Licab Xl 400mg Tablet
Licab Xl 400 MG Description
Licab XL tablet is used to treat adults with bipolar disorder and mania. It's also used to address a variety of behavioural problems. It reduces the number and severity of manic episodes. Other uses
of the Licab XL tablet include treating conditions like aggressive behaviour, sleeplessness, hyperactivity, etc. With the Licab XL tablet, you will carry out daily activities more comfortably. This tablet should be taken with food every day at the same time to maintain constant levels in the body. It helps to stay calm, reduce anxiety, and soothe excess nerves activity. Licab XL may cause weight gain, controlled by eating a healthy diet and exercising regularly. It may take 1-3 weeks to notice the effects of this tablet, though this varies from person to person. Don't stop taking this medicine without informing your doctor, even if you feel better.
|You Save||₹16.12 (30% on MRP)|
|Uses||Insomnia, Bipolar disorder, behavioural disorders|
|Side effects||Tremors, slurred speech, nausea, acne, an increased white blood cell count, memory loss.|
Uses of Licab Xl 400 MG
- As per CDSCO, the Licab tablet is used to treat manic depression.
- It is also used in the treatment of bipolar disorders.
Contraindications of Licab Xl 400 MG
Side effects of Licab Xl 400 MG
- Slurred speech
- Uncoordinated body movements
- Memory impairment
- Hair loss
Precautions and Warnings of Licab Xl 400 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have thyroid and kidney problems.
- You may experience diarrhoea and dehydration during this course of medication. Drink plenty of water and keep your salt intake in check.
- You gain weight.
- You develop stomach discomfort, speech issues, or significant drowsiness.
Mode of Action of Licab Xl 400 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Licab Xl 400 MG
- Follow your doctor's directions for Licab XL tablet dosage and duration.
- Take the whole pill at once. It is not a chewable tablet. Do not cut, crush or break it in any way.
- Don't stop the medicine suddenly if you've been taking it regularly.
- Take a Licab XL tablet at a set time.
Interactions of Licab Xl 400 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Diabetic medications may be affected by the Licab Xl tablet. Blood glucose levels must be closely monitored.
- Medicines like furosemide can raise lithium levels; it's not a good idea to take them together. It can cause drowsiness, muscle weakness, blurred vision, and vomiting.
- High blood pressure medicines such as captopril and enalapril can raise lithium levels; hence they should not be taken at the same time.
Interactions with food items
- Caffeine may reduce the amount of Lithium in the body and reduce the medication's effectiveness.
- If salt consumption increases, this medicine can damage the kidneys.
Storage and disposal of Licab Xl 400 MG
Dosage of Licab Xl 400 MG
- If you have overdosed on this medicine, consult the doctor immediately. Symptoms of overdose are drowsiness, imbalance, diarrhoea, vomit, blurred vision, fits, slurred speech, and ringing in the ears....
Missed a Dose
Dr. Divya Rohra
Dr. Jagruti Jain
M.B.B.S., M.D., D.N.B., General Medicine
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is it possible for Licab XL Tablet to promote weight gain?
Q: Can Licab XL tablet make me sleepy?
- Yes, the Licab XL tablet can cause sleepiness, dizziness, and disorientation.
- H.Lithium: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 27 January 2022]. Available from:
- Lithium cation: Uses, Interactions, Mechanism of Action | DrugBank Online [Internet]. Drugbank.ca. 2022 [cited 27 January 2022]. Available from:
- Lithium carbonate [Internet]. Pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 27 January 2022]. Available from: