Gemer Forte 1mg Tablet
By SUN PHARMA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Gemer Forte Tablet is an anti-diabetic medicine used to lower the raised blood glucose levels in the blood when it is not being controlled by diet and exercise. This medicine is used to treat Type 2 diabetes mainly. It contains a combination of glimepiride and metformin as active ingredients. Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor, preferably after meals. Gemer Forte Tablet should not be used in children below 18 years of age. Do not stop taking this medicine, as it can result in increased blood sugar level and its complications. Side effects of this medicine are disturbance, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea. Mostly these side effects get resolved over a short time. If it worsens, reach out to the nearest clinic or hospital.
Uses of Gemer Forte 1mg Tablet
Gemer Forte Tablet is used to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus; when diet, exercise and Glimepiride or Metformin alone is not able to control the blood sugar levels adequately.
Contraindications of Gemer Forte 1mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to metformin, glimepiride or any of the ingredient of Gemer Forte Tablet.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have serious kidney failure or liver failure.
- If you have any metabolic acidosis (too much acid in the body fluids) like lactic acidosis, diabetic ketoacidosis or diabetic pre-coma.
- If you have dehydration, severe infections, shock and injections containing iodine.
- If you have had heart or lung failure, the recent incidence of heart attack and shock.
- If you are an alcoholic.
Side effects of Gemer Forte 1mg Tablet
- Weight gain, low blood sugar level which can cause headache, sweating, nausea, wet skin, anxiety and restlessness
- Vomiting, nausea, diarrhoea, stomach pain, loss of taste sensation, metallic taste and stomach discomfort (pressure and fullness)
- High blood pressure, irregular heart rhythm, chest pain (arrhythmias)
- Rash, itching
- Temporary visual disturbances
- Difficulty in breathing, decrease in vitamin B12 levels
Precautions and Warnings of Gemer Forte 1mg Tablet
Can I take Gemer Forte Tablet during pregnancy?
Gemer Forte Tablet should not be used during pregnancy as it may cause harm to the unborn baby. Inform your doctor if you are planning a pregnancy, he might suggest some other alternative.
Can I take Gemer Forte Tablet while breastfeeding?
Gemer Forte Tablet passes into the breast milk in very small quantities which might not be harmful to the baby. If you are taking this medicine while breastfeeding, monitor your child for signs of hypoglycemia such as excessive sleepiness, poor feeding, fits, difficulty in breathing, or decreased body temperature.
Can I drive if I have consumed Gemer Forte Tablet?
- Gemer Forte Tablet can cause low blood sugar levels which can lead to drowsiness, unconsciousness or confusion. These can be dangerous while driving.
- Consult your doctor whether you can drive a car if you have frequent episodes of hypoglycemia.
- Keep a juice or chocolate in the car close to you while driving, in case you start feeling any of the above symptoms of hypoglycemia, immediately have the juice or chocolate.
- Note that artificial sweeteners are not of any use in such scenarios.
Can I consume alcohol with Gemer Forte Tablet?
- It is advisable not to consume alcohol during treatment with Gemer Forte Tablet.
- Alcohol alters the way this medicine works. Be cautious not to consume alcohol on an empty stomach. Alcohol increases the risk of low blood sugar.
- Excessive consumption of alcohol when taking this medicine can cause a serious complication known as ketoacidosis.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience extreme hunger, headache, nausea, vomiting, sleepiness, restlessness, aggression, reduced alertness, confusion, shakiness or dizziness. These could be signs of low blood sugar. If you have any of these, immediately have sugar or sweet juice. Inform your doctor as you may need a change in your medicine's dose.Read less
- You are experiencing pins-and-needles sensation, numbness and weakness.
- You are going to have a diagnostic imaging test that involves the injection of iodine.
- You have dehydration due to diarrhoea, vomiting or limited fluid intake.
- You have suffered through trauma.
- You have to undergo surgery shortly. You have serious kidney and liver problems. You have a thyroid disorder.Read less
- You are overweight (specific diet restriction may be suggested).
