Geoglit 30mg Tablets
Geoglit 30mg Tablets Description
Geoglit 30mg Tab is an anti-diabetic medicine containing pioglitazone as its active ingredient. It is useful in improving the blood sugar levels of type 2 diabetes mellitus patients. While taking th
is medicine, you should be cautious of your diet and should also exercise regularly. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history. Your doctor may frequently ask you to monitor your blood sugar levels while on treatment with Geoglit 30mg Tab.
Uses of Geoglit 30mg Tablets
Contraindications of Geoglit 30mg Tablets
- If you are allergic to Pioglitazone or any of the ingredient of Geoglit 30mg Tab .
- If you have diabetic ketoacidosis (uncontrolled diabetes along with nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, rapid weight loss).
- If you are suffering from any heart problems like heart failure.
- If you have any problems with your liver.
- If you ever had or have bladder cancer.
- If you notice blood in your urine and your doctor is not aware of it.
Side effects of Geoglit 30mg Tablets
- Respiratory tract infection like cough, sneezing, runny nose, sore throat
- Weight gain
- Abnormal or blurred vision
Precautions and Warnings of Geoglit 30mg Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You suffer from any liver disease.
- You are suffering from any heart problem like irregular heartbeat, heart failure.
- You are suffering from a certain type of diabetic eye disease called macular oedema.
- You notice any type of swelling or have fluid retention, as Geoglit 30mg Tab may worsen your condition.
- You have cysts on your ovaries.
- Geoglit 30mg Tab may increase the risk of bone fractures.
- When taking this medicine along with other antidiabetic medicines, you may experience episodes of low blood sugar. Always carry sugar or a bar of chocolate. Do not consume sugar-free during such episodes....
- Geoglit 30mg Tab is not recommended in patients below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Geoglit 30mg Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Geoglit 30mg Tablets
Interactions of Geoglit 30mg Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Geoglit 30mg Tab may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled. ...
- Geoglit 30mg Tab should be used with caution along with gemfibrozil (used to lower blood cholesterol) and rifampicin (antibiotic) as it may after its effects. Close monitoring of your blood sugar levels is necessary....
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Geoglit 30mg Tablets
Dosage of Geoglit 30mg Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Geoglit 30mg Tab ?
Q: How to take Geoglit 30mg Tab ?
Q: Can Geoglit 30mg Tab be given to children?
Q: What is the content present in Geoglit 30mg Tab?
Q: What are the side effects of Geoglit 30mg Tab?
Q: When should I take Geoglit 30mg Tab?
- Pioglitazone Accord 15 mg tablets- Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 9 May 2022]
- Pioglitazone Accord 15 mg tablets- Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 9 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 9 May 2022]