Lenid 10mg Capsules
By UNITED BIOTECH (P) LTD
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Lenid 10 MG Description
Lenid Capsule is an immunomodulatory medicine. It modulates the immune system. Lenid is used to treat white blood cell cancer and in patients with transfusion dependent aneamia. It contains Lenalidom
ide as active ingredient. This medicine modulates and strengthens the immune system. It kills and inhibits the growth of cancer cells thereby prevents the spread of cancer. Take Lenid as advised by your doctor. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own. Lenid Capsule should be avoided if you are pregnany or planning pregnancy.
|You Save||₹435.00 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Dizziness, fatigue, constipation, muscle cramp|
Check more medicines with composition as Lenalidomide(10.0 Mg)
Uses of Lenid 10 MG
- Used to treat cancer of white blood cell.
- Used to treat blood transfusion dependent aneamia where bone marrow is unable to make mature blood cells.
Contraindications of Lenid 10 MG
- If you are allergic to lenalidomide or any other ingredient of Lenid Capsule.
- If you are pregnant, planning pregnancy or of a child bearing age.
Side effects of Lenid 10 MG
- Muscle cramps
- Decreased blood count
- Difficulty in breathing
Precautions and Warnings of Lenid 10 MG
Can I take Lenid Capsule during pregnancy?
Lenid Capsule should not be used during pregnancy as it may cause serious harm to the unborn baby. Inform your doctor if you are planning pregnancy while on this medicine.
Can I take Lenid Capsule while breastfeeding?
It is not known if the component of Lenid passes into the breastmilk. It is advised to avoid breastfeeding while on this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Lenid Capsule?
You should avoid driving as you feel fatigue, dizzy, sleepy after taking Lenid Capsule.
Can I consume alcohol with Lenid Capsule?
No, you should not consume alcohol while on Lenid as it may worsen the side effect. Talk to your doctor if you consume it often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are above 50 years of age, menopausal or of a non-child bearing age.
- You are using any knid of contraceptive method.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You have heart disease or conditions, blood clot in the body.
- You have thyroid, blood disorder.
- You have viral reactivation or visual disturbance such as cataract.
- You have kidney or liver damage.
- You experience any allergic reaction after taking Lenid.
- You have or experience tingling sensation or numbness of the extremities.
- You have or had any kind of cancer or cancer lysis.
- You have any active infection.
- You feel sleepy or dizzy.
Mode of Action of Lenid 10 MG
How Does It Work?
- Linalidomide acts by inhibiting the growth and multiplication of cancer cells and stops cancer cells from making their own blood vessels. Thus, kills the cancer cells.
- It works by killing the abnormal cells in the bone marrow and helps to produce healthy normal blood cells.
Directions for Use of Lenid 10 MG
- Lenid Capsule is to be taken as advised by the doctor.
- Take the medicine with a glass of water.
- Take the medicine at a fixed time every day for optimal results.
Interactions of Lenid 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affects the way the Lenid Capsule works or Lenid itself reduces the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor about other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking to avoid possible interactions.
- Especially you are taking oral contraceptive medicines, blood thinners, anti-allergic medicine, other cancer medicine or medicine used to treat brain related disorder.
- If you are lipid lowering medicine, steroids or digoxin.
Storage and disposal of Lenid 10 MG
- Store Lenid Capsule at room temperature in a cool and dry place away from heat and moisture.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Lenid 10 MG
Overdose of Lenid may cause drowsiness, irritability, sickness, headache. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Missing a dose of Lenid Capsule may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment. If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Lenid Capsule if I feel better?
A: Do not stop taking Lenid Capsule until and unless your doctor advises you. If you stop taking this medicine, it can lead to an incomplete killing of cancer cells and thus increase the risk of reoccurrence of cancer. The doctor will gradually decrease the dose as per the need.
Q: My husband is on Lenid, can we plan pregnancy after completing the course of this medicine?
A: No, you should not plan pregnancy after the completion of the last dose with Lenid Capsule. Always consult your doctor before planning a pregnancy and use an effective contraceptive method.
- Revlimid 2.5 mg Hard Capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 10 June 2022]
- Revlimid 2.5 mg Hard Capsules - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 10 June 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdsco.gov. 2022 [cited 10 June 2022]
- REVLIMID® Capsule [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 10 June 2022]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed