Macorate Cr 500mg Tablet
By SUN PHARMA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Macorate Cr Tablet is a prescription medication that is used in the treatment of epilepsy (seizures). It can also treat bipolar disorder and prevent migraine symptoms (a severe type of headache). Epilepsy or Seizure is a central nervous system condition characterized by a sudden surge of electrical activity in the brain that causes seizures, fits, strange behavior, and loss of consciousness. Macorate Cr Tablet contains Magnesium Valproate as its main ingredient. It belongs to a group of anticonvulsants or anti-epileptics class of medication. Macorate Cr Tablet decreases the brain's excessive and abnormal nerve activity, thereby controlling seizures and migraine symptoms. Macorate Cr Tablet should be taken in the prescribed dosage and duration as advised by your doctor. Macorate Cr Tablet should not be stopped suddenly without consulting your doctor, as it can cause clinical worsening of your condition....
|You Save||₹25.20 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Magnesium Valproate(500.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Treatment of Epilepsy/Seizures and manic episodes associated with bipolar disorders; Prevention of migraine headache in adults|
|Side effects||Headache, Dizziness, Nausea, Vomiting, Sleepiness, Dry mouth, Tremor|
Check more medicines with composition as Magnesium Valproate(500.0 Mg)
Uses of Macorate Cr 500 MG
- As per CDSCO, Macorate Cr Tablet is used for
- Treatment of Epilepsy/Seizures
- Treatment of manic episodes associated with bipolar disorders
- Prevention of migraine headaches in adults
Contraindications of Macorate Cr 500 MG
- If you are allergic to any component of the Macorate Cr Tablet, i.e., Magnesium Valproate or any of its inactive ingredients
- If you have a history of depression
- If you have the mitochondrial disease (POLG gene-related Mitochondrial disorders).
- If you have a genetic illness such as porphyria
- If you have liver disease or liver encephalopathy
- If you have pancreatic inflammation
Side effects of Macorate Cr 500 MG
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Macorate Cr 500 MG
Can I take Macorate Cr Tablet during pregnancy?
Macorate Cr Tablet is unsafe during pregnancy and it is contraindicated. It can cause problems for a baby's development, including birth defects and long-term learning difficulties. Pregnant women are advised to consult a doctor before taking this medicine and inform their doctor about their pregnancy or intention to conceive at the time of taking Macorate Cr Tablet.
Can I take Macorate Cr Tablet while breastfeeding?
Macorate Cr Tablet is not recommended during breastfeeding as this medicine may pass into breast milk and increases the risk for valproic acid-induced hepatotoxicity, jaundice, and liver damage. Please consult a doctor if you are breastfeeding before taking Macorate Cr Tablet.
Can I drive if I have consumed Macorate Cr Tablet ?
Avoid driving after taking Macorate Cr Tablet as it can cause adverse effects like drowsiness, lightheadedness, and blurred vision. These symptoms may impair your ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Macorate Cr Tablet ?
No, avoid consuming alcohol with Macorate Cr Tablet, as it increases the severity of side effects like dizziness, drowsiness, lethargy, blurred vision, liver injury, etc. It can worsen the symptoms you are taking Macorate Cr Tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any allergic reactions after taking the Macorate Cr Tablet
- You have any self-harming thoughts or suicidal ideation
- You experience any serious side effects persistently
- You are an elderly patient over 65 years. These tablets may cause serious adverse effects due to slow metabolism in elderly patients
- You have a history of mild or severe liver and kidney impairment or liver failure. This medicine may need a dose adjustment
- You are using oral contraceptives
- You are using any ayurvedic/herbal medicines, vitamins, and other health supplements
Mode of Action of Macorate Cr 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Macorate Cr Tablet contains Magnesium Valproate-500 mg as its main ingredient. Magnesium Valproate works by increasing the activity of Gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA), a natural chemical messenger in the brain. Increased effects of Gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) cause suppression of the excessive and abnormal electrical activity of the nerve cells in the brain....
