Lori Injection 2ml
Lori 5 MG Description
Lori Injection is a prescription treatment related to a group of medicines named Benzodiazepine (BZD), mainly used to treat short-term relaxation of severe anxiety disorder, muscle strokes, and seizu
res. Moreover, it also decreases alcohol withdrawal symptoms like sweating or difficulty sleeping, etc. It is also used to induce sedation in surgical methods. Lori Injection is occasionally provided as premedication to avoid uncertainty, fear, and concern before withstanding any surgical technique. An anxiety disorder is a cognitive condition defined by feelings of unreasonable fear or worry that involve an individual's everyday actions. Increased anxiety levels can result in panic attacks, with severe feelings of tension, fear, and the sudden beginning of sweating, hyperventilation, a rapid heartbeat, and flushing of the skin. Lori Injection includes Diazepam, which helps by boosting brain cells' quieting chemical in the brain that reduces anxiety, stops seizures attacks, and relieves tension in the tense muscles. Lori Injection has been used for insomnia, panic disorder, chemotherapy-associated nausea, and vomiting. However, it should not be used to reduce anxiety and tension associated with daily life.
|You Save||₹1.97 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Treatment of short-term anxiety, Panic disorder, muscle spasms, seizures, premedication before surgical procedures, relieve alcohol withdrawal symptoms|
|Side effects||Drowsiness, Fatigue, Muscle weakness, Confusion, Depression, Headache, Slurred speech, Constipation, Nausea, Gastrointestinal disturbances, Blurred vision, Dizziness, Hypotension, Psychiatric and paradoxical reactions, Changes in libido|
Uses of Lori 5 MG
- Short-term anxiety
- Panic disorder
- Muscle spasms
- Premedication before surgical procedures
- Alcohol withdrawal symptoms
Contraindications of Lori 5 MG
- If you have acute narrow-angle glaucoma.
- If you are hypersensitive to Lori Injection.
- If you have sleep apnea (sleep-related breathing disorder).
- If you have medical conditions, Myasthenia gravis, Severe hepatic insufficiency, or severe respiratory insufficiency
- If you have a child under six months.
Side effects of Lori 5 MG
- Dry mouth
- Muscle weakness
- Slurred speech
- Gastrointestinal disturbances
- Blurred vision
- One should seek medical advice without delay in any of the following symptoms.
Precautions and Warnings of Lori 5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You’re an obese patient.
- You are taking any psychotic depressants.
- You’ve a history of alcohol or medicine abuse.
- You’ve a medical condition like psychotic disorders.
- You’re severely depressed.
Mode of Action of Lori 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Lori 5 MG
- Lori Injection is given into veins or deep into a muscle supervised by your consultant.
- If you use Lori Injection at home, take the directions from your doctor.
Interactions of Lori 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Lori Injection may interact with the following medicines:
- Phenytoin- Reduced effect of Lori Injection
- Ritonavir, Cimetidine, Disulfiram - increased risk of sedation and respiratory depression
- Rifampicin - Reduced effect of Lori Injection
- Levodopa - Reduced effect of Levodopa
- Theophylline - Reduced effect of Lori Injection
- Moreover, central nervous system depressant medications and pain killers should be prevented with Lori Injection as it may result in life-threatening situations.
Interactions with food items
- Grapefruit, or grapefruit juice should be avoided as they can negatively affect the working of Lori Injection.
- Also, Lori Injection may interact with caffeine. Therefore, caffeine intake, whether it be coffee, tea, or herbal therapies, may decrease the impact of Lori Injection.
- Moreover, avoid alcohol consumption with Lori Injection to boost the sedative impact.
Storage and disposal of Lori 5 MG
Dosage of Lori 5 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Vijay Y
MBBS, MD in Clinical Pharmacology
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does Lori injection cause sleepiness?
Q: Does Lori Injection have any effect on contraception?
Q: What happens if you stop taking Lori Injection?
- Diazepam: medicine to treat anxiety, muscle spasms and fits [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2022 [cited 5 February 2022]. Available from
- Drugs H. Diazepam: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 5 February 2022]. Available from
- DIAZEPAM 5MG AND 10MG USP CS-CIV Rx Only [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 5 February 2022]. Available from: