Gflotas D Eye Drops 10ml
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10ml Eye Drop in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Gflotas D Eye Drops 10ml Description
Gflotas D Eye drops is a sterile ophthalmic solution, which consists of gatifloxacin and dexamethasone. It is an ocular antibiotic and steroid.
|You Save||₹3.30 (12% on MRP)|
|Contains||Gatifloxacin(0.3 %) + Dexamethasone(0.1 %)|
|Uses||Bacterial conjunctivitis, Inflammatory conditions of the conjunctiva|
|Side effects||Ocular hypertension, Visual defects, Eye pain, Eye irritation, Worsening of conjunctivitis|
|Therapy||OCCULAR ANTIBIOTIC AND STEROID|
Check more medicines with composition as Gatifloxacin(0.3 %) + Dexamethasone(0.1 %)
2 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Gflotas D Eye Drops 10ml
- Gate Dm 0.3/0.1 % Eye Drops 5 MlBy Ajanta Pharma Limited5ml Eye Drop in BottleMRP 102.50₹ 85.07₹ 17.01/Millilitre
- Gatilox Dm Eye Drops 10mlBy Sun Pharma10ml Eye Drop in BottleMRP 27.00₹ 23.224.13% CHEAPER₹ 2.32/Millilitre
Uses of Gflotas D Eye Drops 10ml
- Bacterial conjunctivitis
- Inflammatory conditions of the conjunctiva
- Penetration of foreign bodies
- Corneal injury
Contraindications of Gflotas D Eye Drops 10ml
- Bacterial infections
- Mycobacterial ocular infections
- Viral diseases of the cornea and conjunctiva
- Fungal disease of ocular structures
Side effects of Gflotas D Eye Drops 10ml
- Ocular hypertension
- Visual defects
- Eye pain
- Eye irritation
- Worsening of conjunctivitis
Precautions and Warnings of Gflotas D Eye Drops 10ml
Can Gflotas D Eye drops be administered during pregnancy?
Gflotas D Eye drops should only be administered during pregnancy if necessary. Discuss with your doctor regarding the same as safety is not well established.
Can I take Gflotas D Eye drops while breastfeeding?
Gflotas D Eye drops contents may pass into breast milk. Consult your doctor regarding its safety.
Is it safe to drive after administering Gflotas D Eye drops?
Your vision maybe blurred after being given Gflotas D Eye drops. If you feel so, do not drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Gflotas D Eye drops?
Effect of Gflotas D Eye drops with alcohol is unknown. Consult your doctor regarding the above.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have herpes simplex
- You have an ocular infection
- You wear contact lenses
Mode of Action of Gflotas D Eye Drops 10ml
How Does It Work?
Dexamethasone reduces inflammatory response, whilst gatifloxacin inhibits DNA gyrase and topoisomerase IV.
Directions for Use of Gflotas D Eye Drops 10ml
One or Two drops of Gflotas D Eye drops is administered topically. This may differ based on the patient, consult your doctor.
Interactions of Gflotas D Eye Drops 10ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Anticholinergics may increase the intraocular pressure with dexamethasone
- Phenytoin, phenobarbitone, ephedrine and rifampicin may reduce the therapeutic effect of dexamethasone
- Dexamethasone increases the plasma salicylate clearance rate
- Aspirin may increase the neuroexcitatory activities of gatifloxacin
- Atropine with gatifloxacin increases the risk of delayed ventricular repolarisation
- Efficacy of BCG vaccine is decreased with gatifloxacin
- If you consume other medications, do mention it to your physician before administering Gflotas D Eye drops
Storage and disposal of Gflotas D Eye Drops 10ml
Store upright at 8º - 25ºC. Do not freeze.
Dosage of Gflotas D Eye Drops 10ml
- No Gflotas D Eye drops overdose incidents, unintentional or purposeful have been observed
- Do seek immediate medical attention if you over dose
Missed a Dose
If you miss a dose of Gflotas D Eye drops, ask your physician for a new dose schedule. Do not take double doses.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long is Gflotas D Eye drops administered?
A: Gflotas D Eye drops should be used until advised by your doctor.
Q: Can Gflotas D Eye drops be administered to a child under 2 years of age?
A: Safety and effectiveness of Gflotas D Eye drops has not been established in children under 2 years of age. Consult a doctor for the same.
Q: Will prolonged use of Gflotas D cause any negative effect?
A: Prolonged use may result in the proliferation of organisms like fungi.
- Maxidex (dexamethasone ophthalmic suspension) [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 8 March 2022]. Available from: https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2017/013422s045lbl.pdf
- Zymaxid (gatifloxacin ophthalmic solution) [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 8 March 2022]. Available from: https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2010/022548s000lbl.pdf
- Minims Dexamethasone sodium phosphate 0.1% w/v, Eye drops solution - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 8 March 2022]. Available from: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/3742/smpc#CLINICAL_PRECAUTIONS
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed