Istamet 50/1000mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Istamet 50/1000mg Strip Of 15 Tablets Description
Istamet Tablet is a combination medicine containing sitagliptin and metformin. It is used along with a healthy diet and regular exercise for the control of high blood sugar in patients having type 2
Diabetes mellitus. Treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus lowers the risk of heart disease, kidney disease, stroke, blindness and loss of limbs. Sitagliptin works by increasing insulin production by the body after a meal and decreasing sugar production by the body. Metformin works by restoring the natural response of the body to insulin and decreasing sugar production by the body. Nausea or vomiting, flatulence, loose motion or constipation, pain in the stomach are some of the side effects of Istamet.
|₹22.05 (14% on MRP)
|Sitagliptin(50.0 Mg) + Metformin Hydrochloride(1000.0 Mg)
Uses of Istamet 50/1000mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Contraindications of Istamet 50/1000mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- If you are allergic to sitagliptin, metformin or any other ingredients of Istamet Tablet.
- If you have severe kidney or liver disease.
- If your diabetes is not under control and you also have high blood sugar, nausea, vomiting, loose motions, rapid loss of weight, pain in the stomach, breathing difficulty, sleepiness etc.
- If you have dehydration or you have the presence of severe infection.
- If you have to go to do an x-ray or scan and dye is injected in your blood before doing the x-ray or scan.
- If you have a recent history of a heart attack.
- If you are a heavy alcohol drinker.
- If you are a lactating mother.
Side effects of Istamet 50/1000mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Metallic taste
- Loose motion
- Stomach pain
- Loss of appetite
Precautions and Warnings of Istamet 50/1000mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have skin blister after taking this medicine.
- You have a fever, vomiting, loose motion, heat exposure, less fluid intake.
- You have vomiting, pain in the stomach, breathing difficulty, tiredness, muscle cramps, decrease body temperature, decrease heartbeat after taking this medicine.
- You have low blood sugar after taking other anti-diabetic medicines along with this medicine.
- You have type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- You are undergoing any surgery.
- Your doctor tells you that you have increase triglyceride level in your blood and you have gall stones.
Mode of Action of Istamet 50/1000mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Istamet 50/1000mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Take this medicine with food as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not stop taking Istamet on your own, without informing your doctor.
Interactions of Istamet 50/1000mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Istamet Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking other antidiabetic medicines.
Storage and disposal of Istamet 50/1000mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Store this medicine at a temperature not above 30°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Istamet 50/1000mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Why Istamet Tablet need to be taken with food?
Q: Can I take crushed Istamet Tablet?
Q: Does Istamet Tablet cause low blood sugar?
Q: What precaution should I take if I have low blood sugar after taking Istamet Tablet with other anti-diabetic medicines?
- If you have low blood sugar after taking Istamet Tablet with other anti-diabetic medicines, you should eat sugar, honey, or candy, or drink fruit juice or non-diet soda to increase your blood sugar rapidly. ...
- Consult your doctor immediately if you have blurring of vision, sudden sweating, shaking, increased heartbeat, hunger, dizziness etc after taking this medicine or other anti-diabetic medicines.
Other Products from this Brand
- ISTAMET 50/500MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- ISTAMET D XR 1000MG STRIP OF 7 TABLETS
- ISTAMET XR 500MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- ISTAMET D XR 500MG STRIP OF 7 TABLETS
- ISTAMET G IR 50/1000/1MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- ISTAMET D IR 5/50/500MG STRIP OF 7 TABLETS
- ISTAMET G IR 50/1000/2MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- ISTAMET XR CP STRIP OF 7 TABLETS
- ISTAMET 50/1000MG STRIP OF 14 TABLETS