Futiza Kit Tablets
Futiza Kit Tablets Description
Futiza Kit Tablet is a combination medicine used for the treatment of mixed vaginal infections caused mainly due to bacteria, vaginal or parasitic organisms. It is also used for the management of gen
ital infection and also a pelvic inflammatory disease. Futiza Kit contains three active ingredients- fluconazole, secnidazole and azithromycin that belongs to an anti-fungal, anti-protozoal and anti-bacterial class of medicines. This medicine works by inhibiting the growth and killing the susceptible infection-causing organism. It should be taken as directed by the doctor, at the prescribed dose and duration. You should always complete the entire course of the treatment with antimicrobial medicine as advised by your treating doctor. Incomplete treatment can result in an increased risk of re-infection and treatment failure.
|You Save||₹13.20 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Azithromycin + Fluconazole + Secnidazole|
|Uses||Vagina infection, urinary tract infection|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, nausea, stomach ache, altered taste, headache|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR MENSTRUAL AND GYNAECOLOGICAL DISORDERS|
Uses of Futiza Kit Tablets
- Futiza Kit Tablet is indicated for treatment and management of mixed vaginal infection caused due to bacterial, fungi or parasites.
- It is also used to treat infection in the urinal tract and genital region (pelvic inflammatory disease).
Contraindications of Futiza Kit Tablets
- If you are allergic to fluconazole, secnidazole and azithromycin or any other ingredient of this medicine.
- If you are taking medicines like terfenadine (anti-allergic) or cisapride (acid reflux).
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Futiza Kit Tablet should not be used in children.
Side effects of Futiza Kit Tablets
- Stomach ache
- Altered taste
Precautions and Warnings of Futiza Kit Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have an underlying medical condition like liver or kidney problem, heart-related disorder like irregular heart rhythm. Caution is advised in such conditions.
- You experience diarrhoea.
Mode of Action of Futiza Kit Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Azithromycin works by stopping the growth of the bacterial cell wall, which eventually leads to the death of the bacteria.
- Fluconazole blocks the formation of the cell membrane of the fungus by inhibiting an enzyme. Thus, resulting in fungal cell death.
- Secnidazole is also an antibiotic medicine that interferes with DNA synthesis of the infection causing organism and leads to the death of the susceptible organism.
Directions for Use of Futiza Kit Tablets
- Futiza Kit Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Futiza Kit Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Futiza Kit Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time. Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction....
- Especially if you are taking medicines like antacids, heart medicines like digoxin, immunosuppressants like ciclosporin, anti-epileptic medicines like phenytoin, anti-tuberculosis medicine like rifampicin, anti-diabetic medicines, anti-reflux medicines like cisapride, anti-allergic medicines like terfenadine etc....
- This medicine can potentiate the effect of anticoagulants if taken along. Caution is advised.
Storage and disposal of Futiza Kit Tablets
- Store Futiza Kit Tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.