Lipira 5mg Tablet
By EMCURE PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
The primary medicine used in the composition of Lipira 5mg Tab is rosuvastatin, which belongs to a class of medicines known as statins that help reduce the level of bad cholesterol and increase the level of good cholesterol in your body.
Uses of Lipira 5mg Tab
- High cholesterol levels
- High blood pressure
- Prevent stroke
- Reduce the risk of other heart complications
Contraindications of Lipira 5mg Tab
- Liver or kidney problems
- Allergic reaction to the medicine
- If you are on cyclosporin
Side effects of Lipira 5mg Tab
- Common side effects of Lipira 5mg Tab include headache, stomach pain,nausea,heartburn,dizziness and constipation
- Serious side effects include myopathy (which can manifest in the form of muscle ache, lethargy, and fever)
- Rhabdomyolysis or abnormal muscle breakdown is a condition with severe muscle pain, soreness and may be associated with fever. This can be serious as it is associated with the breakdown of muscles leading to acute kidney failure. Promptly report to your doctor if you find dark-colored urine, fever, muscle painread less
Precautions and Warnings of Lipira 5mg Tab
Can I take Lipira 5mg Tab during pregnancy?
This medication must not be used during pregnancy as it can harm the baby. While taking the medicine, if you become pregnant consult your doctor immediately.
Can I take this medicine while breastfeeding?
Small amounts of the medicine passes into breast milk. It is unsafe to consume this medicine if you are planning to breastfeed the baby.Do not breastfeed while you are taking this medicine; consult your doctor right away.
Can I drive if I have taken this medicine?
Yes, as this medicine does not affect your ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with this medicine?
Limit alcoholic beverages as it may increase the risk of liver diseases.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are taking or have taken in the last 7 days a medicine called fusidic acid (a medicine for bacterial infection). Fusidic acid should not be taken with this medicine as together, they lead to serious muscle problemsread less
- You have kidney or liver disorders
- You have muscle aches or pains or family history of muscle problems
- You had, in the past, muscular problems during treatment with other cholesterol-lowering medicines
- You regularly drink a large amount of alcohol
Mode of Action of Lipira 5mg Tab
How Does It Work?
The medicine works by blocking the enzyme HMG-CoA reductase that is needed by the body to make cholesterol, so this reduces the amount of cholesterol produced in the blood.
Directions for Use of Lipira 5mg Tab
The dosage of Lipira 5mg Tab is to be taken by mouth with or without food as directed by your doctor, usually once daily. Remember to take the medicine at the same time each day. It is important to continue taking this medication even if you feel unwell.
Interactions of Lipira 5mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Lipid-lowering agents
- Oral contraceptive pills
- HIV protease
- After taking the medicine, any antacids like aluminum hydroxide should not be taken within two hours of consumption
- The medicine should not be taken along with fusidic acid or within 7 days of stopping fusidic acid as it can lead to a serious side effect of muscle breakdown known as rhabdomylosis
Interactions with food items
Reduce the intake of grapefruit juice to extremely tiny quantities.
Storage and disposal of Lipira 5mg Tab
Store the medicine at room temperature and protect it from moisture. Keep it out of sight and reach of children.
Dosage of Lipira 5mg Tab
There are no known side effects of overdose.However, one must avoid an overdose of any medicine. If someone ecperiences serious symptoms such as passing out or trouble breathing, seek immediate medical help.
Missed a Dose
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Do not double the dose to make up for the missed dosage. Also, do not take 2 doses within 12 hours of each other.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can this medication cause hair loss?
A: Hairfall is a very rare side effect of the medicine. Talk to your doctor if you experience symptoms like hair loss.
Q: Can I stop taking this medication once I start feeling better?
A: You should not stop your medicine without talking to your doctor. Stopping the medicine suddenly may put your health at risk.
Q: Can this medicine cause weight gain?
A: No, there is no evidence that the medicine causes weight gain. Consult your doctor if you begin to gain weight.
Q: Can I cut this medicine in half?
A: While many studies show that statins do not lose their effectiveness after splitting, it is necessary that you consult with your doctor before doing so.
Q: How long will the medicine take to work?
A: You may see results for lowering LDL cholesterol in 2-4 weeks after startingthe medicine. Results may vary between individuals. On follow-up visits, your doctor may choose to adjust your dosage to help you reach your cholesterol goal.
Q: . What are the precautions to follow while on Lipira 5mg Tab?
A: These medicines are a part of a comprehensive program to reduce cholesterol levels. Avoid eating foods with a high fat content and exercise regularly for optimum results Tell the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding Tell the doctor if you have any liver/kidney ailment
Q: What if my daily schedule interferes with taking the medicine?
A: Try to take your medicine at the same time every day. Try connecting it with something you do every day, such as brushing your teeth or eating breakfast. This may help you remember to take it. Keep a daily calendar or set an alarm clock to go off at the time you need to take your medicine. You can also use a pill box with the days of the week on it.
- Drugs.com. Rosuvastatin.
- electronic Medicines Compendium. Rosuvastatin 10 mg film-coated tablets.
- DrugBank. Rosuvastatin.
- eMedicineHealth. Rosuvastatin (Crestor).
- DailyMed. ROSUVASTATIN - rosuvastatin calcium tablet, film coated.
- Bethesda (MD). Rosuvastatin. 2006.
- electronic Medicines Compendium. Crestor® 5 mg film-coated tablets.
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved