By LEEFORD HEALTHCARE LTD
75g Soap in Wrap
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ketofly soap contains ketoconazole as an active ingredient. It is a medicated antifungal soap. Ketoconazole works by inhibiting the synthesis of certain chemicals in fungi and thus inhibits their growth. Ketofly soap is a medicated soap, therefore, it should not be used for the regular purpose or in the absence of fungal infection. You should not share your soap with anyone as they can also pass from person to person through direct skin contact, clothes or contact with contaminated surfaces or objects.
Uses of Ketofly Soap
Ketofly soap is used for the treatment of fungal infections.
Contraindications of Ketofly Soap
If you have a known allergy to ketoconazole or any ingredient of this soap.
Side effects of Ketofly Soap
- Loss of hair
Precautions and Warnings of Ketofly Soap
Can I use the Ketofly soap during pregnancy?
There is limited information regarding the safety of the usage of the Ketofly soap on pregnant women. Hence, it should not be used until prescribed by the doctor.
Can I use the Ketofly soap while breastfeeding?
There is limited information regarding the safety of the usage of the Ketofly soap in lactating mothers. Hence, it is very important to consult the doctor before using this soap while breastfeeding. Avoid using it in areas near the breast in case it is prescribed.
Can I drive if I have used the Ketofly soap?
Ketofly soap is applied topically on skin and thus less likely to affect individuals driving ability.
Can I consume alcohol while using the Ketofly soap?
There is no known interaction known between alcohol and topical Ketoconazole.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience any skin allergies after the application of the Ketofly soap.
- You are using steroid-containing topical preparation (cream, powder, gel, etc).
- You have open wounds, cuts, burns or aberrations on your skin.
- This soap is not meant for use in children as their skin is sensitive and delicate.
- Avoid using it for a prolonged duration and if there is not an improvement in your condition.
Mode of Action of Ketofly Soap
How Does It Work?
The medicinal component of the Ketofly soap is ketoconazole. Ketoconazole is an antifungal medication and it works by inhibiting the formation of an important component of the fungal cell membrane. This affects the structure of the fungus resulting in the death of the fungus.
Directions for Use of Ketofly Soap
- Wet the affected area and apply generously.
- Gently work up a lather using a circular motion.
- Rinse with water and repeat if desired.
- Avoid getting the soap in the mouth, eyes and nose.
Interactions of Ketofly Soap
Interactions with other medicines
Ketofly soap is meant for topical application and thus, the interaction with other medicines taken orally is unlikely. However, it can interact with other medicines or products applied topically. Avoid concomitant application of other medicated products.
Storage and disposal of Ketofly Soap
- Store it at room temperature in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children or pets.
Dosage of Ketofly Soap
Excessive application of the Ketofly soap may result in a burning sensation, redness of the skin or swelling. If you experience any unusual symptoms after the application of this soap, contact your doctor.
Missed a Dose
Since this is a medicated soap, the missed application does not have much significance. Avoid missing application of this soap for best results and easy recovery from infection.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use the Ketofly soap on the face?
A: Yes, it can be used on the face. However, care should be taken that the soap does not go into the eyes, nose and mouth.
Q: Can I use the Ketofly soap on the scalp for my dandruff?
A: Yes, the Ketofly soap can be used to reduce the scaling, flaking and itching associated with dandruff.
Q: Can I use the Ketofly soap in the vaginal area?
A: No, the Ketofly soap should not be used in the vaginal area. The vaginal area is delicate and sensitive and soap can be harsh on that. Also, it is pH sensitive and this soap may alter it and affect the normal microbial flora.
Q: Can I use the Ketofly soap for ringworm infection?
A: Yes, the Ketofly soap can be used for ringworm infection on the body.
Q: Does the Ketofly soap contain steroids?
A: No, the Ketofly soap does not contain steroids. It contains Ketoconazole, an antifungal agent.
Q: How can we prevent fungal infections?
- Fungal infections can be prevented by practising good hygiene.
- Avoid sharing clothing, towels and undergarments.
- Wear clean and fresh clothes and avoid wearing tight-fitting clothes.
- After bathing or swimming, clean and dry the body using a fresh towel.
- Avoid walking barefoot in public places and wash your feet after removing shoes.
- Stay away from animals showing signs of fungal infection like loss of fur and itching.
- Keep your nails trimmed and make sure you use clean nail accessories.
- Before going for any foot treatment, please check if the instruments are sterilized.
- Ketoconazole Soap. [Internet]. 2021 [cited 14 July 2021]
- Nizoral 2% Shampoo - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 14 July 2021]
- Nizoral 2% Cream - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 14 July 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 21 Jul 2021 | 02:41 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved