Junior Lanzol 15mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
By CIPLA LIMITED
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
3 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Junior Lanzol 15 Tablet is used for relieving acidity and heartburn in conditions such as stomach and intestinal ulcers, acid reflux disease and Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome. Junior Lanzol 15 Tablet contains Lansoprazole, which belongs to a class of medicine called “Proton pump inhibitors”, medications used to reduce the amount of acid produced in the stomach. It works by blocking the micropumps in stomach cells which are responsible for acid production. Take this medicine 30 minutes before taking food. Use this medicine cautiously in patients with osteoporosis, diarrhoea, hypomagnesemia and liver problems. Diarrhoea, gas, headache, nausea are some common side effects this medicine, consult your doctor if these symptoms persist or worsen. Tell your doctor about all the medicines, herbs, supplements you take and diseases or conditions you suffer from or if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, before starting this medicine.
Uses of Junior Lanzol 15mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Junior Lanzol 15 Tablet is used in the treatment of heartburn and chest pain due to stomach acid reflux disease in which acidic content from the stomach comes up to food pipe and mouth.
- Treatment of ulcers of stomach, intestine and inflammation and erosion of food pipe due to stomach acid.
- Management of a condition of increased gastric acid production induced by a tumour of intestine or pancreas, also known as Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.
Contraindications of Junior Lanzol 15mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
If you are allergic to Lansoprazole or any other ingredients of Junior Lazol 15 Tablet
Side effects of Junior Lanzol 15mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Headache, Dizziness
- Nausea, vomiting
- Cough, runny nose
- Constipation, gas
- Stomach pain, diarrhoea
- Pain in the back, muscle or joint
- Swollen arms, hands and legs
- Allergic skin reactions
Precautions and Warnings of Junior Lanzol 15mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Can I take Junior Lanzol 15 Tablet during pregnancy?
- Junior Lanzol 15 tablet should be avoided during pregnancy as there is limited information available about its safety in human pregnancy, unless prescribed and considered safe by your doctor. Always talk to your doctor before using this medicine during pregnancy or if you are planning to have a baby.read less
Can I take Junior Lanzol 15 Tablet while breastfeeding?
- There is limited information available about the use of Junior Lanzol 15 tablet on breastmilk. Hence, it is not recommended to use this medicine while breastfeeding, unless considered safe and prescribed by your doctor. Inform your doctor if you are a nursing mother.read less
Can I drive if I have consumed Junior Lanzol 15 Tablet?
Junior Lanzol 15 tablet may produce sleepiness and sometimes dizziness or blurred vision. If you experience these symptoms after taking this medicine, avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Junior Lanzol 15 Tablet?
As the chances of drowsiness increases, you should avoid consuming alcohol with Junior Lanzol 15 tablets.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have stomach pain, indigestion and problems in swallowing
- You have a family history of stomach cancer
- You vomit food or blood or you are passing black stools
- You experience skin reaction after taking this tablet
- You are experiencing frequent diarrhoea
- You have liver or kidney function problems
- Long term treatment with this medicine may lead to a deficiency of vitamin B12 which can produce symptoms like pale skin, sore tongue, weakness, headache, disturbed vision and irritability. Your doctor may prescribe some vitamin supplements.read less
- Long term treatment of this medicine may also weaken your bones or may slightly increase the risk of fracture.
- This medicine may increase the chances of developing lupus (skin rashes, tiredness and painful joints).
- This medicine is prone to decrease the level of magnesium in the blood, (symptoms like fatigue, muscle cramps, fits, dizziness or increased heart rate). Your doctor may monitor your magnesium levels before prescribing for a longer time.read less
- In some patients with ulcers, the course of medicine may take 1 to 3 months. Do not stop the medicine on your own.
Mode of Action of Junior Lanzol 15mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- In a normal healthy individual, specific cells in the stomach get stimulated and release acid through micropumps in those cells after administration of food.
- In patients associated with the acidic disease, these cells release acid in higher quantities and for a longer period, which eventually generates ulcers and symptoms related to it.
- Junior Lanzol 15 tablet blocks the activity of these micropumps in the stomach walls known as Proton pumps thus acid release in the stomach decreases and this helps in the healing of ulcers and improves symptoms such as acidity and heartburn.read less
Directions for Use of Junior Lanzol 15mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Take Junior Lanzol 15 Tablet on an empty stomach, you should place it on your tongue and let it dissolve, with or without water. Do not break, cut or chew the medicine.
