Icupen 500mg Injection
Icupen 500 MG Description
Icupen Powder For Injection is an antibiotic medicine that is used to treat severe bacterial infections of the stomach, urinary tract and swelling of the kidney due to a bacterial infection. It conta
ns doripenem as its active ingredient that belongs to carbapenem class of antibiotics. Icupen Powder For Injection is not to be used in viral infections like flu, cold, etc. It will be given to you in a hospital or clinic by a doctor or nurse as an injection. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history, before starting this medicine.
Uses of Icupen 500 MG
- Complicated stomach infections
- Complicated urinary tract infections, including pyelonephritis (a condition swelling of the kidney due to a bacterial infection)
Contraindications of Icupen 500 MG
- If you are allergic to doripenem or any of the other ingredients of Icupen Powder For Injection.
- If you are allergic to any other antibiotics belonging to the penicillin or cephalosporin class of antibiotics (called beta-lactams).
Side effects of Icupen 500 MG
- Inflammation or swelling of a vein
Precautions and Warnings of Icupen 500 MG
Mode of Action of Icupen 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Icupen 500 MG
- Icupen Powder For Injection will be given in the hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection.
- Do not self-inject this medicine.
Interactions of Icupen 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affect the way Icupen Powder For Injection works or Icupen itself reduces the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor about medicines, supplements or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interactions.
- Especially if you are taking any brain-related medicines such as valproic acid and anti-gout medicines like probenecid.
Storage and disposal of Icupen 500 MG
- Store at a cool and dark place.
- Discard the solution if not clear.
- Do not freeze. Keep it away from children.