Kuffdryl Syp 100ml
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD GX
100ml Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Kuffdryl Syrup is a combination of three medicines namely Diphenhydramine, Ammonium chloride and Sodium citrate. This medicine is used to reduce cough associated with thick sputum. It also reduces a runny or stuffy nose, sneezing, watery eyes and congestion. This medicine should not be used with other anti-allergic medicines and medicines used to treat psychiatric illnesses. If you are suffering from glaucoma, prostate, liver and kidney problems use this medicine cautiously. This medicine should not be used in children below 2 years of age without proper medical consultation. Side effects such as drowsiness, dryness of the mouth, constipation and an upset stomach can be experienced while using this medicine. Do not use this medicine in breastfeeding mothers. Avoid alcohol if you are driving or operating heavy machinery.
Uses of Kuffdryl Syp 100ml
Kuffdryl Syrup is used to treat cough and cold, especially associated with phlegm. It is also used to relieve symptoms like sneezing, a runny nose, watery eyes and a stuffy nose.
Contraindications of Kuffdryl Syp 100ml
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are taking medicines like MAO inhibitors (Selegiline, Phenelzine, etc.) which are used for a psychiatric illness.
- If you have glaucoma (increased pressure in the eyes which produces painful, red eyes and gradual vision loss).
- If you have ulcers in the stomach and intestine (symptoms like vomiting, acidity, indigestion, bleeding, black stool) or any problems related to your stomach.
- If you have prostate problems (conditions like benign prostatic hyperplasia which are characterised by difficulty in urination, frequent urge to go to urination and dribbling of urine).
- If you have liver or kidney problems.
- If you have an asthma attack.
- If you are breastfeeding.
- If you are taking other sedating antihistamines medicines like Promethazine and Chlorphenamine.
Side effects of Kuffdryl Syp 100ml
- Dizziness, fatigue
- Nausea, vomiting
- An upset stomach, constipation, diarrhoea
- Dryness of the mouth, nose or throat or eyes
- Blurry vision
- Nervousness, fits
- Thicker phlegm
- Difficulty in breathing and swallowing
- Skin rashes and itching
Precautions and Warnings of Kuffdryl Syp 100ml
Can I take Kuffdryl Syrup during pregnancy?
Kuffdryl Syrup should be avoided during pregnancy as it may cause harm to the unborn baby. If you are pregnant or think you may be or are planning for a baby, you should consult your doctor before starting this medicine.
Can I take Kuffdryl Syrup while breastfeeding?
Kuffdryl Syrup should not be used during breastfeeding as it passes into the breastmilk and could harm the breastfed baby. Consult your doctor before using it while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Kuffdryl Syrup?
Kuffdryl Syrup may cause blurring of vision and drowsiness as a side effect. It is advisable to avoid driving, operate heavy machinery or any activity that needs alertness or clear vision during the treatment.
Can I consume alcohol with Kuffdryl Syrup?
You should not consume alcohol while taking Kuffdryl Syrup as it may worsen the side effects of this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any breathing problems, pneumonia, asthma or any other diseases.
- You have glaucoma or fits.
- You have any problems with your liver or kidney.
- You consume alcohol regularly.
- You are above 65 years of age as older individuals should be cautious while using this medicine as they are more prone to develop dizziness and urination problems with this medicine.
- Do not use this medicine to make a child sleepy.
- In young children, this medicine may produce excitement instead of drowsiness. So, be cautious while using it.
- Stop using this medicine and ask a doctor if the cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back or is accompanied by fever, rash or persistent headache. These could be the signs of a serious condition.
- Do not share this medicine with anyone even if they have similar symptoms.
Mode of Action of Kuffdryl Syp 100ml
How Does It Work?
The contents of this medicine help in reducing cough with phlegm. Diphenhydramine blocks the effects of allergic chemicals and provides relief from allergic symptoms such as a runny nose and watery eyes. Ammonium chloride is an expectorant agent which increases the water content in the windpipe. Therefore, cough associated with thick mucous (phlegm) is relieved by making the mucous easy to expel. Sodium citrate is a mucolytic agent which decreases the consistency of this mucous and makes it thin. Thus, these agents help to remove this mucous from the windpipe and lungs and improves the patient’s condition.
Directions for Use of Kuffdryl Syp 100ml
- Take this medicine as instructed by your doctor.
- Shake it well before use.
- Read the instructions on the bottle before usage.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon or dropper for the exact quantity.
- Do not stop taking Kuffdryl Syrup on your own.
- Do not take it for more than 4 doses in a day.
Interactions of Kuffdryl Syp 100ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Kuffdryl Syrup should not be used concomitantly with MAO inhibitors like Selegiline and Isocarboxazid (used for psychiatric illness). It produces a condition called serotonin syndrome which is a life-threatening condition that can occur rapidly due to a build-up of an excessive amount of serotonin in the body. In serotonin syndrome, a person may experience high body temperature, high blood pressure, fast heart rate, excitability, tremor (shakiness) and sweating. In such a situation, patients should rush to a nearby hospital immediately.read less
- Concomitant use of this medicine with other anti-allergic medicines like Cetirizine, medicines like Atropine, Benztropine (used to treat travel or motion sickness, stomach cramps, Parkinson’s disease), opioids like Codeine, Morphine (to relieve severe painful conditions), medicines like Propranolol, Metoprolol (used to treat heart problems, to decrease blood pressure) and may alter the effects of this medicine.read less
- Other medicines like Amitriptyline, Doxepin and Ephedrine should be used with caution.
Storage and disposal of Kuffdryl Syp 100ml
- Store Kuffdryl Syrup below 30°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep this medicine out of sight and reach of children and pets.
- Do not use this medicine after its expiry date.
- You need to properly discard this medicine when it is expired or no longer needed.
Dosage of Kuffdryl Syp 100ml
In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this syrup, take it as soon as you remember. If it’s time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Kuffdryl Syrup with other anti-allergic medicines?
A: Kuffdryl Syrup already contains an anti-allergic medicines in it. If you use it with other anti-allergic medicines, it will increase the side effects of this medicine which can be serious and needs emergency treatment, so always avoid using other medicines with it or inform your doctor about that.
Q: Can Kuffdryl Syrup be used for anxiety?
A: No, this medicine should not be used for anxiety. Kuffdryl Syrup is used to treat cough, cold and relieve symptoms like sneezing, a runny and stuffy nose, watery eyes, etc.
Q: How often can I take Kuffdryl Syrup?
A: You should take Kuffdryl Syrup in the correct doses and for the exact duration as recommended by your doctor. You should not take more than 4 doses in a day.
Q: My colleague has similar symptoms can I recommend Kuffdryl Syrup for use?
A: No, you should not, as different underlying conditions produce similar symptoms which the doctor will decide after careful clinical examinations. Kuffdryl Syrup also has many contraindications and side effects which ignored can lead to severe conditions. So, this medicine should be used only if prescribed by a doctor. Self-medication should be avoided.
Q: Can we use Kuffdryl Syrup in elderly patients?
A: Elderly patients are more prone to the side effects of this medicine. Also, conditions like glaucoma, prostate problem, liver and kidney diseases are more prevalent in the elderly population which aggravates the side effects of this medicine. So, always consult a doctor before using it in elderly patients.
Q: Does Kuffdryl Syrup make you sleepy?
A: Kuffdryl Syrup may produce drowsiness or sleepiness as a side effect.
Q: How long does it take for Kuffdryl Syrup to show its effect?
A: Kuffdryl Syrup approximately acts within 15 to 30 minutes after taking it but it may differ from person to person.
Last Updated on: 08 Apr 2021 | 11:02 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved