By GOLDLINE PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Goldineuron Tablet is used for the treatment of neuropathic pain in adults characterised by needle and pin like sensation, numbness and sensitivity to touch. It is a combination of Gabapentin and Methylcobalamin that works by the combined action of these two components, gabapentin blocks the pain-related responses and mecobalamin helps in regeneration and repair of the damaged nerves. This medicine should not be used to treat anaemia. Take this medicine as prescribed and for the exact duration, it is prescribed for. Some common side effects of Goldineuron Tablet include dizziness, tiredness and fatigue....
|You Save||₹27.72 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Gabapentin(300.0 Mg),Vitamin B12 / Mecobalamin / Cynocobalamin / Methylcobalamin(500.0 Mcg)|
|Side effects||Confusion, headache, dizziness, difficulty in movement, chest pain|
|Classification||DRUGS FOR PERIPHERAL NEUROPATHY|
Check more medicines with composition as Gabapentin(300.0 Mg) + Vitamin B12 / Mecobalamin / Cynocobalamin / Methylcobalamin(500.0 Mcg)
Uses of Goldineuron Tablet
Treatment of neuropathic pain, a condition of an abnormal painful sensation in different body parts due to damage in a part of the brain responsible for sensing the external stimuli.
Contraindications of Goldineuron Tablet
- If you are allergic to gabapentin, methylcobalamin, this medicine or any of the ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have an eye disorder, due to excess consumption of tobacco especially cigar and pipe.
- This medicine is not meant to treat anaemia, especially in pregnant women.
Side effects of Goldineuron Tablet
- Difficulty in movement
- Chest pain
- Feeling sick
- Muscle and joint pain
- Swelling of the face and body parts, weight variations, rashes and itching
- Indigestion, vomiting
- Dry mouth and sore throat
- Blurred vision
- The spinning of the head and low blood sugar
Precautions and Warnings of Goldineuron Tablet
Can I take Goldineuron Tablet during pregnancy?
It is advised not to take this medicine during pregnancy as it can interfere with the growth, development of the brain and other body parts of the foetus. Your doctor may give you this medicine only if the benefits outweigh the potential risks.
Can I take Goldineuron Tablet while breastfeeding?
- It is recommended not to breastfeed during the treatment as it may harm the newborn baby.
- Your doctor will decide whether to discontinue breastfeeding or this medicine after accessing the benefits over risks.
Can I drive if I have consumed Goldineuron Tablet?
After taking this medicine, you may experience dizziness, drowsiness or sometimes depression. Avoid driving or operating machinery, especially during the initial days of the treatment.
Can I consume alcohol with Goldineuron Tablet?
It is advised not to consume alcohol during treatment with this medicine. It may worsen the side effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you experience behavioural change and have suicidal thoughts after taking this medicine.
- If you have a heart, kidney, liver, brain or breathing disorder.
- If you develop stomach pain and discomfort after taking this medicine.
- If you are an older adult, the risk of getting side effects are more.
- If you experience severe allergic reactions like breathing difficulties, swelling and low blood pressure, immediately inform your doctor.
- This medicine should not be stopped as it may lead to side effects like fits and other mental disturbances.
Mode of Action of Goldineuron Tablet
How Does It Work?
Methylcobalamine is a form of vitamin B12 that helps in the formation of nerve cells and regeneration of the damaged nerves in the brain. The exact mechanism of how gabapentin works is not known. However, it is known to act on specific receptors in the brain and reduce the release of chemicals in the brain responsible for the sensation of pain....
Directions for Use of Goldineuron Tablet
- Take Goldineuron Tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water, with or without food.
- You should take this medicine regularly, at the same time and without fail as directed by your doctor.
- You should not consume more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Goldineuron Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- You may experience drowsiness if you are taking medicines like Morphine, you may require a lower dose of this medicine, talk to your doctor.
- You may experience mood swings, anxiety and irritability if you are taking medicines to treat fits like Phenobarbitone, Primidone, Phenytoin and Ethyl phenacemide.
- Antacids should be taken with a gap of two hours after consumption of this medicine.
- This medicine should not be taken at the same time with antibiotics especially tetracycline as it can reduce the effectiveness of antibiotics.
- Cough medicine like Hydrocodone, cancer medicines especially Methotrexate can reduce the effectiveness of this medicine.
- Other medicines like Cholestyramine, Neomycin, Cimetidine, Ranitidine, Metformin and Nitrous oxide can interact with the action of this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Goldineuron Tablet
- Store Goldineuron Tablet below 25°C, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep this medicine away from children and pets.
- Discard this medicine properly when it is expired or no longer needed.
- Do not flush this medicine in the toilet or pour them into the drain.
Dosage of Goldineuron Tablet
Symptoms of an overdose include double vision, slurred speech, drowsiness, laziness or sometimes diarrhoea. Consult your doctor if you experience any such symptoms or reach out to your nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking a dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is neuropathic pain? How can I differentiate it from muscle pain?
A: Neuropathic pain occurs due to damage or injury of the nerves responsible for transferring information to the brain and the spinal cord from the skin, muscles and other body parts. It is spontaneous in origin and occurs in the absence of any injury or trauma. Typically the pain feels like burning, stabbing and shooting. The patient may describe it as 'pins and needles'. It is usually associated with nerve damage due to surgery or trauma, viral infections, cancer, vascular malformations and diabetes. It may also be a side effect of certain medications.
Q: Is there anything else I need to know before using Goldineuron Tablet?
- When you are taking this medicine, it is advised to use contraception to avoid pregnancy.
- Components of this medicine can cause dependence and you are advised to be cautious if you are taking this medicine for a long period.
- This medicine should not be stopped suddenly and a gradual reduction of the dose is advisable to avoid side effects like fits and other mental problems.
Q: What is Goldineuron Tablet used for?
- Goldineuron Tablet is used for treating neuropathic pain which is a condition of an abnormal, painful sensation in different parts of the body due to damage in a part of the brain responsible for sensing the external stimuli....
Q: Can I take antibiotics along with Goldineuron Tablet?
- Goldineuron Tablet can reduce the effectiveness of certain antibiotic medicines. Thus, it should be consumed at a different time than antibiotics.
Q: Can I stop taking Goldineuron Tablet on my own?
- No, you should never stop taking Goldineuron Tablet medicine unless it is advised by the doctor, even if you are feeling good. If you stop taking this medicine, it may lead to treatment failure.
Q: Is Goldineuron Tablet habit-forming?
- No, this medicine is not habit-forming.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 12 April 2021].
- Office of Dietary Supplements - Vitamin B12 [Internet]. Ods.od.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 12 April 2021].
- GABIL [Internet]. Biocon.com. 2021 [cited 12 April 2021].
- NEURONTIN. [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 12 April 2021].
- Gabapentin 300 mg capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 April 2021].
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.