By INVISION MEDI SCIENCES PVT LTD
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Incetam 200 MG Description
Incetam Injection is used to treat memory loss and a lack of concentration, learning, attention, and awareness in the elderly. It contains the active substance piracetam which works by improving the
ability of the brain to store and recall information. Incetam Injection will be given to you by a doctor or nurse.
|You Save||₹7.65 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, nervousness, increase in body weight, agitation|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR ALZHEIMER DISEASE|
Check more medicines with composition as Piracetam(200.0 Mg)
Uses of Incetam 200 MG
- Incetam Injection is used for the treatment of loss of memory, lack of concentration and alertness, mood changes, and changes in behaviour in the elderly.
- In children, it is used to treat learning difficulties associated with the written word, particularly understanding of the text.
Contraindications of Incetam 200 MG
- If you are allergic to piracetam or any other ingredient of Incetam Injection.
- If you are allergic to any pyrrolidone derivatives (levetiracetam, doxapram). If you are unsure about what these medicines are, please confirm with your doctor.
- If you have or had a brain haemorrhage.
- If you have kidney failure or any other severe kidney disease.
- If you have any disease that affects the brain nerves (Huntington's disease).
Side effects of Incetam 200 MG
- Increase in body weight
Precautions and Warnings of Incetam 200 MG
Can I take Incetam Injection during pregnancy?
There is limited information on the use of Incetam Injection during pregnancy. This injection should not be used in pregnant women unless recommended by the doctor after assessing the need and the risk.
Can I take Incetam Injection while breastfeeding?
Incetam Injection passes into the human breast milk. This injection should not be used in women who are breastfeeding unless recommended by the doctor.
Can I drive if I have taken Incetam Injection?
Incetam Injection may cause nervousness and agitation. If you experience any such symptoms which may interfere with your driving ability, it is suggested that you do not drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Incetam Injection?
There is limited information on the interaction of alcohol with Incetam Injection. Please discuss with your doctor regarding the consumption of alcohol with this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney disease.
- You have bleeding disorders like a damaged blood vessel, stomach or intestinal ulcer, disorder of bleeding stoppage, or history of a broken blood vessel in the brain that causes bleeding.
- You recently have or are planning to undergo surgery including dental surgery.
- You are using blood thinners (warfarin, acenocoumarol) or platelet anti-aggregates (low dose aspirin).
Mode of Action of Incetam 200 MG
How Does It Work?
Incetam Injection improves the ability of the brain to process, recall, and store information. It improves the working of a part of the brain that is involved in language and communication, movement, memory, and emotion. It protects and also increases blood circulation in the brain....
Directions for Use of Incetam 200 MG
- Incetam Injection will be given to you by your doctor or nurse.
- Do not self-inject this medicine.
Interactions of Incetam 200 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Incetam Injection works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- The use of Incetam Injection along with thyroid extract (T3 + T4) may cause confusion, irritability, and sleep disorders and should be carefully considered.
- Care should be taken if you are taking medicines like blood thinners (acenocoumarol), anti-epileptic medicines (carbamazepine, phenytoin).
Storage and disposal of Incetam 200 MG
- Store in a cool and dry place at room temperature (15 - 25°C) away from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Incetam 200 MG
This injection will be given to you by a doctor or nurse, and thus, the chances of an overdose are unlikely.
Missed a Dose
It is unlikely that a dose of the injection will be missed if you are monitored in a healthcare setup. However, if you have missed taking a dose of the injection, inform the doctor or nurse immediately....
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How does Incetam Injection work in the brain?
A: Incetam Injection improves the ability of the brain to process, recall, and store information. It helps a part of the brain that is involved in language and communication, movement, memory, and emotion to function better. It protects and also increases blood circulation in the brain.
Q: Who can use Incetam Injection?
A: Incetam Injection can be used in the elderly who are suffering from memory loss, lack of concentration and alertness, and changes in mood and behaviour. This injection can also be used in children who have difficulties understanding the written word, particularly textual understanding. If you are diagnosed with any of these conditions, your doctor might recommend this medicine if it is suitable for you. You should never take this injection on your own without consulting your doctor first.
Q: Can I use Incetam Injection along with my other medications?
A: Your doctor will recommend whether you can take Incetam Injection if you are taking or have recently taken other medicines. Please inform your doctor about any other medicines, including nonprescription medicines, herbals, and supplements that you are taking.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed