Hifen Dt 200mg Tablet
By HETERO HEALTHCARE LIMITED
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Hifen 200 DT is used to treat bacterial infections of the ear, nose, throat, chest, lungs and urinary tract. Hifen 200 DT is an antibiotic containing Cefixime. This medicine belongs to the Cephalospor
in class. Cefixime acts by inhibiting the growth of bacteria, thus further leading to their death. Take this medicine as advised by your doctor, preferably with food. Disperse Hifen-200 DT in a glass of water and have it immediately. Do not stop taking this medicine suddenly, as it may result in treatment failure and increase the chances of re-infection. The most common side effects of this medicine are diarrhoea, nausea and vomiting. If these side effects worsen or persist reach out to your doctor or visit a nearby hospital or clinic....
Uses of Hifen Dt 200mg Tablet
Hifen 200 DT is used to treat bacterial infections of the ear, nose, urinary tract, throat, chest and lungs.
Contraindications of Hifen Dt 200mg Tablet
If you are allergic to Cefixime or any other Cephalosporin antibiotics including Penicillin or any other ingredients of Hifen 200 DT.
Side effects of Hifen Dt 200mg Tablet
- Severe diarrhoea
- Watery diarrhoea with fever and weakness (Pseudomembranous colitis)
- Stomach pain
- Itching or skin rash
- Vaginal discharge
Precautions and Warnings of Hifen Dt 200mg Tablet
Can I take the Hifen 200 DT during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effect of Hifen 200 DT during pregnancy. Thus, it should be used only if prescribed by the doctor after assessing the benefits and needs.
Can I take the Hifen 200 DT while breastfeeding?
- There is limited information about the effect of Hifen 200 DT on breastfeeding.
- It is advised to discontinue nursing temporarily if you are treated with this medicine.
- If you are taking this medicine while breastfeeding, please watch for diarrhoea in your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Hifen 200 DT?
Hifen 200 DT can cause confusion, altered consciousness, feeling less alert, fits, if you experience any of these, don’t drive or use machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Hifen 200 DT?
Alcohol should be avoided along with Hifen 200 DT as it can worsen the side effects such as sweating, headache, increased heartbeats, redness of the skin.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney disease or kidney failure.
- You have severe skin adverse reactions.
- You had or have encephalopathy characterised by fits, confusion, altered consciousness, feeling less alert.
- You have a blood disorder known as haemolytic anaemia (the breakdown of red blood cells).
Mode of Action of Hifen Dt 200mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Cefixime in Hifen 200 DT works by stopping the growth of bacterial cell wall which eventually leads to the death of the bacteria.
Directions for Use of Hifen Dt 200mg Tablet
Take Hifen 200 DT as advised by your doctor. Disperse the tablet in a small quantity of water and consume it immediately. Do not take more than the prescribed dose. Take this medicine preferably after
Interactions of Hifen Dt 200mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Hifen 200 DT when used concomitantly with a blood thinner such as warfarin may enhance the effects of anti-clot medicine, thus the prolonged clotting time and can cause bleeding.
- Alcohol or medicines containing alcohol as a component along with cefixime or other cephalosporins can cause adverse effects like sweating, headache, increased heartbeats, redness of the skin.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Hifen Dt 200mg Tablet
- Store Hifen 200 DT at or below 25°C.
- Protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Hifen Dt 200mg Tablet
If you have taken too much of Hifen 200 DT, seek medical care immediately, as this medicine may damage your brain (Encephalopathy).
Missed a Dose
It is advisable to complete the course of antibiotics and do not miss any doses. If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it is the time for your next d
ose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of the medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking the Hifen 200 DT?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform your doctor if you have liver or kidney diseases.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby.
Q: I was given Hifen 200 DT for a urinary tract infection, after taking it for two days I am feeling perfectly fine, can I discontinue taking this medicine?
A: No, Hifen 200 DT is an antibiotic and antibiotics have to be taken for the complete course as prescribed by your doctor. Though you will be feeling better, some bacteria will still be alive in your system, this can lead to these bacteria becoming resistant to antibiotics. To ensure complete and effective treatment, take medicine for the full course even if you start feeling fine midway.
Q: I have a fever and cold, can I take Hifen-200 DT?
A: No, Hifen 200 DT is a higher antibiotic and reserved for severe infections. This medicine should be taken only if your doctor considers it essential for you. Also, this medicine is not meant for viral infections.
Q: How to take Hifen 200 DT?
A: Take Hifen 200 DT and disperse it or put it in a small quantity of water, stir the solution well and consume it immediately. Do not store the solution for a long time. Take this medicine with meals to avoid an upset stomach.
Q: Can the use of Hifen 200 DT cause diarrhoea?
- Yes, the use of Hifen-200 DT can cause diarrhoea along with the desired effect, but not everyone gets them.
- It is an antibiotic that kills both good and bad bacteria, when good bacteria present in the intestine gets killed it can cause diarrhoea. If you are experiencing severe diarrhoea, talk to your doctorabout it....Read more
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 18 Mar 2021 | 05:37 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% Off + 20% cashback on 1st medicine order + Flat Rs.100 off on min spend of Rs 749 on select styles on Myntra.
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved