Gemitab 320 MG Description
Gemitab Tablet contains gemifloxacin, an antibiotic medicine used to treat various bacterial infections. It works by blocking the enzymes required for DNA synthesis of the bacteria. Thus, arresting n
ew bacterial growth. This will result in controlling the infection. This medicine should be avoided if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or your age is less than 18 years. Complete the course given by your doctor. Do not stop midway, as this may lead to treatment failure and recurrence of the infection.
Uses of Gemitab 320 MG
Contraindications of Gemitab 320 MG
Side effects of Gemitab 320 MG
- Stomach pain
- Taste changes
Precautions and Warnings of Gemitab 320 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of or are at risk for irregular heartbeats (QTc prolongation).
- You experience pain, swelling or inflammation in joints. This could be due to the tendon rupture.
- You have a history of fits. Discuss this with your doctor before starting this medicine.
- You are suffering from diarrhoea. Antibiotic treatment often causes diarrhoea as it alters the microbial flora of the intestine.
- You have any kind of pre-existing health condition such as liver or kidney disease.
- You have low magnesium or potassium level.
- You develop a sudden allergic reaction such as fever, rash, pain or swelling in joints and tendinitis, confusion, shaky feeling or any other such kind of unusual symptoms, stop taking Gemitab Tablet and contact the doctor....
Mode of Action of Gemitab 320 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Gemitab 320 MG
- Take Gemitab Tablet, as advised by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it.
- It may be taken with or without food.
Interactions of Gemitab 320 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Sometimes Gemitab Tablet may affect the way other medicines work or vice versa if taken at the same time. Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions....
- Especially, if you are on certain medications such as medicines for the heart-related disorder, medicines for psychiatric illnesses, water pills like furosemide, anticoagulants like warfarin, medicines used to treat the brain-related disorder, corticosteroids or any there antibiotics like erythromycin, etc....
- Aluminium and magnesium-containing antacids, ferrous sulphate (iron supplement), multivitamin formulations containing zinc or other metals and sucralfate syrup should not be taken before 3 hours or after 2 hours of administration of Gemitab Tablet....
Storage and disposal of Gemitab 320 MG
- Store Gemitab Tablet at room temperature, protected from direct sunlight and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Gemitab 320 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can the use of Gemitab Tablet cause diarrhea?
Q: Is Gemitab Tablet an antibiotic?
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Gemitab Tablet?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform your doctor if you have liver, heart or kidney disease.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby.