Keftragard 375mg Injection 5ml
By IPCA LABORATORIES
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Keftragard 375mg Injection 5ml Description
Keftragard 375mg Inj 5ml contains a combination of Ceftriaxone and Sulbactam, a higher antibiotic.
|₹8.28 (14% on MRP)
|Ceftriaxone(250.0 Mg) + Sulbactam(125.0 Mg)
Check more medicines with composition as Ceftriaxone(250.0 Mg) + Sulbactam(125.0 Mg)
Uses of Keftragard 375mg Injection 5ml
- It is used for severe and serious infections like urinary tract infection, respiratory tract infections, septicaemia, brain infection and infections caused by bacteria that do not respond to other antibiotics...
Contraindications of Keftragard 375mg Injection 5ml
- If you are allergic to Ceftriaxone, Sulbactam or any of the ingredient of this medicine
- If you are allergic to Cephalosporins, Penicillins, Monobactams and Carbapenems
- Should not be given to premature babies
- If a newborn has jaundice or is on calcium injection treatment
- If a newborn is suffering from increased bilirubin (liver enzyme) in blood
Side effects of Keftragard 375mg Injection 5ml
- Loose stools
- Rash and severe skin allergies
- Itching and pain at the injection site
- Increased liver enzymes
- Decrease in white blood cells and red blood cells
- Increased number of eosinophils (Eosinophilia)
- Increased creatinine levels in blood
Precautions and Warnings of Keftragard 375mg Injection 5ml
Can I take Keftragard 375mg Inj 5ml during pregnancy?
- The effect of this medicine on the fetus is not known, it must be used if prescribed by your doctor
- Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, think you are pregnant or planning a baby
- Your doctor will give you this medicine after assessing the benefits over risks
Can I take Keftragard 375mg Inj 5ml while breastfeeding?
- This medicine passes in human milk in low amounts
- The baby should be monitored for antibiotic-related side effects like diarrhoea or fungal infection of mouth
- Your doctor will decide if this medicine should be discontinued when you are breastfeeding, only after assessing the benefit over risks
Can I drive if I have consumed Keftragard 375mg Inj 5ml?
You may feel dizzy after taking this injection. Therefore, be cautious or avoid driving after taking this injection.
Can I consume alcohol with Keftragard 375mg Inj 5ml?
No information is available on interactions of this medicine when taken with alcohol. However, alcohol may worsen the side effect like dizziness. It is advisable to avoid alcohol after getting injected.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of allergy after taking this antibiotic
- You have developed diarrhea after taking this medicine, immediately stop this medicine and inform your doctor
- You have serious liver and kidney disease
- You are suffering from gall bladder disease
- You are suffering from anaemia
- You are suffering from disease of bowel inflammation (Colitis)
Mode of Action of Keftragard 375mg Injection 5ml
How Does It Work?
- Keftragard 375mg Inj 5ml acts by killing the bacteria responsible for infections
- However, bacteria make an enzyme (beta-lactamases) which can destroy Ceftriaxone
- Sulbactam inactivates this enzyme and hence helps Ceftriaxone to function optimally
Directions for Use of Keftragard 375mg Injection 5ml
This medicine will be given in a hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection. Do not self inject this medicine.
Interactions of Keftragard 375mg Injection 5ml
Interactions with other medicines
There is no information available on the interaction of this combination with other drugs. However, as this medicine contains Sulbactam & Ceftriaxone, any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination This injection should never be given along with Ringer's or Hartmann's solution If you are taking warfarin, then there is increased risk of bleeding This injection should never be given through the IV line through which calcium-containing solutions are given...
Storage and disposal of Keftragard 375mg Injection 5ml
- Store this medicine below 25°C
- Protect it from light
- Keep it out of the reach of children
- Any unused portion should not be stored and should be discarded properly
Dosage of Keftragard 375mg Injection 5ml
- Your doctor or nurse will give this injection. Therefore it is less likely you shall receive more of this medicine
- However, if you experience any side effects after taking this injection, inform your doctor as soon as possible
Missed a Dose
You will be monitored by your doctor or nurse on when the injection should be given to you. It is unlikely that the dose will be missed. However, if you think your doctor or nurse might have missed a dose, inform them....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Any precautions do I need to take before taking Keftragard 375mg Inj 5ml?
