Grandflox 320mg Tablet
By RONYD HEALTH CARE PVT LTD
5 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Grandflox 320 MG Description
Grandflox Tablet contains gemifloxacin, an antibiotic medicine used to treat various bacterial infections. It works by blocking the enzymes required for DNA synthesis of the bacteria. Thus, arresting
new bacterial growth. This will result in controlling the infection. This medicine should be avoided if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or your age is less than 18 years. Complete the course given by your doctor. Do not stop midway, as this may lead to treatment failure and recurrence of the infection.
|You Save||₹22.48 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, headache, dizziness, rashes, altered taste|
Check more medicines with composition as Gemifloxacin(320.0 Mg)
Uses of Grandflox 320 MG
Grandflox Tablet is used to treat various bacterial infections.
Contraindications of Grandflox 320 MG
If you are allergic to gemifloxacin, fluoroquinolone antibiotics or any other ingredient of this medicine.
Side effects of Grandflox 320 MG
- Stomach pain
- Taste changes
Precautions and Warnings of Grandflox 320 MG
Can I take Grandflox Tablet during pregnancy?
There is not enough data regarding the safety of Gemifloxacin in pregnant women. Hence, this medicine is better avoided in pregnant women and should only be used if prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Grandflox Tablet while breastfeeding?
There is limited safety data available about the use of this medicine in breastfeeding mothers. Hence, it is very important to consult your doctor before using this medicine while breastfeeding. Avoid using it in areas near the breast in case it is prescribed.
Can I drive if I have consumed Grandflox Tablet?
Grandflox Tablet can cause dizziness. It is recommended to avoid driving while taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Grandflox Tablet?
There are no known interactions of alcohol with Gemifloxacin. However, it is advisable to avoid alcohol while using this medicine. Alcohol lowers immunity, complicates infections and delays healing.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of or are at risk for irregular heartbeats (QTc prolongation).
- You experience pain, swelling or inflammation in joints. This could be due to the tendon rupture.
- You have a history of fits. Discuss this with your doctor before starting this medicine.
- You are suffering from diarrhoea. Antibiotic treatment often causes diarrhoea as it alters the microbial flora of the intestine.
- You have any kind of pre-existing health condition such as liver or kidney disease.
- You have low magnesium or potassium level.
- You develop a sudden allergic reaction such as fever, rash, pain or swelling in joints and tendinitis, confusion, shaky feeling or any other such kind of unusual symptoms, stop taking Grandflox Tablet and contact the doctor....
Mode of Action of Grandflox 320 MG
How Does It Work?
Grandflox Tablet works by blocking the enzymes required for DNA synthesis of the bacteria. Thus, arresting new bacterial growth. This will result in controlling the infection.
Directions for Use of Grandflox 320 MG
- Take Grandflox Tablet, as advised by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it.
- It may be taken with or without food.
Interactions of Grandflox 320 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Sometimes Grandflox Tablet may affect the way other medicines work or vice versa if taken at the same time. Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions....
- Especially, if you are on certain medications such as medicines for the heart-related disorder, medicines for psychiatric illnesses, water pills like furosemide, anticoagulants like warfarin, medicines used to treat the brain-related disorder, corticosteroids or any there antibiotics like erythromycin, etc....
- Aluminium and magnesium-containing antacids, ferrous sulphate (iron supplement), multivitamin formulations containing zinc or other metals and sucralfate syrup should not be taken before 3 hours or after 2 hours of administration of Grandflox Tablet....
Storage and disposal of Grandflox 320 MG
- Store Grandflox Tablet at room temperature, protected from direct sunlight and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Grandflox 320 MG
If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicine, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Grandflox Tablet, then take it as soon as you remember. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one. It is advisable not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in the failure of therapy....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can the use of Grandflox Tablet cause diarrhea?
A: Diarrhea is the common side effect of this medicine. It alters the microbial flora of the intestine, which causes diarrhoea. Immediately inform your doctor if you suffer from diarrhoea while on the treatment of this medicine.
Q: Is Grandflox Tablet an antibiotic?
A: Yes, Grandflox Tablet is an antibiotic medicine.
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Grandflox Tablet?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform your doctor if you have liver, heart or kidney disease.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby.
Q: Can I stop taking Grandflox Tablet before the prescribed duration?
A: No, complete the course of the treatment even if you feel better. Even if you feel better, there is still infection-causing bacteria present in the body which makes the infection return in a few days. When one does not complete the course, these few bacteria later become resistant to the antibiotics and cause infections that are difficult to treat. Complete the course as prescribed by the doctor.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed