Lorel 1mg Tablet
Lorel 1 MG Description
The Lorel 1 mg Tablet contains lorazepam. It is used in the treatment of anxiety, panic attack, sleep disturbance and social phobias. It gives short term relief from anxiety symptoms such as nervousn
ess, increased breathing, increased heart rate, excessive sweating, weakness or lack of concentration. It is also used to induce sedation before surgery or in dental procedures. The active ingredient of Lorel 1mg Tablet is lorazepam. It works by soothing the brain by reducing the excessive activity of nerve cells. Do not take this medicine without the consultation of a doctor. For optimal pharmacological effects, take the medication at the same time of the day. Lorel 1mg Tablet can be taken with or without food. Lorel 1mg Tablet has a habit-forming tendency if taken in larger doses or for a longer period of time. So, inform the doctor if you have a history of addiction or substance abuse. Do not skip Lorel 1mg Tablet without consulting your doctor, even after the resolution of the symptoms. Suddenly stopping this medicine can lead to serious health issues, withdrawal symptoms, convulsions, behavioural disorders, tremors, etc.
|You Save||₹2.46 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Anxiety, panic attack, insomnia (Sleeplessness), sedation before surgery or dental procedures.|
|Side effects||Drowsiness, dizziness, confusion, weakness and unsteadiness, falls and fractures, memory loss|
Uses of Lorel 1 MG
- Panic attack
- Insomnia (Sleeplessness)
- Sedation before surgery or dental procedures.
Contraindications of Lorel 1 MG
Side effects of Lorel 1 MG
- Weakness and unsteadiness
- Falls and fractures
- Memory loss
Precautions and Warnings of Lorel 1 MG
Other General Warnings
- You notice any allergic reactions.
- Your condition does not improve or becomes worse after taking Lorel 1 mg Tablet.
- You are trying to conceive, are breastfeeding, or taking birth control pills.
- You want to stop the medication.
- Lorel 1 mg Tablets can cause addiction, physical dependence and withdrawal reactions.
- Before the doctors prescribe this medication, inform your doctor about your past and ongoing medical history. Some conditions can make you more susceptible to the side effects or intensify them.
- Lorel 1mg Tablet is not suitable for children. It should not be administered without consulting the doctors.
Mode of Action of Lorel 1 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Lorel 1 MG
- You should take Lorel 1mg Tablets in the same dose and duration prescribed by the doctor.
- It should be swallowed as a whole with water.
- It should not be chewed or crushed. Do not break the tablet.
- You can take Lorel 1mg Tablets with or without food.
- You should take it at a fixed time daily. Avoid missing a dose.
- This medicine should not be skipped, even after the resolution of the symptoms.
- Sudden stoppage of this medicine can result in treatment failure or the development of withdrawal symptoms, which can lead to serious health issues.
Interactions of Lorel 1 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Antidepressants such as phenelzine, iproniazid
- Antibiotics, lithium and tryptophan
- Medicine for migraine, stomach ulcers and fungal infections with Lorel 1 mg tablets.
- Seek medical advice before taking Lorel 1 mg tablets if you are on opioids. Opioids have additive effects and lead to sedation, respiratory depression, coma, and death.
- Pain killers
- Medicines that decrease blood levels of potassium or magnesium, as they have the tendency to increase the risk of life-threatening heart rhythm disorder.
Interactions with food items
- There is no information available regarding the interaction of food with Lorel 1 mg Tablets.
Storage and disposal of Lorel 1 MG
Dosage of Lorel 1 MG
- Don’t take Lorel 1 mg Tablets more than the prescribed dose. Overdosing will lead to toxicity in the body. It can lead to severe side effects like rashes, hives, dizziness, swelling, wheezing, cough, shortness of breath, aggressiveness etc. In case of an overdose of Lorel 1mg Tablet, directly visit the nearest emergency room of the hospital....
- Do not give this medicine to someone else who has the same condition, as it may lead to unwanted side effects.
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Lorel 1 mg Tablet cause addiction?
Q: Can Lorel 1 mg Tablet cause memory loss?
- Yes, Lorel 1 mg Tablet can cause memory loss. However, it is one of the rare side effects.'