Incef Cv 325mg Tablets
Price to be Updated
Incef Cv 325mg Tablets Description
Incef Cv 325mg Tablets is an antibiotic medicine containing a combination of cefixime and clavulanic acid as its active ingredient. It is used for the treatment of severe bacterial infections. Take
this medicine as directed by the doctor at the prescribed dose and for the prescribed duration. Consult with your doctor about all your medical conditions before taking this medicine.
Uses of Incef Cv 325mg Tablets
Contraindications of Incef Cv 325mg Tablets
- If you have an allergy to cefixime, clavulanic acid or any of the ingredient of Incef Cv 325mg Tablets .
- If you are allergic to the Cephalosporin class of antibiotics.
Side effects of Incef Cv 325mg Tablets
- Frequent or loose stool
- Stomach pain
- Stomach upset
- Skin rashes
- Mouth ulcers
Precautions and Warnings of Incef Cv 325mg Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You develop any allergic reaction after taking Incef Cv 325mg Tablets
- You have a history of allergy to penicillins, cephalosporins.
- You have a history of infection and swelling in the colon (colitis).
- You have a history of haemolytic anaemia (decreased red blood cells).
- You have a blood clotting problem or you are taking any anticoagulant medicine.
- You experience persistent diarrhoea.
- You are suffering from kidney problems.
Mode of Action of Incef Cv 325mg Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Cefixime controls the growth of bacteria and kills them by inhibiting the synthesis of the bacterial cell wall.
- However, the bacteria can make an enzyme (beta-lactamases) that can destroy Cefixime.
- Clavulanic acid inactivates this enzyme. This helps Cefixime to function optimally.
Directions for Use of Incef Cv 325mg Tablets
Interactions of Incef Cv 325mg Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Incef Cv 325mg Tablets works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- This medicine can increase the levels of carbamazepine (a medicine used for controlling fits or nerve pain), thus monitoring is required.
- If you are taking blood thinners like warfarin, there may be an increased risk of bleeding.
- If you are taking birth control pills like oral contraceptives (O.C pills), caution is needed as this medicine interferes with their action.
Storage and disposal of Incef Cv 325mg Tablets
- Store Incef Cv 325mg Tablets below 25°C.
- Keep it in original packing to protect it from moisture.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Incef Cv 325mg Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take Incef Cv 325mg Tablets ?
Q: I have a fever and cold, can I take Incef Cv 325mg Tablets ?
Q: Does Incef Cv 325mg Tablets cause drowsiness?
Q: Is Incef Cv 325mg Tablets an antibiotic?
- OMNIX CV Tablets (Cefixime + Clavulanic acid ) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 22 June 2022]
- Cefixime and Clavulanic Acid Formulations, Tablets, Syrup, Suspension - Leading Contract Manufacturers of Cefixime and Clavulanic Acid Products from India [Internet]. Clavproducts.com. 2021 [cited 22 June 2022]