Hepashield Paed Injection 5ml
Price to be Updated
injection is an immunisation agent. It is used to prevent hepatitis B infection in people who are at high risk of being exposed to the virus. is given by a healthcare professional and should not be given by the patient. You must obtain all of the doses for the vaccination to be effective. It is typically considered safe and well-tolerated. However, in some people, it may produce lethargy and injection site responses such as redness, swelling, or pain. Inform your doctor if such responses disturb you.
Uses of HEPASHIELD PAED INJECTION 5ML
Contraindications of HEPASHIELD PAED INJECTION 5ML
- If you are allergic to injection or any of the other ingredients of this vaccine
- If you have a high temperature (fever)
Side effects of HEPASHIELD PAED INJECTION 5ML
- Pain and redness at the injection site
Precautions and Warnings of HEPASHIELD PAED INJECTION 5ML
Other General Warnings
- You are on dialysis for a kidney problem or have an illness which may affect your immune system.
- Particularly in adolescents, syncope (fainting) can happen after or even before receiving any immunisation as a psychogenic reaction to the needle injection.
- During recuperation, this may be followed by a number of neurological symptoms, including transitory visual disturbance, paraesthesia, and tonic-clonic limb movements.
- It is crucial that precautions are taken to prevent harm from faints.
Directions for Use of HEPASHIELD PAED INJECTION 5ML
- injection will be given by a doctor or nurse in a hospital/clinic.
- Do not self-inject, follow any aftercare instructions given by the doctor/nurse.
Storage and disposal of HEPASHIELD PAED INJECTION 5ML
- Store at 2°C to 8°C. Do not freeze, discard if frozen.
- Shake well before use.
- Protect from light. Keep out of reach of children.
Quick Tips of HEPASHIELD PAED INJECTION 5ML
- Hepatitis B is a viral infection that affects the liver. Vaccination is crucial in preventing its spread and protecting individuals from its potentially severe consequences. The vaccine is administered to individuals of all age groups, from infants to adults, as part of routine vaccination schedules. ...
- The vaccine prevents the virus from entering the liver cells and causing infection. The hepatitis B vaccine has been instrumental in reducing the incidence of hepatitis B globally.
- Its inclusion in routine vaccination schedules for both infants and adults, along with targeted vaccination strategies for specific populations, has proven effective in reducing the burden of hepatitis B worldwide....
Dosage of HEPASHIELD PAED INJECTION 5ML
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of HEPASHIELD PAED INJECTION 5ML
How Does It Work?
Interactions of HEPASHIELD PAED INJECTION 5ML
Interactions with other medicines
- Avoid concomitant administration of any other vaccine or medicine.
- Discuss with your doctor any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible drug interactions.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is injection used for?
Q: How injection be given?
- Engerix B 20 micrograms/1 ml Suspension for injection in pre-filled syringe - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2023 [cited 20 January 2023]
- Engerix B 20 micrograms/1 ml Suspension for injection in pre-filled syringe - - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2023 [cited 20 January 2023]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2023 [cited 20 January 2023]