Gabapin Nt 400mg Tablet
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
Gabapin Nt 400mg Tablet is a combination of two medicines, namely Gabapentin and Nortriptyline. Gabapentin relieves pain arising due to nerve damage, compression in nerves. Nortriptyline acts on your central nervous system and offers relief from neuropathic pain. These two medicines work effectively in reducing neuropathic pain (pain due to nerve damage). You should take this medicine in a dose and duration prescribed by your doctor. Avoid driving or handling any machinery after taking Gabapin Nt 400mg Tablet, as this medicine can make you less alert. Before starting with this medicine, inform your doctor about all other medicines you are consuming and any other health issues you have such as heart problems, liver or kidney problems.
Uses of Gabapin Nt 400mg Tablet
Gabapin Nt 400mg Tablet is used to treat neuropathic pain caused due to damage or compression in nerves.
Contraindications of Gabapin Nt 400mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to Gabapentin and Nortriptyline or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are taking certain medicines (MAO Inhibitors) for some psychiatric disorders.
- If you have experienced a recent Heart Attack, blockage in the heart, the disturbed rhythm of the heart.
Side effects of Gabapin Nt 400mg Tablet
- Feeling Sleepy
- Feeling sick, Vomiting, Diarrhoea or Constipation
- Reduced Alertness and lack of coordination
- Change in taste
- Loss of appetite
- Feeling tired or weak
- Mood swings
- Rashes or Hives
- Changes in vision
- Irregular heartbeats
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Gabapin Nt 400mg Tablet
Can I take Gabapin Nt 400mg Tablet during pregnancy?
Gabapin Nt 400mg Tablet should not be taken during pregnancy unless considered essential by your doctor. If this medicine is given to a pregnant woman in the last weeks of pregnancy, the newborn baby should be watched for symptoms of withdrawal e.g. irritability, excessive crying, weak suckling, tremors (shakiness), etc.
Can I take Gabapin Nt 400mg Tablet while breastfeeding?
Gabapin Nt 400mg Tablet can pass in breast milk in small quantities. Limited information is available on the safety of this medicine in newborns. This medicine should be given with caution to breastfeeding women and only when very essential.
Can I drive if I have consumed Gabapin Nt 400mg Tablet?
You should not drive or operate machinery when taking Gabapin Nt 400mg Tablet because this medicine can make you sleepy and less alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Gabapin Nt 400mg Tablet?
Alcohol consumption should be avoided with Gabapin Nt 400mg Tablet, as it can worsen the side effects like drowsiness, loss of concentration and confusion.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience suicidal thoughts or changes in mood and behaviour.
- You have severe kidney disorders, liver disorders or disorders related to Pancreas.
- You are suffering from problems related to the heart like blockage of heart, history of heart failure, abnormal rhythm of the heart.
- You are taking medicine for some psychiatric disorders.
- You have difficulty breathing or any other respiratory illness.
- You are above 65 years of age.
- You experience any abnormal symptoms after taking this medicine, report to your doctor. Do not stop the medicine on your own.
- Wear full clothes and apply sunscreen when stepping into bright sunlight as this medicine can make you sensitive to the sun.
- Inform your doctor if you are scheduled for any surgery or dental procedure involving local or general anaesthesia.
Mode of Action of Gabapin Nt 400mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Gabapentin acts on your brain and reduces the release of chemicals responsible for the sensation of pain. It also relieves the pain arising due to nerve damage.
- Nortriptyline also acts on your central nervous system and offers relief from neuropathic pain (pain due to nerve damage).
Directions for Use of Gabapin Nt 400mg Tablet
- Take this medicine as a whole with a sufficient amount of water as prescribed by your doctor.
- This medicine can be taken with or without meals, preferably at the same time every day.
Interactions of Gabapin Nt 400mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use with medicines for psychiatric disorders such as Moclobemide, Phenelzine, Iproniazid, Isocarboxazid, Nialamide, or Selegiline (used to treat Parkinson's disease) can lead to serious side effects (serotonin syndrome).read less
- Concomitant use with medicines for cough and cold containing Ephedrine, Isoprenaline, Noradrenaline, Phenylephrine and Phenylpropanolamine can increase the side effects of drowsiness.
- Medicines to treat high blood pressure such as Diltiazem and Verapamil, Guanethidine, Debrisoquine, Bethanidine, Clonidine, Reserpine and Methyldopa, Antifungal medicines such as Fluconazole, Terbinafine can increase the blood concentrations of this medicine.read less
- You should also tell your doctor if you take or have recently taken medicine that may affect the heart's rhythm.
- Water Pills such as Furosemide, medicines to treat irregular heartbeats such as quinidine and sotalol should be used cautiously.
- Discuss with your doctor if you are taking any other medicines, supplements or herbal preparations before taking this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Gabapin Nt 400mg Tablet
- Store this medicine at a temperature below 30°C
- Keep it away from children and pets
Dosage of Gabapin Nt 400mg Tablet
- Symptoms of the overdose include dizziness, double vision, slurred speech, sleepiness, loss of consciousness, tiredness and mild diarrhoea. If you have taken too much of this medicine, then consult your doctor or reach out to your nearest hospital.read less
Missed a Dose
If you missed a dose of this medicine, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Will Gabapin Nt 400mg Tablet make me sleepy?
A: Yes, Gabapin Nt 400mg Tablet can make you feel sleepy and less alert.
Q: I have been taking Gabapin Nt 400mg Tablet for 1-month. I feel unusually sad. Can I stop this medicine?
A: No, you should not stop Gabapin Nt 400mg Tablet on your own. Feeling unusually sad may be an adverse effect of this medicine. Inform your doctor about this and follow his advice.
Q: I am a heart patient. Can I take Gabapin Nt 400mg Tablet?
A: You should tell your doctor about complete medical history and ongoing medications. You should take Gabapin Nt 400mg Tablet with caution, only when prescribed by your doctor. Do not self medicate.
Q: How should I take Gabapin Nt 400mg Tablet?
A: You should take Gabapin Nt 400mg Tablet as and when prescribed by your doctor, preferably at the same time every day. Do not self medicate or stop this medicine on your own. Your doctor will taper the dose gradually and then stop this medicine to avoid withdrawal symptoms.
Q: What will happen if I stop taking Gabapin Nt 400mg Tablet suddenly?
A: You should never stop this medicine suddenly. Your doctor will reduce the dose and then stop Gabapin Nt 400mg Tablet when needed. In case you stop it suddenly, you may experience withdrawal symptoms like nausea (sickness), abdominal discomfort, anxiety, headache, restlessness, etc.
Other Variants for
Gabapin Nt 400mg Tablet
Last Updated on: 08 Nov 2020 | 08:08 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
- Other Variants
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved