Goldineuron Tablet Description
Goldineuron Tablet is used for the treatment of neuropathic pain in adults characterised by needle and pin like sensation, numbness and sensitivity to touch. It is a combination of Gabapentin and Met
hylcobalamin that works by the combined action of these two components, gabapentin blocks the pain-related responses and mecobalamin helps in regeneration and repair of the damaged nerves. This medicine should not be used to treat anaemia. Take this medicine as prescribed and for the exact duration, it is prescribed for. Some common side effects of Goldineuron Tablet include dizziness, tiredness and fatigue.
|Gabapentin(300.0 Mg) + Vitamin B12 / Mecobalamin / Cynocobalamin / Methylcobalamin(500.0 Mcg)
|Confusion, headache, dizziness, difficulty in movement, chest pain
|DRUGS FOR PERIPHERAL NEUROPATHY
Uses of Goldineuron Tablet
Contraindications of Goldineuron Tablet
- If you are allergic to gabapentin, methylcobalamin, this medicine or any of the ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have an eye disorder, due to excess consumption of tobacco especially cigar and pipe.
- This medicine is not meant to treat anaemia, especially in pregnant women.
Side effects of Goldineuron Tablet
- Difficulty in movement
- Chest pain
- Feeling sick
- Muscle and joint pain
- Swelling of the face and body parts, weight variations, rashes and itching
- Indigestion, vomiting
- Dry mouth and sore throat
- Blurred vision
- The spinning of the head and low blood sugar
Precautions and Warnings of Goldineuron Tablet
- It is recommended not to breastfeed during the treatment as it may harm the newborn baby.
- Your doctor will decide whether to discontinue breastfeeding or this medicine after accessing the benefits over risks.
Other General Warnings
- If you experience behavioural change and have suicidal thoughts after taking this medicine.
- If you have a heart, kidney, liver, brain or breathing disorder.
- If you develop stomach pain and discomfort after taking this medicine.
- If you are an older adult, the risk of getting side effects are more.
- If you experience severe allergic reactions like breathing difficulties, swelling and low blood pressure, immediately inform your doctor.
- This medicine should not be stopped as it may lead to side effects like fits and other mental disturbances.
Mode of Action of Goldineuron Tablet
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Goldineuron Tablet
- Take Goldineuron Tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water, with or without food.
- You should take this medicine regularly, at the same time and without fail as directed by your doctor.
- You should not consume more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Goldineuron Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- You may experience drowsiness if you are taking medicines like Morphine, you may require a lower dose of this medicine, talk to your doctor.
- You may experience mood swings, anxiety and irritability if you are taking medicines to treat fits like Phenobarbitone, Primidone, Phenytoin and Ethyl phenacemide.
- Antacids should be taken with a gap of two hours after consumption of this medicine.
- This medicine should not be taken at the same time with antibiotics especially tetracycline as it can reduce the effectiveness of antibiotics.
- Cough medicine like Hydrocodone, cancer medicines especially Methotrexate can reduce the effectiveness of this medicine.
- Other medicines like Cholestyramine, Neomycin, Cimetidine, Ranitidine, Metformin and Nitrous oxide can interact with the action of this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Goldineuron Tablet
- Store Goldineuron Tablet below 25°C, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep this medicine away from children and pets.
- Discard this medicine properly when it is expired or no longer needed.
- Do not flush this medicine in the toilet or pour them into the drain.
Dosage of Goldineuron Tablet
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is neuropathic pain? How can I differentiate it from muscle pain?
Q: Is there anything else I need to know before using Goldineuron Tablet?
- When you are taking this medicine, it is advised to use contraception to avoid pregnancy.
- Components of this medicine can cause dependence and you are advised to be cautious if you are taking this medicine for a long period.
- This medicine should not be stopped suddenly and a gradual reduction of the dose is advisable to avoid side effects like fits and other mental problems.
Q: What is Goldineuron Tablet used for?
- Goldineuron Tablet is used for treating neuropathic pain which is a condition of an abnormal, painful sensation in different parts of the body due to damage in a part of the brain responsible for sensing the external stimuli....
Q: Can I take antibiotics along with Goldineuron Tablet?
- Goldineuron Tablet can reduce the effectiveness of certain antibiotic medicines. Thus, it should be consumed at a different time than antibiotics.
Q: Can I stop taking Goldineuron Tablet on my own?
- No, you should never stop taking Goldineuron Tablet medicine unless it is advised by the doctor, even if you are feeling good. If you stop taking this medicine, it may lead to treatment failure.
Q: Is Goldineuron Tablet habit-forming?
- No, this medicine is not habit-forming.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 12 April 2021].
- Office of Dietary Supplements - Vitamin B12 [Internet]. Ods.od.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 12 April 2021].
- GABIL [Internet]. Biocon.com. 2021 [cited 12 April 2021].
- NEURONTIN. [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 12 April 2021].
- Gabapentin 300 mg capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 April 2021].