By KARNATAKA ANTIBIOTICS & PHARMACEUTICALS LTD(KAPL)
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Grenil Tablet contains a combination of Domperidone and Paracetamol (also called Acetaminophen). It is used to treat the symptoms of migraine like nausea, vomiting. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. This medicine should be taken on an empty stomach. You may experience side effects like dry mouth, diarrhoea. Most of them are temporary but if you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens, you should contact your doctor immediately.
Uses of Grenil Tablet
Grenil Tablet is used for the treatment of migraine. It provides relief from its symptoms such as nausea, vomiting.
Contraindications of Grenil Tablet
- If you are allergic to Domperidone, Paracetamol or any other ingredients of Grenil Tablet.
- If you have any problems with your heart, liver or kidneys.
- If you have stomach or intestinal ulcers, bleeding from ulcers.
- If you have an obstruction, blockage or tear in the intestine or in any part of the gut.
- If you are suffering from a condition called prolactinoma (a tumour in your pituitary gland which releases an excess of prolactin hormone).
Side effects of Grenil Tablet
- A dry mouth
- Diarrhoea, sleepiness, tiredness, skin rash, itching (uncommon)
Precautions and Warnings of Grenil Tablet
Can I take Grenil Tablet during pregnancy?
You should consult your doctor before using Grenil Tablet as there is limited information about its safety during pregnancy. Your doctor will only prescribe you this medicine if considered essential and if the benefits overweigh the risks.
Can I take Grenil Tablet while breastfeeding?
Grenil Tablet passes into breast milk; hence you should consult your doctor before using this medicine while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Grenil Tablet?
There is limited information about the effects of Grenil Tablet on driving, but if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert, you should avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Grenil Tablet?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while taking Grenil Tablet, as it may worsen your condition.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Your symptoms persist for more than 3 days.
- You are suffering from any problems with your heart, liver or kidney.
- You are on medications like ketoconazole, erythromycin.
- You are taking any other medicine containing paracetamol or domperidone.
- Grenil Tablet should not be used in children below 5 years of age.
Mode of Action of Grenil Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Grenil Tablet works by the combined effects of both its components - Domperidone and Paracetamol.
- Domperidone is used to control nausea and vomiting caused due to migraine. It acts by increasing the motility of the stomach and intestines.
- Paracetamol works by blocking the release of certain chemical substances which cause pain and fever. So, all the symptoms related to migraine improve gradually.
Directions for Use of Grenil Tablet
Grenil Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break, or chew the medicine. It should be taken before food. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Grenil Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Grenil Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- In particular, if you are taking medicines like ketoconazole (to treat fungal infection) or erythromycin (antibiotic).
- Concomitant use of Grenil Tablet along with blood thinners like warfarin can increase the risk of bleeding.
- Other medicines like Metoclopramide, Cholestyramine, Chloramphenicol should be used with caution along with Grenil Tablet.
Interactions with food items
Grenil Tablet should be taken on an empty stomach.
Storage and disposal of Grenil Tablet
- Store Grenil Tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Grenil Tablet
Symptoms of an overdose may be nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, loss of appetite, agitation, unconsciousness, fits, confusion, sleepiness and pale skin. Seek medical attention in case you have consumed too much of Grenil Tablet.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed any dose of Grenil Tablet take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Grenil Tablet?
A: Grenil Tablet is used for the treatment of migraine. It provides relief from its symptoms such as nausea, vomiting.
Q: Can Grenil Tablet be taken after food?
A: No, Grenil Tablet should be taken on an empty stomach.
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Grenil Tablet?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform your doctor if you have heart, liver or kidney disease.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby.
- Grenil Tablet may interact with other medicines, hence, inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines including supplements or herbal products. Also, inform your doctor if you are stopping any medicine.read less
Q: How long should I take Grenil Tablet?
A: The dose and duration of Grenil Tablet will depend on the response to treatment. Follow your doctor's instructions and do not stop taking this medicine on your own. Contact your doctor if you do not notice any improvement in your condition after taking this medicine for 3 days.
|You Save||₹6.97 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Domperidone(20.0 Mg),Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(500.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Dry mouth|
Last Updated on: 08 Mar 2021 | 10:12 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved