Ketomar Eye Drops 5ml
By ALLERGAN INDIA PVT LTD
5ml Eye Drop in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ketomar Eye Drops 5ml Description
Ketomar eye drop is used to reduce inflammation of the eye after eye surgery. It contains a combination of ketorolac and gatifloxacin as its active ingredients. Ketomar eye drop is meant for ocular (
eye) use and should be used externally only. Do not ingest this medicine. Avoid touching the dropper with your hands or with your eye. This eye drop should not be used in children under 3 years of age. Use this medicine exactly as recommended by your doctor. Do not use this medicine on your own.
|You Save||₹33.13 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Ketorolac(0.4 %) + Gatifloxacin(0.3 %)|
|Side effects||Headache, eye irritation, eye pain, increase in tears|
|Therapy||OCCULAR ANALGESIC AND ANTIBIOTIC|
Check more medicines with composition as Ketorolac(0.4 %) + Gatifloxacin(0.3 %)
Uses of Ketomar Eye Drops 5ml
Ketomar eye drop is used for the reduction of eye inflammation after eye surgery.
Contraindications of Ketomar Eye Drops 5ml
- If you are allergic to ketorolac, gatifloxacin, or any other ingredient of Ketomar eye drop.
- If you are allergic to any other quinolones (ciprofloxacin, moxifloxacin) or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines (aspirin, ibuprofen). If you are not sure what these medicines are, please confirm with your doctor....
Side effects of Ketomar Eye Drops 5ml
- Eye irritation
- Eye pain
- Increase in tears
Precautions and Warnings of Ketomar Eye Drops 5ml
Can I take Ketomar eye drops during pregnancy?
There is limited information on the effect of Ketomar eye drops in pregnancy. This eye drop should be used in pregnancy only if recommended by your doctor after assessing the need and the risk.
Can I take Ketomar eye drops while breastfeeding?
No information is available if Ketomar eye drop passes into human breast milk. This eye drop may be used in breastfeeding women if recommended by the doctor.
Can I drive if I have used Ketomar eye drops?
Ketomar eye drops may cause blurring of vision which may alter your ability to drive. It is suggested that you do not drive until you can see clearly again.
Can I consume alcohol with Ketomar eye drops?
There is limited information available regarding the interaction of alcohol with Ketomar eye drops. Ask your doctor for advice on alcohol intake along with Ketomar eye drops.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop symptoms of an allergy-like itching, tearing, blurred vision, burning sensation, swollen eyelids after using this medicine.
- You observe bleeding of the eye or accumulation of blood in the eye.
Mode of Action of Ketomar Eye Drops 5ml
How Does It Work?
- Ketomar eye drop contains ketorolac and gatifloxacin as its active ingredients.
- Ketorolac is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicine that blocks the formation of a substance called cyclo-oxygenase in the body that is responsible for pain and inflammation.
- Gatifloxacin is an antibiotic that inhibits certain chemicals in the bacteria essential for bacterial growth and reproduction. The inhibition of these chemicals causes the death of the bacteria that cause infection....
Directions for Use of Ketomar Eye Drops 5ml
- Use this medicine exactly as instructed by your doctor.
- Follow the directions carefully and do not miss an application.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after applying.
- Close your eyes for 2 - 3 minutes and do not blink or squeeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes with the dropper. The dropper must be kept clean to avoid infections.
- Using a clean tissue or cloth, wipe any excess liquid from your face.
- Use the exact number of drops as recommended by your doctor.
- If you have been prescribed any other eye drops or eye ointments, keep an interval of at least 5 minutes between both the medicines.
Interactions of Ketomar Eye Drops 5ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Since Ketomar eye drops are to be used externally, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating many other health conditions....
Storage and disposal of Ketomar Eye Drops 5ml
- Store in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Ketomar Eye Drops 5ml
As Ketomar eye drops are meant for external application, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you have instilled an extra quantity of the eye drop than recommended, wipe out the excess medicine with a clean tissue or cotton....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed instilling a dose of Ketomar eye drop, instil it as soon as possible. Do not over-apply this medicine to compensate for the missed instillation.
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Ketomar eye drops if I wear contact lenses?
A: It is recommended to remove your contact lenses before using this medicine. Ask your doctor for further advice on the use of contact lenses along with Ketomar eye drops.
Q: I am using another medication for my other eye problem. Can I use Ketomar eye drops along with this other eye medication?
A: It is suggested that you inform your doctor about any other medicines, including non-prescription medicines that you are using. Your doctor will suggest whether you can use these eye drops along with your other eye medicines. If they cannot be used together, your doctor will suggest an alternative. However, do not use this medicine on your own without consulting your doctor first.
Q: Is Ketomar eye drops a steroid?
A: No, Ketomar eye drop is not a steroid. It is a combination of an antibiotic (gatifloxacin) and anti-inflammatory medicine (ketorolac).
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed