Glizid M Strip Of 15 Tablets
Glizid M tablet is an oral anti-diabetic medicine. It contains a combination of two medicines - Gliclazide and Metformin as an active ingredient. It is used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes melli
tus, a condition where blood sugar level rises above the normal range when it cannot be controlled by diet and exercise alone. This medicine lowers the raised blood glucose levels. Take this medicine as prescribed and for the duration that it is prescribed by your doctor. Do not miss any dose or take it more than that recommended by the doctor. You should tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements you take and also about all the diseases or conditions you suffer from or if you are pregnant or planning pregnancy or are breastfeeding, before starting this medicine. You must follow a healthy diet and exercise along with the medicine. An individual with uncontrolled diabetes is at increased risk of various health complications such as eye, kidney and nerve problems, heart diseases and stroke.
|You Save||₹27.25 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Gliclazide(80.0 Mg) + Metformin(500.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Type 2 Diabetes mellitus|
|Side effects||Nausea, low blood sugar, vomiting, taste disturbance, stomach pain|
Uses of GLIZID M STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
Contraindications of GLIZID M STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- If you are allergic to gliclazide, metformin or any other ingredients of the Glizid M tablet.
- If you have problems with your heart, liver or kidneys.
- If you have uncontrolled diabetes along with nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, weight loss, stomach pain, etc.
- If you have diabetic pre-coma.
- If you have any severe infection, dehydration.
- If you have a hereditary disease - porphyria.
- If you are breastfeeding.
- If you consume alcohol in excess.
- If you are taking miconazole to treat fungal infections.
Side effects of GLIZID M STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- Low blood sugar
- Sleep disturbance
- Altered taste
- Stomach pain
- Loss of appetite
Precautions and Warnings of GLIZID M STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
Other General Warnings
- You are suffering from any kind of infection.
- You have undergone any surgery.
- You have a history of an allergic reaction.
- You have liver or kidney problems.
- You are suffering from dehydration.
- You are at risk of having high blood sugar.
- You have a blood enzyme deficiency (glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency).
- The use of this medicine has not been studied in children and adolescents.
Directions for Use of GLIZID M STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
Storage and disposal of GLIZID M STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
Dosage of GLIZID M STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of GLIZID M STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
How Does It Work?
Interactions of GLIZID M STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Glizid M tablet works or the Glizid M tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder....
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What diet should I follow being a diabetic patient?
- A diet should be high in fibre, low in fat with adequate protein, carbohydrates, vitamins, and minerals.
- Maintain regular meal timings and try to have 2-3 healthy snacks between meals like soups and salads.
- Diet should include boiled, steamed, or baked food.
- Ensure moderate use of edible oils (groundnut oil, olive oil), very less use of ghee and butter.
- Drink at least 8-10 glass of water daily.
Q: What should I avoid in my diet?
- Do not shop when you are hungry. You could be tempted to buy oil and fried food.
- Avoid overeating.
- Avoid maida, white bread, potato, noodles, corn flakes, poori, biryani, naan, fried rice, etc.
- Stop having daals with ghee, deep-fried pulses.
- Avoid creams soups, carrot juice, deep-fried vegetables, vegetable curries with excess oil.
- Avoid fruits like mango, jackfruit, fruit salads with ice cream, fruit-based desserts.
Q: Can the Glizid M tablet be stopped?
Q: When should I take Glizid M?
Q: What is the composition of Glizid M?
Q: What is Glizid M used for?
Q: What is the dose of Glizid M?
- Gliclazide 80 mg Tablets BP - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 May 2022]
- Glucophage 850 mg film coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 May 2022]
- Gliclazide + Metformin drug information | DrugsUpdate India [Internet]. Drugsupdate.com. 2021 [cited 12 May 2022]
- Gliclazide 80 mg Tablets BP - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 May 2022]
- Glucophage 850 mg film coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 12 May 2022]