Krumex 10ml Syrup
By DALES PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10ml Suspension in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Krumex Suspension contains Albendazole as its active ingredient. It is an anti-worm medicine. It is used to treat infection caused by worms. It kills the worm by depriving them of glucose and energy source. This medicine is not recommended for use in children below 2 years of age. Inform your doctor, if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or nursing mother and on any other medicines, herbal products or supplements. You may experience stomach discomfort or pain, gas and diarrhoea after taking this medicine. If you experience any other side effect after taking this medicine consult your doctor immediately.
Uses of Krumex 10ml Syrup
Krumex Suspension is used to treat infections of the stomach and intestine caused by the various types of worms.
Contraindications of Krumex 10ml Syrup
- If you are allergic to Albendazole or any other components of Krumex Suspension.
- If you are pregnant.
Side effects of Krumex 10ml Syrup
- Feeling dizzy
- Stomach pain
- Increased liver enzymes
- Patchy hair loss
Precautions and Warnings of Krumex 10ml Syrup
Can I take Krumex Suspension during pregnancy?
Krumex Suspension must not be used during pregnancy; it has the potential to harm the unborn baby. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or planning a pregnancy.
Can I take Krumex Suspension while breastfeeding?
There is limited information about the effect of Krumex Suspension while breastfeeding. Caution is advised when Albendazole is used while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Krumex Suspension?
You may feel dizzy after taking Krumex Suspension. Caution is needed while driving or operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Krumex Suspension?
Drinking alcohol, along with Krumex Suspension, may increase the risk of liver problems. It is advised to limit the consumption of alcohol during the treatment.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are a young woman; it is essential to have a negative pregnancy test before starting Krumex Suspension.
- You have liver disease.
- You are suffering from fits or seizures.
- You experience bone marrow suppression or a decrease in the blood cell count.
- You have a headache or fits immediately after starting the treatment.
- You may experience damage to the retina.
- Krumex Suspension should not be used in children below 2 years of age.
Mode of Action of Krumex 10ml Syrup
How Does It Work?
Albendazole in Krumex Suspension works by inhibiting or blocking the utilisation of glucose by the worm thereby causing decreased ATP formation and depletion of the energy source in the worm.
Directions for Use of Krumex 10ml Syrup
- Take Krumex Suspension as instructed by your doctor.
- Shake the bottle well before use.
Interactions of Krumex 10ml Syrup
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to reduce stomach acidity (antacids) like Cimetidine.
- Medicines used to treat fits or seizures (anti-seizure) like Carbamazepine, Phenytoin, Phenobarbital.
- Medicines used to treat worm infections (Praziquantel).
- Medicines used to suppress the immune response (Dexamethasone).
- Medicines used to treat HIV/ AIDS (Ritonavir).
Interactions with food items
- Krumex Suspension should be taken with food.
- Grapefruit or grapefruit juice should be avoided as it may worsen the side effects of Albendazole.
Storage and disposal of Krumex 10ml Syrup
- Krumex Suspension should be kept in a dry place at a temperature below 30°C.
- Protect it from direct sunlight.
- Please keep it away from children.
Dosage of Krumex 10ml Syrup
- Symptoms of an overdose of Krumex Suspension include diarrheoa, vomiting, rapid heartbeats.
- If you think you had an overdose of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it is time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What else should I know before taking Krumex Suspension?
- Krumex Suspension should not be used in pregnancy or if you are planning a pregnancy.
- Women of childbearing age are advised to take this medicine during their first week of menstruation or after a negative pregnancy test.
- Women should also take measures not to have a positive pregnancy test until one month after stopping this medication.
Q: I suspect worm infections in my kid; can I start him on Krumex Suspension?
A: Krumex Suspension should be used only under medical supervision. It can cause some severe side effects and you are advised not to self-medicate.
Q: Is Krumex Suspension used to deworm?
A: Yes, Krumex Suspension is used to deworm, remove worms from the body. This medicine kills all the worms present in the stomach and intestine, provided you take it as advised by your doctor for the prescribed duration.
Q: Why Krumex Suspension should not be taken during pregnancy?
A: Krumex Suspension should not be taken during pregnancy because it can cause harm to the unborn child. The risks associated with the use of medicine during pregnancy weigh more than the benefits.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 25 Mar 2021 | 09:26 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved