Liza M Tab (cassel)
By CASSEL RESEARCH LABORATORIES
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Price to be Updated
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Liza M Tab (Cassel) contains a combination of Levocetirizine and Montelukast.
Uses of Liza M Tab (Cassel)
For the treatment of allergic rhinitis
Contraindications of Liza M Tab (Cassel)
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredient of this medicine like Levocetirizine, Cetirizine or Montelukast
- If you have kidney problems or undergoing dialysis
- If you are unable to digest lactose and glucose (galactose intolerance)
Side effects of Liza M Tab (Cassel)
- Stomach pain
- Dry mouth
- Tiredness or weakness
- Blocked or runny nose
- Dizziness or drowsiness
- Indigestion or dyspepsia
Precautions and Warnings of Liza M Tab (Cassel)
Can I take Liza M Tab (Cassel) during pregnancy?
The safety of this medicine in pregnancy is not established. Do not take this medicine unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Liza M Tab (Cassel) while breastfeeding?
- It is not safe to use this medicine during breastfeeding as Levocetirizine passes into human milk and can harm the baby
- It can cause drowsiness in the breastfed baby
Can I drive if I have consumed Liza M Tab (Cassel)?
This medicine may cause dizziness or drowsiness. Be cautious while driving or operating any machinery after taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Liza M Tab (Cassel)?
It is advised to avoid alcohol consumption during the treatment as it might alter your alertness. You should also not drink alcohol if you are taking any medicines for sleeplessness as the side effects may worsen.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are taking medicines for allergies (corticosteroids) like Prednisone and Prednisolone
- You are already taking painkillers like aspirin as it can increase the risk of asthma
- You experience a rash or breathing difficulty
- You are suffering from psychiatric illness
- This medicine can cause anxiety, aggression, lack of sleep and suicidal thoughts. In case you experience any of these, immediately inform your doctor
- You are suffering from a genetic disorder called phenylketonuria
- You are not able to empty the bladder completely
- This medicine is not meant for relief from acute asthma, use your inhaler for asthma relief in acute attack
Mode of Action of Liza M Tab (Cassel)
How Does It Work?
- Montelukast blocks certain natural substances called leukotrienes which may cause allergies. It reduces swelling, relaxes airways and helps to make breathing easier
- Levocetirizine blocks histamine, a natural substance, which is produced by the body during allergic reactions
Directions for Use of Liza M Tab (Cassel)
Take the medicines as directed by your physician.
Interactions of Liza M Tab (Cassel)
Interactions with other medicines
- This medicine contains Levocetirizine and Montelukast. Any interaction which is seen with any of these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination too
- Medicines used to treat fits or epilepsy like Phenytoin
- Medicines used to treat anxiety or sleeplessness (CNS depressants) like Phenobarbital
- Medicines used to treat tuberculosis like Rifampicin
Interactions with food items
This medicine can be taken with or without food.
Storage and disposal of Liza M Tab (Cassel)
- Store this medicine below 30°C
- Try to protect it from light and moisture
- Keep it away from the reach of children
Dosage of Liza M Tab (Cassel)
- Symptoms of overdose include drowsiness, aggression, restlessness, thirst and headache
- In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I have depression, can this medicine worsen it?
A: This medicine is known to cause side effects like anxiety, depression, irritability and suicidal behaviour. It would be best if you are cautious as there can be an increased frequency of suicidal thoughts. In case it occurs, immediately inform your family and doctor.
Q: Can I take this medicine during an asthma attack?
A: No, it will not help in an acute attack of asthma. It is advised to take appropriate rescue medicine like inhalers given by your doctor during an asthma attack. Keep taking this medicine as well and do not stop it abruptly.
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved