Levalo 250mg Tab
By MALODY HEALTHCARE LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Price to be Updated
Out of Stock
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Levalo 250mg Tab is an antibiotic medicine. It is used for the treatment of bacterial infection of the lungs, throat, airways, nose, ears, urinary tract, skin and soft tissues. It contains levofloxacin. Levalo 250mg Tab works by killing the bacteria responsible for infection by blocking certain vital functions of bacterial cells like growth and replication. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. Do not stop taking this medicine if you feel better within a few days. Always finish the course of antibiotic medicine for effective treatment...
Uses of Levalo 250mg Tab
Levalo 250mg Tab is used to treat different types of bacterial infections such as infection of throat, lung, sinus, kidney, urinary tract, skin and soft tissues.
Contraindications of Levalo 250mg Tab
- If you are allergic to levofloxacin or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are allergic to a class of medicines called fluoroquinolones. If you are not sure which are these medicines ask your doctor.
- If you have a history of fits and seizures (epilepsy).
- If you have tendons (tendonitis) related problems.
- If you are below 18 years old.
- If you are pregnant/breastfeeding or are planning to become pregnant.
Side effects of Levalo 250mg Tab
- Sleep disturbances
Precautions and Warnings of Levalo 250mg Tab
Can I take the Levalo 250mg Tab during pregnancy?
There is limited safety information available about the use of this medicine in pregnant women. If you conceive while taking this medicine, seek immediate medical advice.
Can I take the Levalo 250mg Tab while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if levofloxacin can pass into human breastmilk. However, similar medicines can pass into human breastmilk. Hence, Levalo 250mg Tab must not be only be used if prescribed by your doctor, while taking this medicine one should not breastfeed.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Levalo 250mg Tab ?
You may experience sleepiness, dizziness and visual disturbances like blurred vision while on treatment with the Levalo 250mg Tab . Avoid driving or use any tools and machines if affected.
Can I consume alcohol with the Levalo 250mg Tab ?
There is no known interaction between alcohol and this medicine. However, long-term use of alcohol can weaken your immune system and body's response to pathogens and infections. Consult your doctor for more information if you drink too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have diabetes, psychiatric illness, brain injury, kidney or liver-related problems.
- You have a history of fits, you are above the age of 60 years.
- You are taking steroids.
- You experience low or high blood sugar, consider monitoring your blood sugar frequently if you are diabetic and on antidiabetic medicine.
- You experience nervous system-related symptoms such as confusion, sleeplessness, nightmares, thoughts of harming yourself, feeling low, anxiety, etc. Immediately seek medical advice.
- You have heart problems, a history of heart attack, slow heart rate, salt imbalance.
- You have glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (an inherited disorder that affects red blood cells).
- You have or had developed an allergic reaction after taking the Levalo 250mg Tab .
- You are suffering from myasthenia gravis, a condition of muscle weakness. This medicine can further worsen the condition of muscle weakness.
- Levalo 250mg Tab should not be used by children and adolescents.
- This medicine is known to cause tendon rupture, nerve damage/pain (peripheral neuropathy). Be cautious and tell your doctor if you already have any of this condition before initiating the treatment.
Mode of Action of Levalo 250mg Tab
How Does It Work?
Levofloxacin in the Levalo 250mg Tab prevent bacterial growth by interfering with the vital functions of bacterial cells like protein synthesis that are responsible for growth and development of the bacteria....
Directions for Use of Levalo 250mg Tab
Levalo 250mg Tab should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It can be taken with or without food. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Levalo 250mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Levalo 250mg Tab works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat your heart problems, brain disorders, other antibiotics, blood thinners, painkillers, steroids.
- Medicines containing aluminum, magnesium or sucralfate used for acidity problems should be taken with a minimum gap of 2 hours with the Levalo 250mg Tab .
- Other medicines such as methotrexate, cimetidine, probenecid should be used cautiously along with the Levalo 250mg Tab .
- Dietary supplements that contain iron may affect the way this tablet works, therefore, this medicine should be taken two hours before or after having any product that contains iron.
Storage and disposal of Levalo 250mg Tab
- Store the Levalo 250mg Tab at room temperature in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly. Do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Levalo 250mg Tab
Symptoms of an overdose are dizziness, nausea, confusion, unconsciousness, fits. Seek immediate medical help if you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicine.
Missed a Dose
For optimum effect, doses of antibiotics should not be missed. If you have missed any dose of the Levalo 250mg Tab take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with the physician before starting Levalo 250mg Tab ?
A: Levalo 250mg Tab can interact with other medicines hence inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines especially supplements or herbs. Also, inform your doctor if you are stopping any medicine.
Q: What precautions should be taken when using Levalo 250mg Tab ?
- Avoid going out in the sun. Wear a protective covering or use sunscreen (SPF 30 or 40) to prevent sunburn.
- If you experience pain, swelling of a tendon or weakness or inability to use one of your joints; rest and refrain from exercise and discontinue the Levalo 250mg Tab treatment immediately and contact your doctor....
- If you experience sudden chest or back or stomach pain, seek medical help immediately.
- Have plenty of water and maintain a healthy diet.
Q: Can I discontinue taking Levalo 250mg Tab if I feel my condition is improving?
A: No, you should not stop taking the Levalo 250mg Tab in the middle of the treatment, doing so may cause reinfection or bacterial resistance. Antibiotics must be taken for the complete prescribed duration.
Q: Does Levalo 250mg Tab cause diarrhoea?
A: Yes, you may experience diarrhoea as a side effect after taking the Levalo 250mg Tab . If you have severe diarrhoea, reach out to your doctor.
- Levofloxacin 250 mg Film-coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
- CDSCO - Levofloxacin [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
- LEVOFLOX Tablets (Levofloxacin) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
- Can Alcohol Abuse Cause or Worsen an Infectious Disease? [Internet]. Alcohol.org. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]