Inderal La 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
By ABBOTT INDIA LTD
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Inderal LA 20 tablet is used to treat heart-related conditions such as high blood pressure, irregular heartbeats, chest pain due to heart condition, heart attack and other conditions. It contains propranolol as its active ingredient. It works by relaxing the blood vessels, which slows down the pulse, thereby improving the blood flow and decreasing the blood pressure. It should be taken in the correct dose and for the exact duration, it is prescribed based on your blood pressure and a heart condition. You can take this medicine with or without food, but it is better to take it at the same time daily. Do not stop taking this medicine, without informing your doctor. Sudden stopping of Inderal La 20 may further worsen your health and lead to a hypertensive crisis. It can increase the risk of heart attack, stroke and cause harm to other organs as well....
|You Save||₹10.98 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||High blood pressure, heart related disease|
|Side effects||Fatigue, sleep disturbances or nightmares|
Check more medicines with composition as Propranolol(20.0 Mg)
Uses of Inderal La 20 MG
- Inderal LA 20 tablet is used for the treatment of high blood pressure, irregular heart rhythm, Pheochromocytoma (a rare tumour of the adrenal gland situated above kidneys) and Hypertrophic Subaortic Stenosis (a disorder of heart muscle)....
- It is also used for the prevention of angina attacks (chest pain due to heart condition), myocardial infarction (heart attack), tremors and migraines.
Contraindications of Inderal La 20 MG
- If you are allergic to propranolol or any other constituents of Inderal LA 20 tablet.
- If you have asthma, lung or airway disorders.
- If you have low blood pressure, untreated/uncontrolled heart failure, blockage in the heart, slow heartbeats (bradycardia) or any other heart problems.
- If you have diabetes.
- If you have blood circulation issues and electrolyte imbalance.
- If you have an untreated tumour of the adrenal gland or a condition of Prinzmetal's angina.
- Do not take this medicine after prolonged fasting.
Side effects of Inderal La 20 MG
- Sleep disturbances or nightmares
- Cold hands and feet
Precautions and Warnings of Inderal La 20 MG
Can I take Inderal LA 20 tablet during pregnancy?
You should consult your doctor before using Inderal LA 20 tablet during pregnancy as there is limited safety information available. Your doctor will only prescribe you this medicine if considered essential after assessing the benefits and its need.
Can I take Inderal LA 20 tablet while breastfeeding?
Inderal LA 20 tablet should be used while breastfeeding, only if prescribed by the doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Inderal LA 20 tablet?
You may experience dizziness and fatigue after taking Inderal LA 20 tablet. Thus, if you experience any of these, you should avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Inderal LA 20 tablets?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while taking Inderal LA 20 tablet. Talk to your doctor if you consume it often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any problems with your heart.
- You have kidney or liver-related diseases.
- You have diabetes, thyroid, muscle weakness.
- You have blood circulation problems.
- You have a rare tumour - phaeochromocytoma.
- You have a history of allergic reactions.
- You have cold sensations in your fingers and toes.
- You have skin conditions like itchy, dry patches on the skin.
- You smoke and drink alcohol very often.
- You are above 65 years.
Mode of Action of Inderal La 20 MG
How Does It Work?
Propranolol in Inderal LA 20 tablet works by blocking certain chemicals in the body that affect the heart and blood vessels, thus reducing the blood pressure, heart rate and makes it easier for your heart to pump blood around your body....
Directions for Use of Inderal La 20 MG
Inderal LA 20 tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It should be taken on an empty stomach. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Inderal La 20 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Inderal LA 20 tablet may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Concomitant use of this medicine with medicines to treat irregular heartbeat and adrenaline (Epinephrine) may cause high blood pressure or slow heartbeats. Therefore, it should be avoided.
- Antimigraine medicines such as Ergotamine and Rizatriptan should be taken with a gap of a minimum of 2 hours with Inderal LA 20 tablets.
- Concomitant use of Propranolol with medicines to treat heart diseases like Verapamil, Diltiazem and Nifedipine should be avoided as it may lead to abnormal heart rhythm, low blood pressure, slow heartbeats and heart failure....
- Concomitant use of Propranolol with anaesthetics may cause fast heartbeats and may also increase the risk of high blood pressure and thus should be used with caution.
- This medicine, if taken along with other antihypertensive medicines can lead to a sudden drop in blood pressure.
- Concomitant use of anti-inflammatory medicines like Indomethacin and Ibuprofen may decrease the effect of Propranolol.
- Concomitant use along with medicines used to treat brain-related disorders like Fluvoxamine and Imipramine may cause slow heartbeats.
- Other medicines like Lidocaine, Warfarin, Phenobarbital, Mephobarbital, Chlorpromazine, Cimetidine, Hydralazine, Imipramine, Rifampicin, Theophylline, Insulin and Digoxin used to treat heart failure should be used cautiously along with Inderal LA 20 tablet....
- Do not smoke or consume tobacco as it may cause an increase in heart rate and may impair blood pressure control.
Storage and disposal of Inderal La 20 MG
- Store Inderal LA 20 tablets below 25°C in a clean and dry place.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Inderal La 20 MG
Symptoms of an overdose are slow heartbeats, low blood pressure, fits, heart diseases, difficulty in breathing, drowsiness, dilated pupils, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, confusion, hallucinations, body pain, fainting or coma. If you experience any of these symptoms or think you have taken an excessive dose of Inderal LA 20 tablet, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you miss any dose of Inderal LA 20 tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of this tablet to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Inderal LA 20 tablet on my own?
A: No, you should not stop taking this medicine without consulting your doctor. Your doctor may gradually reduce the dose over weeks before stopping it.
Q: What are the complications if my high blood pressure is not under control?
A: Uncontrolled high blood pressure is known to cause serious complications in several body parts. It can cause heart failure, kidney damage, bleeding in the brain and eyes.
Q: Are Inderal LA 20 tablet and propranolol the same?
A: Inderal LA 20 tablet is the brand name of a medicine that contains propranolol as the main constituent.
Q: How does Inderal LA 20 tablet work for migraines?
A: Migraine could be due to various reasons and one of them is the change in the blood flow to the brain. Inderal is known to relax the blood vessels by blocking certain receptors. Hence, it improves blood flow.
Q: Does Inderal LA tablet cause weight gain?
A: No, weight gain is not a common side effect of Inderal LA 20 tablet. However, you should talk to your doctor regarding concerns.
Q: What time of day should I take Inderal LA?
A: You should take Inderal LA exactly as told by the doctor. However, the doctor may advise you to take this medicine before bedtime, because it can cause dizziness sometimes.
Q: What is Inderal LA prescribed for?
A: Inderal LA is used for the treatment of hypertension, and hypertrophic subaortic stenosis (an abnormal thickening of heart muscle). It is also used to prevent angina attacks (chest pain due to heart condition), myocardial infarction (heart attack), tremors and migraines.
Q: What are the side effects of Inderal La 20?
A: Fatigue, sleep disturbances, cold hands and feet and nausea are few side effects of Inderal La 20. However, these symptoms are usually mild and resolve on their own. Also, side effects often improve as your body gets used to the medicine.
Q: What is the dosage of Inderal La 20?
A: The dose and frequency of Inderal La 20 vary among individuals depending on the condition it is being taken for. You should not consume more than the recommended daily dose by the doctor.
- Propranolol 10mg Tablets BP - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 9 May 2022]
- Propranolol 10mg Tablets BP - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 9 May 2022]
- CDSCO - Propranolol [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 9 May 2022]
- Lactmed - Propranolol [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 9 May 2022]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.