- Always take this medicine regularly and exactly as your doctor has told you.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Junior Lanzol 15mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Junior Lanzol 15 tablet should not be used concomitantly with medicines used to treat HIV infection like Atazanavir and Nelfinavir, as it may decrease the effectiveness of these medicines.
- This medicine should be used with caution in transplant patients receiving Mycophenolic acid.
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with anticoagulants like Warfarin can increase the risk of bleeding and ulcers.
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with Sucralfate (used to heal stomach ulcers) can alter its effects. Hence, Lansoprazole should be taken at least 30 minutes before Sucralfate.
- Other medicines like Tacrlimus (used to prevent organ transplantation), Theophylline (used in the treatment of asthma), Digoxin (used in heart problems), Rifampicin (used in the treatment of tuberculosis), Methotrexate and antifungals such as Ketoconazole or Itraconazole should be used cautiously, as it can alter the effects of the medicine.read less
Interactions with food items
Food decreases the effectiveness of this medicine, so always take Junior Lanzol 15 tablets at least 30 minutes before food.
Storage and disposal of Junior Lanzol 15mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Store this medicine in a cool and dry place. Keep it out of sight and reach of children and pets. You should not use this medicine once the expiry date has passed. You should not use this medicine if you notice that the pack is damaged or it shows signs of tampering. You need to properly discard this medicine when it is expired or no longer needed.
Dosage of Junior Lanzol 15mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
The symptoms of overdose with this medicine are the same as the side-effects in the body. So, if you have consumed a higher dose or think you may have taken too much of the medicine, do not panic and contact your doctor or visit the nearby hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you forget a dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember it. However, if it is nearly time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: In which conditions Junior Lanzol 15 tablet is used?
A: Junior Lanzol 15 tablet is used to relieve symptoms (heartburn, acidity, food backup) associated with hyper acidic conditions like the stomach and intestinal ulcers, medicine induced ulcers, acid-secreting tumours and painful indigestion.
Q: I am also taking medicines for fungal infections, can I take Junior Lanzol 15 tablets with it?
A: Junior Lanzol 15 tablet decreases the effectiveness of antifungal medicines like Itraconazole and Ketoconazole. So they should not be used concomitantly. You should contact your doctor for proper advice.
Q: I am having heart problem; can I take Junior Lanzol 15 medicine?
A: Always take this medicine after consulting your doctor. Junior Lanzol 15 tablet increases the level of Digoxin (used in heart problem) in the body, which increases the side effects of Digoxin.
Q: Can I take Junior Lanzol 15 medicine with milk or food?
A: Milk or food decreases the effectiveness of Junior Lanzol tablet. Therefore, never take it with food or milk. Take this medicine 30 minutes before having a meal or breakfast.
Q: I have diarrhoea after taking Junior Lanzol 15 tablet, what should I do?
A: Junior Lanzol 15 tablet increases the chances of diarrhoea due to infections. So consult your doctor immediately, he will decide whether to continue this medicine or stop it after clinical examination.
Q: Can we use Junior Lanzol 15 Tablet in elderly patients?
A: Junior Lanzol 15 Tablet may increase the chances of fractures of hip bone and spine. It also increases the chances of a liver problem. As the elderly population are prone to both these conditions always be cautious while using it in them.
Q: How to give Junior Lanzol 15 tablet?
A: Junior Lanzol 15 tablets should be taken on an empty stomach (30 minutes before a meal). You need to place it on your tongue and let it dissolve. Also, you can use it with or without water. You should not break, cut or chew the medicine. Always take it regularly and exactly as your doctor has told you.
Q: Can Junior Lanzol 15 tablet be used in children?
A: Children may use Junior Lanzol 15 medicine after proper consultation with your doctor. The dose and duration of the medicine must be strictly followed as per the advice.
Q: How long after taking Junior Lanzol tablet, can food be given?
A: You may consume your meals after 30 minutes of taking this tablet.
Q: What time of the day shall I take Junior Lanzol 15 tablet?
A: It is recommended to take Junior Lanzol 15 tablet at least 30 mins before the first meal or to take it on an empty stomach.
Q: Is it safe to use Junior Lanzol 15 tablet?
A: Junior Lanzol 15 tablet is safe if you take it according to the dose and duration advised by your doctor. If you stop taking this tablet once you start feeling good, the chance of recurrence of the symptom increases.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 03 Apr 2021 | 04:32 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved