Glucotrol Mf Tablet
Glucotrol Mf Tablet Description
Glucotrol Mf Tablet is an anti-diabetic medicine containing a combination of Glipizide and Metformin. It is used in treating type 2 diabetes mellitus. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and
in doses and duration as prescribed. It should be taken with or after having your food. Do not miss any dose or stop taking this medicine without consulting your doctor. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting Glucotrol Mf.
- Glirum Mf TabletBy Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 17.75₹ 12.78₹
- Glimet Ds TabletBy Franco Indian Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 19.50₹ 16.57₹
- Glynase Mf Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Usv Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 20.35₹ 17.30₹
Uses of Glucotrol Mf Tablet
Contraindications of Glucotrol Mf Tablet
- If you are allergic to glipizide or metformin or any other ingredients of Glucotrol Mf Tablet.
- If you have liver or kidney problems.
- If you are an alcoholic or have any thyroid problems.
- If you have uncontrolled diabetes along with either nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, stomach pain, deep or rapid breathing, sleepiness, weight loss, unconsciousness, etc.
- If you have any heart problems or if you recently had a heart attack.
- If you have type 1 diabetes.
- If you suffer from dehydration or severe diarrhoea or vomiting.
- If you are going to undergo any surgery or operation.
- If you have ketone bodies and sugar in your urine.
- If you have a severe infection of the lung or kidney.
- If you are pregnant, think you may be or are breastfeeding.
- If you are on an antifungal medication like miconazole.
Side effects of Glucotrol Mf Tablet
- Stomach pain
- Altered taste
- Decreased appetite
- Skin rash, redness, itching
- Low blood sugar
Precautions and Warnings of Glucotrol Mf Tablet
- Glucotrol Mf Tablet is known to cause low blood sugar levels, which can impair your driving ability.
- Always keep sugar, juice or a bar of chocolate in your car while driving.
- In case you experience any of the symptoms of low blood glucose levels like dizziness, drowsiness, visual disturbances and sweating, stop driving immediately and have sugar/ juice.
- Do not consume sugar-free at such episodes.
Other General Warnings
- You experience severe diarrhoea, vomiting, loss of body fluids.
- You have problems with your liver or uncontrolled diabetes.
- You suffer from dehydration.
- You experience signs of low blood glucose like dizziness, weakness, rapid heartbeat, sweating, inability to concentrate.
- You experience muscle pain, stomach pain, vomiting, breathing difficulty, low body temperature. This could be a serious condition known as lactic acidosis.
- You consume alcohol on regular basis.
- You develop a fever or infection.
- You have problems with your adrenal or pituitary glands.
- You are scheduled to have surgery or an operation.
- You have a blood enzyme deficiency (glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency).
- Stop taking this medicine for a short duration if you have severe vomiting or diarrhoea, fever, etc.
- Glucotrol Mf Tablet is not recommended for use in patients less than 18 years old.
Mode of Action of Glucotrol Mf Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Glucotrol Mf Tablet works by the combined action of Glipizide and Metformin.
- Glipizide works by stimulating the release of insulin from your pancreas, thus reducing blood sugar.
- Metformin works by decreasing the amount of glucose absorbed from the intestine, lowering the amount of sugar created by the liver and facilitating the entry of sugar into the cells.
Directions for Use of Glucotrol Mf Tablet
- Glucotrol Mf Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, with or after your meals.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Glucotrol Mf Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Glucotrol Mf Tablet works or Glucotrol Mf itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder....
- As this medicine contains different components, any interaction seen with them when taken alone may happen with this combination.
Storage and disposal of Glucotrol Mf Tablet
- Glucotrol Mf Tablet should be stored at room temperature protected from moisture and heat.
- Keep them out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly. Do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Glucotrol Mf Tablet
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How to take Glucotrol Mf Tablet?
Q: Should Glucotrol Mf Tablet be taken with or without food?
Q: What is the composition of Glucotrol Mf forte?
Q: What are the side effects of Glucotrol Mf?
- Minodiab 5mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 24 May 2022]
- Minodiab 5mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 24 May 2022]
- Metformin 500mg tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 24 May 2022]
- Metformin 500mg tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 24 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 24 May 2022]