A: You need to inform your doctor if you have any allergy to any other antibiotic or specific allergen.
Q: For how long do I need to take this medicine?
A: You are supposed to complete the prescribed duration of antibiotics by your doctor. Otherwise, there is a possibility of reoccurrence of the infection.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
Bubonic Plague Reported: Are We In Danger?
Bubonic plague, which became notorious during the 14th Century in Europe and swept through India from the 1890s to 1910s, is caused by bacteria called Yersinia pestis. Contrary to popular belief, this plague isn’t caused by rat bites. The cause of bubonic plague is the bite of infected fleas. These fleas live in the hairs
Cherry Tomatoes: Unveiling the Nutritional Benefits and Culinary Uses
Key Highlights: Introduction Cherry tomatoes are small and full of colour and flavour, they have gained popularity worldwide concerning culinary usage. They are said to be nutritious and provide potential health benefits. In this article, we will be discussing the history behind the use of cherry tomatoes, their potential benefits, the different varieties available, ,
Ashwagandha Benefits for Females: Enhancing Health with Research-Based Insights
Key Highlights: Introduction Ashwagandha goes by many names, including Withania somnifera or “Indian ginseng.” This is an adaptogenic herb with a rich history in Ayurvedic medicine spanning over 3,000 years. Its fame has grown in recent times due to the numerous health benefits it offers, especially for women’s health. In this article, we delve into
Butterfly Pea Flower: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Key Highlights: Introduction The butterfly pea flower is scientifically called Clitoria ternatea. Its blue colour is stunning. It promises potential health benefits. It can colour your mixed drinks. Even cosmetic enthusiasts find a use for it. It is said to contain a lot of antioxidants which are probably responsible for its vibrant colour. Studies also
Fenugreek for Hair Growth: Reviewed and Confirmed by Effective Studies
Key Highlights: Introduction Hair, being one of the essential aspects of an individual’s appearance, plays a significant role in boosting one’s self-esteem and confidence. Maintaining the health of our hair is crucial, but daily exposure to environmental stressors, unhealthy lifestyles, and genetic factors can often lead to various hair problems, including hair loss. There are
Can Ashwagandha Increase Height: An Evidence-Based Review
Key Highlights: Introduction Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) is an ancient medicinal herb that has been utilized in Ayurvedic medicine for centuries due to its numerous potential health benefits. One question that often arises is whether Ashwagandha can help increase height. In this article, we will explore the potential role of Ashwagandha in height growth, as well
Zinc Rich Fruits: A Comprehensive Nutritional Guide
Key Highlights: Introduction In this article, we’ll first understand why zinc is so vital. From there, we’ll learn about the best food sources of this key nutrient. Lastly, we will describe the potential benefits of zinc how to avoid deficiency. Importance of Zinc in Our Diet Zinc is said to be key for many
Fruits to Avoid During Cough and Cold: A Comprehensive Guide for Improved Recovery
Key Highlights: Introduction Illnesses like coughs and colds can take a toll on our bodies, and it’s crucial to maintain a proper diet during this time. Eating the right foods not only supports the body’s natural healing process but also helps strengthen our immune system, ensuring a faster and more efficient recovery. In this comprehensive
Flaxseed for Hair Growth: Unveiling Its Research-Based Potential Benefits
Key Highlights: Introduction Flaxseed, a popular natural remedy praised for its nutritional value, has recently gained attention for its potential benefits in promoting hair growth and overall hair health. Rich in omega-3 fatty acids, B vitamins, vitamin E, and protein, this small but mighty seed may be the key to unlocking luscious locks and a
PharmEasy Health Partner
Earn Extra Income – Become PharmEasy Health Partner. Why should you become PharmEasy Health Partner? Here are a few reasons to consider: This is the right thing to do if you have an entrepreneurial mind. Start your business with zero investment. Build your network of customers, place their orders, and start earning for every order
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.