Mode of Action of Gemer Forte 1mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Gemer Forte Tablet is known to control blood sugar to a greater extent than metformin or glimepiride alone Glimiperide lowers the blood sugar level increasing release of insulin hormone from the pancreas.Read less
- Insulin moves sugar (glucose) from the blood into the cells.
- Metformin decreases the absorption in the intestine and production of sugar by the liver.
- Both of these components are known to increase the insulin sensitivity of the body (which allows the cells of the body to use blood glucose more effectively, reducing blood sugar).
Directions for Use of Gemer Forte 1mg Tablet
Gemer Forte Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Gemer Forte 1mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Sometimes Gemer Forte Tablet may affect the way other medicines work, and other medicines may affect how Gemer Forte Tablet works, if taken at the same time.
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for any disorder.Read less
- Especially if you are on certain medications like painkillers, medicines for heart diseases, muscle pain, brain-related disorder, antacids like ranitidine, anti-coagulants such as warfarin, medicine to lower blood cholesterol (fibrates), medicines for a thyroid disorder, antihypertensive medicines etc.Read less
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are antibiotics like Clarithromycin, oral contraceptives, anti-epileptic medicines like phenytoin, medicines for constipation, water pills etc.
- You may have symptoms of low blood sugar if you are already taking other medicines for diabetes like Insulin, Pioglitazone. Caution is advised.
Storage and disposal of Gemer Forte 1mg Tablet
- Store at room temperature in a dry place.
- Protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Gemer Forte 1mg Tablet
- Overdose of Gemer Forte Tablet may lead to severe hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) and lactic acidosis (excessive lactic acid build-up).
- This can result in headache, nausea, vomiting, sleep disturbances, restlessness, impaired alertness and reactions, depression, confusion, dizziness etc.
- If you experience these, immediately take glucose or juice or sugar-containing products (sugar candy).
- Contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital as you may require close monitoring for the next few hours.
Missed a Dose
- A missed dose may lead to high blood sugar levels, which includes symptoms like feeling thirsty, excessive urination, loss of appetite, drowsiness, the fruity smell from breath etc.
- If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What diet should I follow?
- A diet should be high in fibre, low in fat with adequate protein, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals.
- Maintain the regular meal timings and try to have soups and salads.
- Diet should include boiled, steamed, or baked food.
- Ensure moderate use of edible oils (groundnut oil, olive oil), very little use of ghee and butter.
- Drink at least 8-10 glass of water daily.
- Carry fruit or low-calorie high fibre biscuits while travelling.
Q: What should I avoid being a diabetic patient?
- Do not shop when you are hungry. You could be tempted to buy oily and fried food.
- Avoid overeating.
- Avoid maida, white bread, potato, noodles, corn flakes, poori, biryani, naan, fried rice, etc.
- Stop having daals with ghee, deep-fried pulses.
- Avoid cream soups, carrot juice, deep-fried vegetables, vegetable curries with excess oil.
Q: My blood sugar falls too often, what could be the reason?
- Avoid skipping meals, fasting, too much alcohol intake, taking alcohol on an empty stomach and taking a double dose.
- If you are taking any medicines mentioned in the drug interaction section, you need to inform your doctor.
- Always keep a juice or sugar candy with you, in case you experience symptoms of hypoglycemia like headache, irritability, drowsiness, reduced alertness or nausea, immediately have the juice or glucose.Read less
- Do not have artificial sweeteners in this situation.
- If such episodes happen too often, inform your doctor as you may need a decrease in the dose of this medicine.
Q: Can Gemer Forte Tablet be stopped?
A: No, you should never stop taking Gemer Forte Tablet without consulting your doctor. Abrupt stopping of the medicine can result in a sudden rise in blood glucose levels and cause further harm to the kidney and other organs.
Q: What is the use of Gemer Forte Tablet?
A: Gemer Forte Tablet is mainly used to treat Type 2 diabetes mellitus (high blood sugar levels) when blood sugar levels cannot be controlled by Glimepiride or Metformin along with controlled diet and exercise alone.
Last Updated on: 19 Apr 2021 | 10:22 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved