Gemcal Syp 120ml
By ALKEM LABORATORIES LTD
120ml Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Gemcal Syrup contains a combination of calcium and vitamin D3 (also known as cholecalciferol/colecalciferol). It is used to treat vitamin D and calcium deficiency. It is used for conditions such as osteoporosis and helps in maintaining healthy bones and teeth. Take Gemcal Syrup as recommended by your doctor or pharmacist. Do not consume it in more quantity than suggested by your doctor. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from before starting Gemcal Syrup....
|You Save||₹32.76 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Vitamin D3 / Cholecalciferol(0.0625 Mcg),Calcium(100.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Vitamin D and Calcium deficiency|
|Classification||CALCIUM AND VITAMIN D SUPPLEMENTATION|
Check more medicines with composition as Vitamin D3 / Cholecalciferol(0.0625 Mcg) + Calcium(100.0 Mg)
Ingredients and Benefits
- Gemcal Syrup contains calcium and vitamin D3 (also known as cholecalciferol/colecalciferol).
- Calcium: Calcium is one of the most profuse minerals in the body which is essential for critical metabolic functions. Most prominently, it is required for building and maintaining healthy bones and teeth. It plays a crucial role in nerve transmission, muscle function, cellular signalling and hormone secretion....
- Vitamin D3: Vitamin D3 plays a very crucial role in the absorption of calcium and phosphorous from the intestine, which is critical for the formation, growth and regeneration of bones. It supports healthy bones and teeth. It also plays a role in cell growth, neuromuscular and immune function and reduction of inflammation....
Uses of Gemcal Syp 120ml
- Gemcal Syrup is used for the treatment of vitamin D and calcium deficiency.
- It is used for the treatment of osteoporosis or bone-related disorders.
- It is also used in special populations like the elderly, pregnant, breastfeeding who need vitamin D and calcium supplements.
Precautions and Warnings of Gemcal Syp 120ml
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You should not take Gemcal Syrup if you are allergic to any of the components of this supplement.
- You are suffering from tissue calcification (deposit of calcium in body tissues).
- You are suffering from malabsorption or have high levels of cholesterol.
- You are taking any other product containing vitamin D or calcium.
- You have problems with your heart, kidney or liver.
- You have any existing medical conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, cancer or any other diseases.
- You are on other medications, supplements or following any complementary or integrative health approaches.
- You have any planned surgery or operation. You may be asked to stop taking these products at least 2-3 weeks ahead of the procedure.
- Do not take Gemcal Syrup if you have a high level of calcium or vitamin D in the blood, a high level of calcium in the urine, kidney stones or are bedridden.
- Never take thyroid medicine and this tablet together.
- You should avoid consuming too much alcohol.
- You should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Directions for Use of Gemcal Syp 120ml
- Gemcal Syrup should be taken as advised by the doctor or pharmacist.
- Shake it well before use.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon or dropper for the exact quantity.
- Take it preferably after the evening meal.
- Do not consume it more than that recommended.
Storage and disposal of Gemcal Syp 120ml
- Gemcal Syrup should be stored in a cool and dry place protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Which food items are a good source of Vitamin D?
- Foods rich in Vitamin D are certain fatty fish such as salmon & tuna, fish & cod liver oil, cheese and egg yolk.
- Vitamin D is formed under our skin when we are exposed to the sun. Thus, sun exposure from 10 am to 3 pm at least twice a week for 10-30 minutes can help prevent vitamin D deficiency.
Q: What are the side effects of Gemcal Syrup?
A: You may experience constipation, nausea, vomiting and an upset stomach after taking Gemcal Syrup. However, not everyone gets these side effects.
Q: Why should one take Vitamin D?
- With the current lifestyle, we are all based indoors in air-conditioned offices, houses and cars, with hardly any exposure to the sun. This is leading to increased Vitamin D deficiency in all age groups and more fractures, muscle weakness. ...
- There is a lot of research happening suggesting that Vitamin D may have a role in preventing the onset of diabetes, cancers like colon, breast, help build immunity.
- Calci-D Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 5 June 2021]
- Calci-D Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 5 June 2021]
- Vitamin D - Fact Sheet for Health Professionals [Internet]. Nccih.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 5 June 2021]
Country of Origin
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.