Directions for Use of Macorate Cr 500 MG
- Take the Macorate Cr Tablet as prescribed by the doctor
- You can take the Macorate Cr Tablet on a regular schedule with or without food or as prescribed, preferably at the same time every day
- Swallow the tablet orally with a glass of water. Do not crush or chew this medicine
- Do not take Macorate Cr Tablet with other medications as it may lead to drug interaction
- Do not exceed the dosage of Macorate Cr Tablet on your own, as it can lead to overdose
Interactions of Macorate Cr 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Tell your doctor about all your prescription and non-prescription medications, ayurvedic products, vitamins, and nutritional supplements you are consuming or plan to take as there is a chance of drug interaction. Many medicines can interact with Macorate Cr Tablet, making it less effective or increasing the side effects...
- Macorate Cr Tablet interaction with antidepressants like fluoxetine and desipramine can cause increased side effects like dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating
- Macorate Cr Tablet interaction with antihistamines (allergy medicines), Pain killers, such as morphine, oxycodone, fentanyl, hydrocodone, tramadol, codeine, sleeping pills, etc., can increase drowsiness and fatigue...
- Macorate Cr Tablet interaction with malaria medicine such as mefloquine or chloroquine can reduce its effects
- Macorate Cr Tablet can interact with medicines for preventing blood clots such as warfarin and may lead to bleeding
Interactions with food items
- You should avoid caffeine-containing diets like tea, coffee, chocolate, etc. They decrease intestinal absorption of Macorate Cr Tablet
Storage and disposal of Macorate Cr 500 MG
Store Macorate Cr Tablet away from sunlight in a cool and dry place. Ensure the medication is away from the reach of children and pet animals. Keep your tablets in their original packing until it is time to take them. Do not flush the Macorate Cr Tablet down into the toilet or throw it away via household waste. Dispose of the expired medicine immediately. Do not use it after the expiry date stated on the label....
Dosage of Macorate Cr 500 MG
Macorate Cr Tablet overdose can cause symptoms like dizziness, extreme sleepiness, problems with balancing, confusion, difficulty speaking, liver problems, muscle weakness, breathing problems, and loss of consciousness. If you experience these overdose symptoms, immediately seek emergency medical treatment from a nearby hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you’ve missed a dose of the Macorate Cr Tablet, take it as you remember. However, If it's already time to take the next scheduled dose, take the next scheduled dose and skip the missed dose. Do not take double doses as it can cause overdose side effects. Consult your doctor for more information....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does long-term consumption of Macorate Cr Tablet cause weight gain/weight loss?
A: Long-term consumption of Macorate Cr Tablet is known to cause weight gain in some patients. However, its effects may vary from person to person. If you notice any weight changes, eat healthy foods and exercise regularly.
Q: Does taking Macorate Cr Tablet more than the recommended dose resolve my symptoms quickly?
A: No, do not take Macorate Cr Tablet more than the recommended dose as it may lead to overdose or may worsen your condition. Consult your doctor if you have any questions regarding the doses, and do not increase the dose on your own.
Q: Does consumption of Macorate Cr Tablet lead to dependence?
A: Macorate Cr Tablet is not known to be addictive. However, the dosage and duration should be carefully monitored and should not be taken without consulting a doctor.
- Rahman M, Nguyen H. Valproic Acid [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 28 March 2022]. Available from:
- Valproate Information [Internet]. U.S. Food and Drug Administration. 2022 [cited 28 March 2022]. Available from:
- NCI Drug Dictionary [Internet]. National Cancer Institute. 2022 [cited 28 March 2022]. Available from:
- Sodium valproate: medicine to treat epilepsy and bipolar disorder [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2022 [cited 28 March 2022]. Available from:
- Drugs H. Valproic Acid: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 28 March 2022]. Available from:
- [Internet]. 2022 [cited 28 March 2022]. Available from:
Country of Origin
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.