Glucored Forte Strip Of 10 Tablets
By SUN PHARMA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
8 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Glucored Forte Strip Of 10 Tablets is an anti-diabetic medicine containing a combination of Glibenclamide (also called Glyburide) and Metformin. It is used in adults to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus (non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus). While taking this medicine you should be cautious of your diet and should also exercise regularly. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It should be taken with food. Do not miss any dose or stop taking this medicine without consulting your doctor. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting Glucored Forte Strip Of 10 Tablets.
Uses of Glucored Forte Strip Of 10 Tablets
Glucored Forte Strip Of 10 Tablets is used in adults for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus along with diet and exercise.
Contraindications of Glucored Forte Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Glibenclamide, Metformin, or any other ingredients of Glucored Forte Strip Of 10 Tablets.
- If you have liver or kidney problems.
- If you have type 1 diabetes.
- If you are in a diabetic coma.
- If you are suffering from diabetic ketoacidosis (symptoms include fatigue, nausea, frequent urination and muscle stiffness).
- If you are taking a medicine called bosentan to treat your high blood pressure.
Side effects of Glucored Forte Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Stomach pain
- Altered taste
- Low blood sugar
- Blurred vision, headache, constipation, confusion, anxiety (uncommon)
Precautions and Warnings of Glucored Forte Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Glucored Forte Strip Of 10 Tablets during pregnancy?
There is limited safety information about the use of Glucored Forte Strip Of 10 Tablets in pregnant women, thus please contact your doctor before using this medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take Glucored Forte Strip Of 10 Tablets while breastfeeding?
Glucored Forte Strip Of 10 Tablets is not recommended while breastfeeding as its components may pass in breast milk. Please consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Glucored Forte Strip Of 10 Tablets?
- Glucored Forte Strip Of 10 Tablets is known to cause low blood sugar levels, which can impair your driving ability.
- Always keep sugar, juice or a bar of chocolate in your car with you while driving.
- In case you experience any of the symptoms of low blood glucose levels like dizziness, drowsiness, visual disturbances and sweating, stop driving immediately and have sugar/ juice.
- Do not consume sugar-free at such episodes.
Can I consume alcohol with Glucored Forte Strip Of 10 Tablets?
It is unsafe to consume alcohol while on treatment with Glucored Forte Strip Of 10 Tablets. Alcohol lowers blood sugar which can be dangerous and can also increase the risk of a serious condition called lactic acidosis.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience severe diarrhoea, vomiting, loss of body fluids.
- You have problems with your heart, liver or kidneys.
- You have uncontrolled diabetes.
- You suffer from dehydration.
- You have type 1 diabetes.
- You experience signs of low blood glucose like dizziness, weakness, rapid heartbeat, sweating, inability to concentrate.
- You experience muscle pain, stomach pain, vomiting, breathing difficulty, low body temperature. This could be a serious condition known as lactic acidosis.
- You consume alcohol regularly.
- You develop a fever or infection.
- You have problems with your adrenal or pituitary glands.
- You are scheduled to have surgery or an operation.
- You are on insulin or any other sulfonylurea medicine.
- You are a woman who does not have periods regularly or at all (premenopausal), as Glucored Forte Strip Of 10 Tablets can increase the chances of your pregnancy.
- You are above the age of 60 years.
- You have a blood enzyme deficiency (glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency).
- Stop taking this medicine for a short duration if you have severe vomiting or diarrhoea, fever, etc.
- Glucored Forte Strip Of 10 Tablets is meant for use only in adults and should not be used in patients less than 18 years old.
Mode of Action of Glucored Forte Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Glucored Forte Strip Of 10 Tablets works by the combined action of both its components - Glibenclamide and Metformin.
- Glibenclamide works by stimulating the release of insulin from your pancreas, thus reducing blood sugar.
- Metformin works by decreasing the amount of glucose absorbed from the intestine, lowering the amount of sugar created by the liver, and facilitating the entry of sugar into the cells.
Directions for Use of Glucored Forte Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Glucored Forte Strip Of 10 Tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It should be taken with food. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.read less
Interactions of Glucored Forte Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Glucored Forte Strip Of 10 Tablets works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat your blood pressure, diabetes, heart problems, high cholesterol level, mental health problems, cancer, thyroid problems, gout, tuberculosis, fits, infections, glaucoma, stomach ulcers, allergies, blood thinner medicines, prostate problems, pain and inflammation.read less
- Other medicines like pentoxifylline, oestrogens, progestogens, laxatives, ranolazine, dolutegravir, cimetidine, colesevelam should be used with caution along with Glucored Forte Strip Of 10 Tablets.
- You should let the doctor or the laboratory person know that you are using this medicine while going for a lab test, as this medicine may interfere with the lab tests.
Interactions with food items
Glucored Forte Strip Of 10 Tablets should be taken with food to reduce stomach discomfort.
Storage and disposal of Glucored Forte Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Glucored Forte Strip Of 10 Tablets should be stored at room temperature protected from moisture and heat.
- Keep them out of reach and sight of children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Glucored Forte Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Excess of Glucored Forte Strip Of 10 Tablets may lead to lactic acidosis, coma, fits.
- You may experience symptoms like vomiting, stomach pain, muscle cramps, unconsciousness, difficulty in breathing.
- Seek urgent medical help if you feel you have taken too much of this medicine.
Missed a Dose
In case you’ve missed any dose of Glucored Forte Strip Of 10 Tablets, take it as soon as you remember it. If it is almost time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Glucored Forte Strip Of 10 Tablets?
A: Glucored Forte Strip Of 10 Tablets is a combination medicine containing Glibenclamide and Metformin as its active ingredient. It is used to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus (also known as non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus).
Q: What food items should I include in my diet?
- A diet should be high in fibre, low in fat with adequate protein, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals.
- Diet should include boiled, steamed, or baked food.
- Ensure moderate use of edible oils (groundnut oil, olive oil).
- Maintain the regular meal timings and try to have 2-3 healthy snacks between meals like soups and salads.
Q: What foods should I avoid eating, being a diabetic patient?
- Avoid eating oily and fried food.
- Avoid cream soups, carrot juice, deep-fried vegetables, vegetable curries with excess oil.
- Avoid white bread, potato, noodles, corn flakes, biryani, naan, fried rice, etc.
- Avoid cheese, milkshakes, ice creams.
- Try to avoid pork, beef, soft drinks, sugarcane juice, sweetened health drinks and beverages.
- Avoid consuming alcohol and smoking.
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Glucored Forte Strip Of 10 Tablets?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform your doctor if you have heart, liver or kidney disease.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby.
- Glucored Forte Strip Of 10 Tablets may interact with other medicines, hence, inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines including supplements or herbal products. Also, inform your doctor if you are stopping any medicine.read less
Q: Should I take Glucored Forte Strip Of 10 Tablets with or without food?
A: Glucored Forte Strip Of 10 Tablets should be taken with meals to prevent stomach discomfort.
Other Products from this Brand
|You Save||₹7.71 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Metformin(500.0 Mg),Glibenclamide / Glyburide(5.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Type 2 diabetes mellitus|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, nausea, low blood sugar level|
Last Updated on: 17 Mar 2021 | 05:53 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved