Isotroin 30mg Capsule
By CIPLA LIMITED
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
3 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Isotroin 30mg Cap is a form of vitamin A which is used to treat acne.
Uses of Isotroin 30mg Cap
- Isotroin 30mg Cap use is for: treatment of acne, especially nodulocystic acne, where all other antibiotics have failed to work
- treatment of skin cancer
Contraindications of Isotroin 30mg Cap
- Pregnant women or those who are planning pregnancy
- Breastfeeding mothers
- Females in reproductive age group and not on contraceptive medicines
- Children less than 12 years of age
- People with abnormal liver functions
- High levels of lipids (cholesterol, triglycerides) in blood
- Increased levels of vitamin A (hypervitaminosis A)
- People on a medication named Tetracycline which is a type of antibiotic
Side effects of Isotroin 30mg Cap
- Isotroin 30mg Cap side effects include: Chapped and parched lips
- Dry eyes, mouth, skin
- Dry nose that leads to bleeding
- Temporary acne worsening after the medicine
- Allergic reactions
- Bleeding or redness of gums
- Abnormal hair growth
- Kidney problems
- Bone pain
- Hearing problems, ringing in ears.
- Vision problems
- Psychological problems including suicidal tendencies
Precautions and Warnings of Isotroin 30mg Cap
Can I take Isotroin 30mg Cap during pregnancy?
This medicine should not be taken during pregnancy. This medicine can cause serious birth defects in the developing foetus. So it should be strictly avoided in females who are in reproductive age and are sexually active and are not taking any contraceptive precautions.
Can I take Isotroin 30mg Cap while breastfeeding?
This medicine is found to be harmful for the baby and since it can pass through mother's milk to the baby through breastfeeding, it should be strictly avoided.
Can I drive if I have consumed Isotroin 30mg Cap?
Always be very cautious while driving as this medicine has been known to cause night blindness. Also it may lead to dizziness and drowsiness.
Can I consume alcohol with Isotroin 30mg Cap?
Along with alcohol it can cause hazardous effects of increasing the heart rate. It can lead to nausea and vomiting. So one should not consume alcohol when taking this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
Avoid anything rich in vitamin A, as it can lead to hypervitaminosis A.
Mode of Action of Isotroin 30mg Cap
How Does It Work?
Isotroin 30mg Cap composition reduces the excessive oil secretion from the sebaceous (oil) glands and renews the skin by itself quickly.
Directions for Use of Isotroin 30mg Cap
Isotretinoin is to be taken as per the prescription of the doctor. It should be taken orally with the meals. Swallow the capsule full, without breaking or crushing it.
Interactions of Isotroin 30mg Cap
Interactions with other medicines
- Tetracycline has additive effects
- It can reduce the effect of only progesterone contraceptive pills
- It is better to avoid any other source of vitamin A which can lead to overdose
- This medicine's effect may be reduced due to anti-convulsion medicines
Interactions with food items
- As this medicine increases the heartburn if taken on an empty stomach, better to take it with meals for better absorption
- Avoid heavy, oily and junk food to avoid any side effects
Other general Interactions
- Do not use if you are pregnant. This medicine is known to cause serious birth defects in the fetus.
- It should not be taken while breastfeeding as it may pass to the baby and cause harm
- Alcohol should strictly be avoided with this medicine as it causes rapid heartbeats, nausea and vomiting
Storage and disposal of Isotroin 30mg Cap
Store at room temperature. Do not keep in place where there is too much of light, heat or moisture. Also make sure that it does not come in hands of pets or children.
Dosage of Isotroin 30mg Cap
- Loss of balance
- Breathing difficulties
- Facial flushing
- Stomach pain
- Report immediately if any of above symptoms are noticed.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for your next dose then skip the missed dose. Avoid taking an extra medicine to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Isotroin 30mg Cap be taken without any prescription?
A: No, this medicine should be taken only with prescription, even for the continuation also.
Q: I was taking isotretinoin and now I have conceived. What shall I do now?
A: Immediately stop taking the medicine. Report to the doctor and then decide about continuing the pregnancy as this medicine can have harmful effects on the unborn baby.
Q: How long does it take to see the results of Isotroin 30mg Cap?
A: The medicine takes a week or ten days to start working, and many of them experience a clear skin in maximum of four months.
Q: Can the medicine give permanent results?
A: The medicine is known for its long-term effects, and for some it may also give permanent results. But it also causes lots of side effects.
Q: Can the medicine be used for cancer?
A: Yes this medicine is also used for skin cancer treatments.
- Drugs and Lactation Database (LactMed) [Internet]. Isotretinoin. December 3, 2018.
- Package leaflet. Isotretinoin.
- American Academy of Dermatology. Isotretinoin: Treatment for severe acne.
- Layton A. The use of isotretinoin in acne. 2009.
- MedicineNet. Isotretinoin (Accutane, Claravis, Amnesteem, Absorica, Zenatane).
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 06:46 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved