Kuffdryl Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
Kuffdryl Bottle Of 100ml Syrup Description
Kuffdryl Syrup is a combination of three medicines namely Diphenhydramine, Ammonium chloride and Sodium citrate. This medicine is used to reduce cough associated with thick sputum. It also reduces a
runny or stuffy nose, sneezing, watery eyes and congestion. This medicine should not be used with other anti-allergic medicines and medicines used to treat psychiatric illnesses. If you are suffering from glaucoma, prostate, liver and kidney problems use this medicine cautiously. This medicine should not be used in children below 2 years of age without proper medical consultation. Side effects such as drowsiness, dryness of the mouth, constipation and an upset stomach can be experienced while using this medicine. Do not use this medicine in breastfeeding mothers. Avoid alcohol if you are driving or operating heavy machinery.
|You Save||₹21.20 (20% on MRP)|
|Contains||Sodium Citrate(57.03 Mg/5ml) + Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride(14.08 Mg/5ml) + Ammonium Chloride(138.0 Mg/5ml)|
|Therapy||COUGH COLD PREPARATION|
Uses of Kuffdryl Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
Contraindications of Kuffdryl Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are taking medicines like MAO inhibitors (Selegiline, Phenelzine, etc.) which are used for a psychiatric illness.
- If you have glaucoma (increased pressure in the eyes which produces painful, red eyes and gradual vision loss).
- If you have ulcers in the stomach and intestine (symptoms like vomiting, acidity, indigestion, bleeding, black stool) or any problems related to your stomach.
- If you have prostate problems (conditions like benign prostatic hyperplasia which are characterised by difficulty in urination, frequent urge to go to urination and dribbling of urine).
- If you have liver or kidney problems.
- If you have an asthma attack.
- If you are breastfeeding.
- If you are taking other sedating antihistamines medicines like Promethazine and Chlorphenamine.
Side effects of Kuffdryl Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
- Dizziness, fatigue
- Nausea, vomiting
- An upset stomach, constipation, diarrhoea
- Dryness of the mouth, nose or throat or eyes
- Blurry vision
- Nervousness, fits
- Thicker phlegm
- Difficulty in breathing and swallowing
- Skin rashes and itching
Precautions and Warnings of Kuffdryl Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
Other General Warnings
- You have any breathing problems, pneumonia, asthma or any other diseases.
- You have glaucoma or fits.
- You have any problems with your liver or kidney.
- You consume alcohol regularly.
- You are above 65 years of age as older individuals should be cautious while using this medicine as they are more prone to develop dizziness and urination problems with this medicine.
- Do not use this medicine to make a child sleepy.
- In young children, this medicine may produce excitement instead of drowsiness. So, be cautious while using it.
- Stop using this medicine and ask a doctor if the cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back or is accompanied by fever, rash or persistent headache. These could be the signs of a serious condition.
- Do not share this medicine with anyone even if they have similar symptoms.
Mode of Action of Kuffdryl Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Kuffdryl Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
- Take this medicine as instructed by your doctor.
- Shake it well before use.
- Read the instructions on the bottle before usage.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon or dropper for the exact quantity.
- Do not stop taking Kuffdryl Syrup on your own.
- Do not take it for more than 4 doses in a day.
Interactions of Kuffdryl Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
Interactions with other medicines
- Kuffdryl Syrup should not be used concomitantly with MAO inhibitors like Selegiline and Isocarboxazid (used for psychiatric illness). It produces a condition called serotonin syndrome which is a life-threatening condition that can occur rapidly due to a build-up of an excessive amount of serotonin in the body. In serotonin syndrome, a person may experience high body temperature, high blood pressure, fast heart rate, excitability, tremor (shakiness) and sweating. In such a situation, patients should rush to a nearby hospital immediately....
- Concomitant use of this medicine with other anti-allergic medicines like Cetirizine, medicines like Atropine, Benztropine (used to treat travel or motion sickness, stomach cramps, Parkinson’s disease), opioids like Codeine, Morphine (to relieve severe painful conditions), medicines like Propranolol, Metoprolol (used to treat heart problems, to decrease blood pressure) and may alter the effects of this medicine....
- Other medicines like Amitriptyline, Doxepin and Ephedrine should be used with caution.
Storage and disposal of Kuffdryl Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
- Store Kuffdryl Syrup below 30°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep this medicine out of sight and reach of children and pets.
- Do not use this medicine after its expiry date.
- You need to properly discard this medicine when it is expired or no longer needed.