Healol Oint 15gm
By SH PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
15g Ointment in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Healol Ointment is a topical antiseptic that is used to treat & prevent infections in minor wounds or cuts. It provides infection protection against a variety of germs that can cause infection in minor cuts, wounds, scrapes and burns. It contains povidone-iodine as its active ingredient. A person with a known allergy to povidone-iodine should not use this medicine. Healol Ointment is meant for external use and should be applied exactly as recommended by your doctor....
3 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Healol Oint 15gm
Uses of Healol 5 %
Healol Ointment is used to treat infected wounds, cuts, and ulcers.
Contraindications of Healol 5 %
- If you are allergic to Povidone Iodine or any other ingredient of Healol Ointment
- If you have a thyroid problem such as goiter or Hashimoto's disease (a thyroid disease).
- If you are taking a medicine containing Lithium, used for the treatment of a brain-related disorder.
Side effects of Healol 5 %
Precautions and Warnings of Healol 5 %
Can I apply Healol Ointment during pregnancy?
There is limited information available on the use of Healol Ointment during pregnancy. It is not recommended to use this Ointment during pregnancy.
Can I apply Healol Ointment while breastfeeding?
- Lactating mothers should avoid the use of Healol Ointment as it can increase the levels of iodine in breastmilk and cause thyroid-related disorder in a breastfed infant.
- Although it is minimally absorbed through intact adult skin, lactating mothers' exposure should be minimized by using it for a short duration in the smallest possible area and in a lower concentration....
Can I drive if I have applied Healol Ointment?
It is a topical preparation and may not affect driving ability.
Can I consume alcohol with Healol Ointment?
There is limited information available on the interaction of Healol with alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience allergies or skin reactions after using this Ointment, discontinue the treatment and talk yo your doctor.
- Your skin is burnt or cracked because there are chances of absorption of iodine in toxic doses in your blood.
- You are going for any routine lab test for thyroid, as this medicine may affect the results.
- Do not use in eyes or areas near eyes or any sensitive area of your skin.
- This Ointment should not be used for the prolonged duration on larger skin areas.
- Healol Ointment should not be used for children below two years of age.
- It should not be used on eyes and for a prolonged duration.
Mode of Action of Healol 5 %
How Does It Work?
Povidone Iodine is an antiseptic and works by killing the microbes. It enters the microbial cells, oxidises key components, and causes cell death. It is effective against a wide range of microorganisms such as bacteria, fungus, and viruses....
Directions for Use of Healol 5 %
- Use Healol Ointment as directed by your doctor.
- Gently clean the affected area and let it dry.
- Wash your hands before and after using this Ointment.
- Apply a small amount of this medicine to the affected area.
- Let dry and cover with a sterile bandage if required.
Interactions of Healol 5 %
Interactions with other medicines
Since Healol Ointment is to be applied externally on the skin, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, it is advisable to consult your doctor if you take other medicines to treat other health conditions....
Storage and disposal of Healol 5 %
- Store Healol Ointment at room temperature.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Healol 5 %
- Since Healol Ointment is meant only for external applications, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor or visit the nearest hospital immediately. If you have overapplied it, wipe out the excess Ointment with a clean tissue or cotton....
- Excessive use of it for a prolonged duration is not advised. If there is no improvement in your infection or wound, contact your doctor.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed the application of this Ointment as prescribed, apply it as soon as you remember. Do not overapply this medicine to compensate for the missed application.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Healol Ointment used for?
A: Healol Ointment is used as first aid for cuts, burns and minor wounds. It provides infection protection against a variety of germs that can cause infection in minor cuts, wounds, scrapes and burns.
Q: How does Healol work?
A: Healol has antiseptic properties. It kills the microbes by oxidising certain cell components of microbes and thus prevents their growth.
Q: For how many days should I use Healol?
A: Your doctor will decide the duration of the application for this Ointment. Do not stop applying it on your own. If there is no improvement in your infection or wound after 7 days of use, get in touch with your doctor.
Q: Is Healol Ointment an antibiotic?
A: Healol Ointment is a topical antiseptic medicine.
Q: When should you not use Healol?
A: You should not use Healol for longer than 1 week without consulting a doctor. Also, if you experience any other unwanted symptoms like fever, nausea, headache, stop usage and immediately consult your physician.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.