Iotim 0.5% Eye Drops
By FDC LIMITED
5ml Eye Drop in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Iotim Eye drops contain Timolol as the active component. It is used for a condition known as "ocular hypertension" where the pressure within the eye is increased due to increased fluids. It is also us
ed in open-angle glaucoma. It should not be used in children below 2 years of age. Iotim Eye drops should are meant for external use only. Avoid the use of contact lenses while using these drops. Avoid touching the dropper with your eye. Inform your doctor if you have heart or respiratory conditions and are on other medications as well. You may experience eye irritation, burning sensation, dryness, blurred vision. If these symptoms do not resolve or worsen, consult with your doctor....
Uses of Iotim 0.5% Eye Drops
Iotim Eye drops are used to lower the intraocular (within the eye) pressure in patients with open-angle glaucoma or hypertension of the eye (ocular hypertension).
Contraindications of Iotim 0.5% Eye Drops
- If you are allergic to Timolol or any other component of Iotim Eye drops.
- If you have a history of respiratory diseases such as bronchial asthma or severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- If you have any heart disease or disorder, including heart failure.
- If you have severe kidney failure or disease.
Side effects of Iotim 0.5% Eye Drops
- Burning and stinging sensation
- Pain, discharge, irritation, blurred vision, redness of the eye
- Swelling and itching of the eyelid
- Altered taste sensation
Precautions and Warnings of Iotim 0.5% Eye Drops
Can I use Iotim Eye drops during pregnancy?
Iotim Eye drops should not be used during pregnancy, as they may cause harm to the unborn baby. Talk to your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant.
Can I use Iotim Eye drops while breastfeeding?
The components of Iotim Eye drops may pass into the breastmilk and cause harm to the newborn baby. The use of Iotim Eye drops is not recommended during breastfeeding. Talk To your doctor if you are a nursing mother.
Can I drive if I have used Iotim Eye drops?
Iotim Eye drops may cause blurring of vision, which may alter the ability to drive. Hence, avoid driving until all these symptoms are resolved.
Can I consume alcohol with Iotim Eye drops?
It is recommended to avoid or limit the consumption of alcohol with Iotim Eye drops, as it may increase the side effects. Talk to your doctor if you consume it too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience an allergic reaction.
- You have heart, respiratory, diabetes and liver disease or condition.
- You have or had a kidney stone.
- You are on any other medications.
- You have diabetes and/or hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid gland).
- You experience loss of vision, dryness of the eye.
- You have a planned surgery.
- You wear contact lenses.
- Iotim Eye drops should not be used in children below 2 years of age.
Mode of Action of Iotim 0.5% Eye Drops
How Does It Work?
- Iotim Eye drops contains Timolol. It acts by decreasing the aqueous humour production, lowering the build fluid pressure within your eye.
Directions for Use of Iotim 0.5% Eye Drops
- Use Iotim Eye drops as instructed by your doctor.
- Follow directions carefully & do not miss an application.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after applying.
- Close your eyes for 2-3 minutes and do not blink or squeeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes with the dropper. Keep the dropper clean.
- Wipe any excess liquid from your face with a tissue.
- Use the exact number of drops recommended.
Interactions of Iotim 0.5% Eye Drops
Interactions with other medicines
- Effect of Iotim Eye drops may be increased with medicine use to heart condition such as diltiazem, verapamil, quinidine, propranolol, atenolol, amiodarone, digitalis, guanethidine.
- Concomitant use of Iotim Eye drops with medicine used to increase heart rate such as adrenaline may cause dilation of the pupil (mydriasis).
- Since Iotim Eye drops is to be used externally, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions.
Storage and disposal of Iotim 0.5% Eye Drops
- Store at a temperature not exceeding 15°- 25°C.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
- Discard the solution if it changes colour, turns cloudy or if contains particles.
Dosage of Iotim 0.5% Eye Drops
- As Iotim Eye drops is meant for external application, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
- Excess of Iotim Eye drops may cause dizziness, headache, shortness of breath, decrease heart rate, fatigue, eye irritation or electrolyte imbalance.
- If you have applied extra quantities of it, wipe out the excess of the medicine with tissue or cotton.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed instilling Iotim Eye drops, instil it as soon as possible. Do not over-instil this medicine to compensate for the missed application.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long can I use Iotim Eye drops?
A: You should use Iotim Eye drops for the duration advised by your doctor. Once you open the bottle make sure you use it within 4 weeks of opening.
Q: Can Iotim Eye drops lower the blood pressure?
A: No, Iotim Eye drops do not significantly lower systemic blood pressure. It lowers the pressure in the eye (ocular pressure).
Q: Will Iotim Eye drops cause blurry vision?
A: Yes, Iotim Eye drops may cause blurry vision for some time or short duration. If these conditions worsen, connect with your doctor. Avoid performing any activities requiring consciousness.
Q: Can I stop taking Iotim Eye drops when I feel better?
A: No, do not stop taking Iotim Eye drops. Your symptoms may improve before the condition being cured completely. You should complete the full course of treatment, else the condition might worsen later. Always consult your doctor before stopping any medicine.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 07 Apr 2021 | 08:26 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved