Januvia 50mg Strip Of 7 Tablets
By MSD PHARMACEUTICALS INDIAN PRIVATE LTD
7 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Januvia 50mg tablet contains sitagliptin which is an oral antidiabetic medication used to lower the blood sugar levels in people suffering from type 2 diabetes. You may be given this medicine alone or
in combination with some other medicines for diabetes, depending upon your body's requirement. Take this medicine as prescribed and for the duration, it is prescribed for by your doctor. Do not miss any dose or take it more than that recommended by the doctor. This medicine is not recommended in patients below 18 years of age....
Uses of Januvia 50mg Strip Of 7 Tablets
Januvia 50mg tablet is used in adult patients to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus.
Contraindications of Januvia 50mg Strip Of 7 Tablets
If you are allergic to sitagliptin or any other ingredient of Januvia 50mg tablet.
Side effects of Januvia 50mg Strip Of 7 Tablets
- Muscle pain
- Low sugar levels
- Stomach ache
Precautions and Warnings of Januvia 50mg Strip Of 7 Tablets
Can I take Januvia 50mg tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information on the use of this medicine in pregnancy. Hence it is recommended not to use the same unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Januvia 50mg tablet while breastfeeding?
There is no information present if this medicine can pass through breast milk. Tell your doctor if you are breastfeeding when you are prescribed with Januvia 50mg tablet.
Can I drive if I have consumed Januvia 50mg tablet?
Januvia 50mg tablet has negligible effects on driving ability. However, you may experience symptoms such as dizziness and drowsiness sometimes, due to a reduction in blood glucose level. And this can affect your ability to drive. Keep chocolates or juice in the car while driving and eat/drink them if you experience hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar).
Can I consume alcohol with Januvia 50mg tablet?
You should avoid alcohol consumption when taking this medicine as alcohol can alter your blood glucose levels.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience abdominal pain for a long time.
- You suffer from serious kidney disease or any kind of existing health condition.
- You have disease-causing blisters on the skin (pemphigus).
- You have or had gall bladder stones.
- You have high levels of fat (triglycerides).
- You have a serious complication of diabetes (diabetic ketoacidosis).
- You have type 1 diabetes (childhood-onset diabetes), this medicine should not be taken in such cases.
Mode of Action of Januvia 50mg Strip Of 7 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Januvia 50mg tablet helps in lowering blood sugar levels by increasing the levels of insulin in your body. It also lowers the amount of sugar released in the blood by acting on certain hormones.
Directions for Use of Januvia 50mg Strip Of 7 Tablets
- Take Januvia 50mg tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water, with or without food.
- You should take this medicine regularly at the same time without fail as directed by your doctor.
- You should not consume it more than the prescribed medicine.
- Do not discontinue the medicine on your own.
Interactions of Januvia 50mg Strip Of 7 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Sometimes Januvia 50mg tablet may affect the way other medicines work and other medicines may affect how Januvia 50mg tablet works if taken at the same time.
- Discuss with your doctor any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible drug interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking any heart-related medicines or any other antidiabetic medicine such as insulin or glimepiride, as it may lead to a drop in blood sugar levels.
Storage and disposal of Januvia 50mg Strip Of 7 Tablets
- Store below 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Januvia 50mg Strip Of 7 Tablets
If you have taken too much of this medicine then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine then take it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose then skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What measures should I take to control my diabetes?
A: You should check your blood sugar levels regularly and consult your doctor. Take the medicines prescribed to you timely. Follow a low-fat, low-carbohydrate diet plan. Add more dietary fibres. Exercise and brisk walk should be added to your routine.
Q: How should I take Januvia 50mg tablet?
A: Januvia 50mg tablet should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. It is better to take your medicine at the same time every day. Do not stop the medicine all of a sudden without consulting your doctor.
Q: Can I take Januvia 50mg tablet during pregnancy?
A: You should not take this medicine on your own. Take this medicine only if prescribed by your doctor after assessing the benefits and risks as there is very little information available on the safety of this medicine in pregnant women.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 02 Aug 2021 | 06:46 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved