Levacetam 100 MG Description
Levacetam Injection contains levetiracetam as its active ingredient. It is an antiepileptic medicine. It is used as a medicine to treat epilepsy or convulsions. Epilepsy is a condition of brain-relat
ed disorder that is characterised by abnormal brain activity, causing fits or periods of unusual behaviour, feeling fuzzy, anxiety and loss of consciousness. It is also used to control and prevent fits or seizures during and after brain surgery. Levacetam Injection will be given to you in the hospital or clinic by a doctor or nurse as an injection. You should avoid self-injecting. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting the treatment.
Uses of Levacetam 100 MG
- Levacetam Injection is used to treat and prevent various types of seizures in adults and children.
Contraindications of Levacetam 100 MG
- If you are allergic to levetiracetam and any other ingredient of this Injection.
Side effects of Levacetam 100 MG
- Infection in the nose
- Lack of energy
Precautions and Warnings of Levacetam 100 MG
- It is not recommended to a nursing mother, as it passes into the breastmilk. However, the doctor may prescribe this medicine to a nursing mother if it has more advantages than risks.
- The doctor may recommend the lowest effective dose.
Other General Warnings
- You have kidney-related problems.
- There are chances of decreased growth in adolescents.
- You may have suicidal thoughts of harming or killing yourself.
- You may experience dizziness or tiredness. So better do not drive or operate any machinery until you feel alert and active.
- The treatment should be stopped gradually not abruptly otherwise it can lead to breakthrough fits/seizures with serious consequences.
Mode of Action of Levacetam 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Levacetam 100 MG
- Levacetam Injection will be given to you in the hospital by your doctor or nurse. Do not self-inject this medicine.
- Follow any instructions suggested by the doctor or nurse during the procedure or for aftercare.
Interactions of Levacetam 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Sometimes Levacetam Injection may affect the way other medicines work and other medicines may affect how it works if taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions. Especially, if you are taking anti-cancer medicines like methotrexate....
Storage and disposal of Levacetam 100 MG
Dosage of Levacetam 100 MG
- This Injection will be given to you by a doctor or nurse. Therefore, it is less likely that you may get an overdose of Levacetam Injection. If you experience symptoms like aggression, unconsciousness, restlessness, breathing problem, etc. or any discomforts right after taking this injection, seek medical help....
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Levacetam Injection used for?
Q: What should I do if there are side effects?
Q: What are the seizures? How long does a seizure usually last?
- CDSCO [Internet]. 2022 [cited 16 May 2022]
- Desitrend 100 mg/ml concentrate for solution for infusion - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 16 May 2022]
- [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 16 May 2022]
- DailyMed - LEVETIRACETAM- levetiracetam injection injection [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 16 May 2022]