Gabapin Nt 400/10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Gabapin Nt 400/10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Gabapin Nt 400/10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets is a combination of two medicines, namely Gabapentin and Nortriptyline. Gabapentin relieves pain arising due to nerve damage, compression in nerves. Nortriptyl
ine acts on your central nervous system and offers relief from neuropathic pain. These two medicines work effectively in reducing neuropathic pain (pain due to nerve damage). You should take this medicine in a dose and duration prescribed by your doctor. Avoid driving or handling any machinery after taking Gabapin Nt 400/10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets, as this medicine can make you less alert. Before starting with this medicine, inform your doctor about all other medicines you are consuming and any other health issues you have such as heart problems, liver or kidney problems.
|You Save||₹33.75 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Gabapentin(400.0 Mg) + Nortriptyline(10.0 Mg)|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR PERIPHERAL NEUROPATHY|
Uses of Gabapin Nt 400/10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Contraindications of Gabapin Nt 400/10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Gabapentin and Nortriptyline or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are taking certain medicines (MAO Inhibitors) for some psychiatric disorders.
- If you have experienced a recent Heart Attack, blockage in the heart, the disturbed rhythm of the heart.
Side effects of Gabapin Nt 400/10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Feeling Sleepy
- Feeling sick, Vomiting, Diarrhoea or Constipation
- Reduced Alertness and lack of coordination
- Change in taste
- Loss of appetite
- Feeling tired or weak
- Mood swings
- Rashes or Hives
- Changes in vision
- Irregular heartbeats
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Gabapin Nt 400/10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You experience suicidal thoughts or changes in mood and behaviour.
- You have severe kidney disorders, liver disorders or disorders related to Pancreas.
- You are suffering from problems related to the heart like blockage of heart, history of heart failure, abnormal rhythm of the heart.
- You are taking medicine for some psychiatric disorders.
- You have difficulty breathing or any other respiratory illness.
- You are above 65 years of age.
- You experience any abnormal symptoms after taking this medicine, report to your doctor. Do not stop the medicine on your own.
- Wear full clothes and apply sunscreen when stepping into bright sunlight as this medicine can make you sensitive to the sun.
- Inform your doctor if you are scheduled for any surgery or dental procedure involving local or general anaesthesia.
Mode of Action of Gabapin Nt 400/10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Gabapentin acts on your brain and reduces the release of chemicals responsible for the sensation of pain. It also relieves the pain arising due to nerve damage.
- Nortriptyline also acts on your central nervous system and offers relief from neuropathic pain (pain due to nerve damage).
Directions for Use of Gabapin Nt 400/10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Take this medicine as a whole with a sufficient amount of water as prescribed by your doctor.
- This medicine can be taken with or without meals, preferably at the same time every day.
Interactions of Gabapin Nt 400/10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use with medicines for psychiatric disorders such as Moclobemide, Phenelzine, Iproniazid, Isocarboxazid, Nialamide, or Selegiline (used to treat Parkinson's disease) can lead to serious side effects (serotonin syndrome)....
- Concomitant use with medicines for cough and cold containing Ephedrine, Isoprenaline, Noradrenaline, Phenylephrine and Phenylpropanolamine can increase the side effects of drowsiness.
- Medicines to treat high blood pressure such as Diltiazem and Verapamil, Guanethidine, Debrisoquine, Bethanidine, Clonidine, Reserpine and Methyldopa, Antifungal medicines such as Fluconazole, Terbinafine can increase the blood concentrations of this medicine....
- You should also tell your doctor if you take or have recently taken medicine that may affect the heart's rhythm.
- Water Pills such as Furosemide, medicines to treat irregular heartbeats such as quinidine and sotalol should be used cautiously.
- Discuss with your doctor if you are taking any other medicines, supplements or herbal preparations before taking this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Gabapin Nt 400/10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store this medicine at a temperature below 30°C
- Keep it away from children and pets
Dosage of Gabapin Nt 400/10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Symptoms of the overdose include dizziness, double vision, slurred speech, sleepiness, loss of consciousness, tiredness and mild diarrhoea. If you have taken too much of this medicine, then consult your doctor or reach out to your nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Will Gabapin Nt 400/10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets make me sleepy?
Q: I have been taking Gabapin Nt 400/10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets for 1-month. I feel unusually sad. Can I stop this medicine?
Q: I am a heart patient. Can I take Gabapin Nt 400/10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets?
Q: How should I take Gabapin Nt 400/10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets?
Q: What will happen if I stop taking Gabapin Nt 400/10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets suddenly?
Other Products from this Brand
- GABAPIN 100MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- GABAPIN 300MG STRIP OF 15 CAPSULES
- GABAPIN NT 200MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- GABAPIN ME 100MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- GABAPIN ME STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- GABAPIN 400MG CAPSULE
- GABAPIN SR 450MG TABLET
- GABAPIN SR 600MG TABLET
- GABAPIN 300MG STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
- GABAPIN 600MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS