Gramocef O Dt 200mg Tablet
Gramocef O Dt 200 MG Description
Gramocef-O 200mg tablet DT is an antibiotic medicine containing cefixime as its active ingredient. It is used in treating bacterial infections of the urinary tract, lungs, throat, airways, tonsils, m
ddle ear and cervical/urethral infections. It is also used to treat typhoid fever. It works by interfering with the synthesis of the cell wall of bacteria, this leads to the death of the bacteria responsible for the infection. Gramocef-O should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. Do not miss any doses or stop taking this medicine on your own. You must complete the course of antibiotics, discontinuing the treatment on your own, leads to antibiotic resistance and the recurrence of infection makes this medicine less effective for future infections.
- Cefix 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Cipla Gx10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 119.39₹ 83.578% CHEAPER₹ 8.36/Tablet
- Cefrax 200mg Tablet 10'sBy Cipla Gx10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 107.74₹ 75.4217% CHEAPER₹ 7.54/Tablet
- Zifi 200mg TabletBy Fdc Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 119.00₹ 101.15₹ 10.12/Tablet
- Taxim O 200mg TabletBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 119.31₹ 101.41₹ 10.14/Tablet
- Mahacef 200mg TabletBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 92.70₹ 78.7913% CHEAPER₹ 7.88/Tablet
- Milixim 200mg TabletBy Glenmark Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 82.17₹ 72.3121% CHEAPER₹ 7.23/Tablet
- Ceftas 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 92.84₹ 78.9113% CHEAPER₹ 7.89/Tablet
- Cefolac 200mg TabletBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 113.74₹ 96.68₹ 9.67/Tablet
- Hifen Dt 200mg TabletBy Hetero Healthcare Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 101.50₹ 86.275% CHEAPER₹ 8.63/Tablet
- Redicate 200mg TabletsBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 107.32₹ 83.718% CHEAPER₹ 8.37/Tablet
Uses of Gramocef O Dt 200 MG
- Gramocef-O 200mg tablet DT is used for the treatment of bacterial infections of the ear, nose or sinuses (such as sinusitis), urinary system (such as bladder and kidney infections), throat infections (such as tonsillitis, pharyngitis) and lungs (such as bronchitis, pneumonia)....
- It is also effective for typhoid (enteric) fever and gonorrhoea.
Contraindications of Gramocef O Dt 200 MG
- If you are allergic to cefixime or any other ingredients of Gramocef-O 200mg tablet DT.
- If you are allergic to any similar antibiotics, including Penicillin.
Side effects of Gramocef O Dt 200 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Gramocef O Dt 200 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have problems with your liver or kidneys.
- You experience skin reactions after taking Gramocef-O 200mg tablet DT.
- You have or had encephalopathy (damage or disease that affects the brain and alters the way the brain works).
- You are suffering from a condition called haemolytic anaemia (a condition where red blood cells get broken down faster than they are formed).
- You experience watery diarrhoea, stomach pain and fever.
- You develop any allergic reaction after using Gramocef-O 200mg tablet DT.
Mode of Action of Gramocef O Dt 200 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Gramocef O Dt 200 MG
- Gramocef-O 200mg tablet DT should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
- Always complete the course of antibiotic medicine and do not discontinue on your own.
Interactions of Gramocef O Dt 200 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Gramocef-O 200mg tablet DT works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking Carbamazepine (a medicine used to treat seizures) and blood thinners such as Warfarin.
- Gramocef-O 200mg tablet DT may alter the clotting parameters and there is a risk of unusual bleeding.
Storage and disposal of Gramocef O Dt 200 MG
- Store Gramocef-O 200mg tablet DT below 25°C, protected from direct sunlight, heat and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Gramocef O Dt 200 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Gramocef-O 200mg tablet DT for fever and cold?
Q: Can I stop taking Gramocef-O 200mg tablet DT if I feel better?
Q: Can I take Gramocef-O 200mg tablet DT if I have flu?
Q: Why do I experience diarrhoea after taking Gramocef-O 200mg tablet DT?
Q: What are the side effects of Gramocef O?
Q: How do you take Gramocef O?
Q: What is the use of Gramocef O?
- DailyMed - Cefixime Capsule [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 4 May 2022]
- Ziprax Dispersible Tablets / Dry Syrup (Cefixime) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 4 May 2022]
- Suprax 200 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 May 2022]
- CDSCO - Cefixime [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 4 May 2022]