Lactihep Syrup 200ml
Lactihep 10 GM/15ML Description
Lactihep syrup is used to treat constipation. It contains lactilol as its main component. It works by allowing water into the intestine making stool soft and easy to pass out from the body. It should
be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Lactihep syrup may cause some side effects such as stomach discomfort, cramps and gas, but not everybody gets them. These side effects normally go away with time, but if you feel the side effects persist, you should consult your doctor.
Uses of Lactihep 10 GM/15ML
- Lactihep syrup is used in the treatment of constipation.
- It is also used to prevent hepatic encephalopathy - a decline in the brain function which occurs due to liver disease.
Contraindications of Lactihep 10 GM/15ML
- If you are allergic to lactilol or any other ingredients of Lactihep syrup.
- If you are suffering from intestinal obstruction (blockage in your intestine).
- If you are suffering from galactosaemia (a metabolic disorder that affects how the body processes galactose).
Side effects of Lactihep 10 GM/15ML
- Stomach discomfort
- Abdominal cramps
- Flatulence (gas)
Precautions and Warnings of Lactihep 10 GM/15ML
Other General Warnings
- You develop diarrhoea or watery stools while on treatment with Lactihep syrup You need to undergo electro cauterisation procedures You develop an allergic reaction or side effects after taking this medicine. It is not recommended in the case of ileostomy (surgical operation in the ileum). Do not use it for a prolonged duration without consulting the doctor....
Mode of Action of Lactihep 10 GM/15ML
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Lactihep 10 GM/15ML
- Take Lactihep syrup as directed by your doctor.
- Shake well before use.
- Read the instructions on the bottle before usage.
- Patients should maintain an adequate daily fluid intake.
Interactions of Lactihep 10 GM/15ML
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Lactihep syrup works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking water pills, steroids, antibiotics, anacids, carbenoxolone, amphotericin B, digitalis, neomycin.
Storage and disposal of Lactihep 10 GM/15ML
- Store Lactihep syrup in a cool and dry place.
- Store it at room temperature.
- Do not freeze.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Lactihep 10 GM/15ML
- Symptoms of overdose are diarrhoea and abdominal cramps. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much Lactihep syrup, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....