Lycin 250 Capsules
Lycin 250 MG Description
Lycin Capsule contains lincomycin, an antibiotic used to treat infection of lungs, airways, mouth, soft tissues and skin caused by various organisms. It works by inhibiting the growth of bacteria fur
ther preventing its spread. Lycin Capsule is used when other antibiotics are ineffective. It should not be used to treat viral infections. Take this medicine at the prescribed dose for a prescribed duration at the same time for optimal benefit. Inform your doctor about all the medical conditions and medication you are currently taking. If you experience any other symptoms while on this medication, reach out to your doctor or visit a nearby clinic or hospital.
|You Save||₹7.05 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Serious bacterial infections|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, vaginal infection|
Uses of Lycin 250 MG
Contraindications of Lycin 250 MG
Side effects of Lycin 250 MG
- Vaginal infection
- Inflammed oesophagus
- Rash, itch
- Fever, pain in the joint
- Inflammation of stomach
Precautions and Warnings of Lycin 250 MG
Other General Warnings
- You had an allergic reaction.
- You have a history of any medical condition such as liver, kidney, intestine.
- You had or have myasthenia gravis.
- You are on any other medication.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You experience severe diarrhoea.
- Your doctor might ask you to perform kidney and liver tests when on Lycin Capsule.
Mode of Action of Lycin 250 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Lycin 250 MG
Interactions of Lycin 250 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- The effect of medicine used as a neuromuscular blocking agent such as rocuronium, tracrium increases when used along with Lycin Capsule.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid interactions.
Storage and disposal of Lycin 250 MG
- Store at temperature below 25°C in a cool, dry place.
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Lycin 250 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Lycin when I feel better?
Q: Can the use of Lycin Capsule cause diarrhoea?
- Yes, the use of Lycin Capsule can cause diarrhoea along with the desired effect but not everyone gets them.
- It is an antibiotic which kills both good and bad bacteria when good bacteria present in the intestine gets killed, it can cause diarrhoea. If you are experiencing severe diarrhoea, talk to your doctor about it....