Hexigel 1% Gel 15gm
By ICPA HEALTH PRODUCTS LTD
15g Gel in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Hexigel is used to treat oral or dental problems such as oral fungal infections, inflammation in the gums, and mouth ulcers. It is used to maintain oral hygiene. It acts by preventing the growth of in
fection-causing organisms. The gel is meant for external use only. Use this gel as advised by your dentist or doctor. Do not swallow this gel....
Uses of Hexigel 1% Gel 15gm
- Oral fungal infections
- Gingivitis (inflammation of gums)
- Mouth ulcers
- Oral hygeine
Contraindications of Hexigel 1% Gel 15gm
If you are allergic to chlorhexidine or any of the components present in the gel.
Side effects of Hexigel 1% Gel 15gm
- Coated tongue
- Dry mouth
- Loss of sense of taste (Ageusia)
- Burning and pain of tongue (Glossodynia)
- Tingling sensation of tongue
Precautions and Warnings of Hexigel 1% Gel 15gm
Can I take Hexigel during pregnancy?
Consult your doctor before using this gel during pregnancy.
Can I take Hexigel while breastfeeding?
It is advised to consult with your doctor or physician before taking this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Hexigel?
Since Hexigel is to be used externally, it is unlikely to affect ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Hexigel?
It is advised to consult with your doctor or physician if you consume alcohol often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience soreness, swelling or irritation of the mouth, rash, itching, swelling, any breathing difficulty should seek medical attention immediately.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
- You may experience brown staining or discolouration of teeth or tongue. It can be removed by brushing or polishing.
Mode of Action of Hexigel 1% Gel 15gm
How Does It Work?
Chlorhexidine acts by inhibiting and killing the harmful infection-causing organisms responsible for the oral infection and helps ulcers to heal faster.
Directions for Use of Hexigel 1% Gel 15gm
- For oral hygiene, plaque inhibition and gingivitis: Brush your teeth with the gel as advised by your doctor.
- For management of oral ulcers: Apply the gel to affected areas as advised by your doctor.
Interactions of Hexigel 1% Gel 15gm
Interactions with other medicines
Since this gel is to be used externally within the mouth it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, you should always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treati
ng other health conditions....
Interactions with food items
Avoid taking any food or drinking supplement after applying the gel and wait for atleast 30 to 60 minutes.
Storage and disposal of Hexigel 1% Gel 15gm
- Keep this medicine away from the reach of children.
- Do not store it above 30°C. Protect it from light. Do not freeze.
- Do not throw the medication via household waste of wastewater. Ask your pharmacist about the proper disposal of medicines no longer required.
Dosage of Hexigel 1% Gel 15gm
As this medicine is meant for external application cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you have applied
extra quantities of it wipe out the excess of the medicine with tissue or cotton....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed to apply this medicine, apply it as soon as possible. Do not over apply this medicine just to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can i use Hexigel during the time of my dental treatment?
A: You should consult your doctor before using Hexigel. However, you should avoid using it simultaneously.
Q: Why is Hexigel used for?
A: Hexigel is used to treat mouth infections such as oral fungal infections, inflammation in the gums (gingivitis) and mouth ulcers. It is also used for maintaining oral hygiene.
Q: Can I smoke or drink alcohol while i am on this medication?
A: It is advised to consult with your doctor or physician if you often drink or smoke.
- Corsodyl 1% w/w Dental Gel - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 29 September 2021]
- Hexigel - Chlorhexidine Gluconate Gel (1.0%) for Mouth Ulcers [Internet]. ICPA Health Products Ltd. 2021 [cited 29 September 2021]
- Corsodyl 1% w/w Dental Gel - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 29 September 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 30 Sep 2021 | 11:37 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved