your doctor about all your prescription and non-prescription medications, ayurvedic products, vitamins, and nutritional supplements you are consuming or plan to take as there is a chance of drug interaction. Many medicines can interact with Macorate Cr Tablet, making it less effective or increasing the side effects...
- Macorate Cr Tablet interaction with antidepressants like fluoxetine and desipramine can cause increased side effects like dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating
- Macorate Cr Tablet interaction with antihistamines (allergy medicines), Pain killers, such as morphine, oxycodone, fentanyl, hydrocodone, tramadol, codeine, sleeping pills, etc., can increase drowsiness and fatigue...
- Macorate Cr Tablet interaction with malaria medicine such as mefloquine or chloroquine can reduce its effects
- Macorate Cr Tablet can interact with medicines for preventing blood clots such as warfarin and may lead to bleeding
Interactions with food items
- You should avoid caffeine-containing diets like tea, coffee, chocolate, etc. They decrease intestinal absorption of Macorate Cr Tablet
Storage and disposal of Macorate Cr 500 MG
Dosage of Macorate Cr 500 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does long-term consumption of Macorate Cr Tablet cause weight gain/weight loss?
Q: Does taking Macorate Cr Tablet more than the recommended dose resolve my symptoms quickly?
Q: Does consumption of Macorate Cr Tablet lead to dependence?
- Rahman M, Nguyen H. Valproic Acid [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 28 March 2022]. Available from:
- Valproate Information [Internet]. U.S. Food and Drug Administration. 2022 [cited 28 March 2022]. Available from:
- NCI Drug Dictionary [Internet]. National Cancer Institute. 2022 [cited 28 March 2022]. Available from:
- Sodium valproate: medicine to treat epilepsy and bipolar disorder [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2022 [cited 28 March 2022]. Available from:
- Drugs H. Valproic Acid: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 28 March 2022]. Available from:
- [Internet]. 2022 [cited 28 March 2022]. Available from: