Glyvas 5mg Tablet
Glyvas 5 MG Description
Glyvas Tablet is a medicine a cholesterol lowering medicine. It contains rosuvastatin as its active ingredient. It is used for the treatment of high cholesterol or to correct abnormal cholesterol alo
ng with dietary and lifestyle modifications. It is also used to slow down the progression of athresclerosis (narrowing of blood vessels due to fat build up) and reduce the risk of heart attack, storke etc. This medicine works by interfaring with formation of cholesterol or fat in your body. The dose and duration of this medicine is will be decided by your doctor after accessing your complete medical history. Individuals with high cholesterol often end up developing other health related complications, to avoid that you must take this medicine on time and follow certain lifestyle and dietary modifications as suggested by your doctor.
- Curerosu 5mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 85.00₹ 76.5023.88% CHEAPER₹ 5.1/Tablet
- Rozutin 5mg TabletsBy Knoll Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 76.00₹ 53.2020.6% CHEAPER₹ 5.32/Tablet
- Cardirose 5mg TabletBy Hbc Lifesciences Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 75.50₹ 64.174.18% CHEAPER₹ 6.42/Tablet
- Roseday 5mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Usv Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 113.40₹ 96.394.03% CHEAPER₹ 6.43/Tablet
- Rosvin 5mg TabletBy Medley Pharmaceutical Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 69.00₹ 58.6512.39% CHEAPER₹ 5.87/Tablet
- Jupiros 5mg TabletBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 110.00₹ 93.507.01% CHEAPER₹ 6.23/Tablet
- Rosukem 5mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 110.00₹ 93.507.01% CHEAPER₹ 6.23/Tablet
- Lipirose 5mg TabletBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 64.20₹ 54.5718.51% CHEAPER₹ 5.46/Tablet
- Rosufit 5mg Strip Of 20 TabletsBy Ajanta Pharma Limited20 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 120.00₹ 102.0023.88% CHEAPER₹ 5.10/Tablet
- Consivas 5mg TabletBy Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 69.50₹ 59.0711.79% CHEAPER₹ 5.91/Tablet
Uses of Glyvas 5 MG
- It is used in the treatment of high cholesterol levels and to correct abnormal cholesterol.
- To slow down the progression of atherosclerosis, a condition of narrowing of blood vessels due to fat build up.
- It is also known to reduce the risk of heart related conditions such as stroke and heart attack.
Contraindications of Glyvas 5 MG
- If you are allergic to rosuvastatin or any ingredient of this medicine
- If you have any liver related conditions
- If you are pregnant, may be pregnant or breastfeeding
Side effects of Glyvas 5 MG
- Feeling sick
- Stomach pain
- Muscle pain
- Feeling weak
Precautions and Warnings of Glyvas 5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have medical condition like diabetes, liver or kidney disease, thyroid problems, respiratory problems, muscle-related problems.
- You have a history of stroke with bleeding inside the brain.
- You have repeated muscle pains or history of muscle related problems.
- You have recently or in last 7 days, taken medicine for bacterial infection like fusidic acid, as this may cause serious muscle injury.
- You consume alcohol frequently or in excess.
- You are elderly, above 70 years of age.
Mode of Action of Glyvas 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Glyvas 5 MG
Interactions of Glyvas 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way Glyvas works or Glyvas itself can alter the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- In particular if you are taking blood thinner, medicines used to suppress immune function, any hormone replacement therapy, oral contraceptives, other medicines used to lower blood cholesterol and antiviral medicines used for the treatment of HIV and Hepatitis. ...
- Tell your doctor about all medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
Storage and disposal of Glyvas 5 MG
- Store below 30°C in original package to protect from sunlight and moisture
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets
Dosage of Glyvas 5 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Alok Nachane
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)