Fucidin Cream 15gm
Fucidin 2 % Description
Fucidin cream is a topical antibiotic that contains fusidic acid as its active ingredient. It is used in treating skin infections (like eczema or dermatitis) caused by microorganisms like bacteria. It is not effective against fungal and viral infections.
Do not use this medicine to treat any other skin conditions other than that prescribed by your doctor. It is meant only for external application and should be applied exactly as recommended by your doctor. You may experience some application site reactions as side effects, but they normally fade away with time.
Please report to your doctor if you notice the side effects persist or worsen. Also inform your doctor, if you do not notice any improvement in your condition after applying this medicine for 7 days. Fudic cream, Sofinox cream, Sudif cream, Fusiwal cream and Chitomesh SF cream are some other examples of creams containing fusidic acid as their active ingredient.
|You Save||₹25.50 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Fusidic Acid(2.0 %)|
|Uses||Bacterial skin infections|
|Side effects||Irritation at the site of application, itching, rashes or hives|
Uses of Fucidin 2 %
- Fucidin cream is used as a local treatment for treating skin bacterial infections like sycosis barbae, impetigo, nail infection and folliculitis.
- It is also beneficial in treating grazes, infected dermatitis, spots and cuts.
Contraindications of Fucidin 2 %
Side effects of Fucidin 2 %
- Irritation at the site of application.
- Itching, rashes or hives.
- Pain or burning sensation at the area of application.
- Skin blistering, swelling, reddening and stinging sensation.
Precautions and Warnings of Fucidin 2 %
Other General Warnings
- Please remember that fucidin is only for external applications.
- Be careful while applying the ointment on your face as it gets inside your mouth or eyes.
- Apply the ointment only for the prescribed time. Do not use it after the infection has been cured.
- Use only small amounts of the fucidin, a large amount of ointment is not recommended to the application.
Directions for Use of Fucidin 2 %
- Before applying the cream, make sure your hands are washed clean.
- Take a little bit of the cream on your clean hand and apply it to the affected area gently. Spread the cream all over the area evenly in a thin layer.
- Rewash your hands after applying the cream, so that you don't spread the infection to other areas of the body.
Storage and disposal of Fucidin 2 %
- Keep it at room temperature below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine out of children's reach.
Quick Tips of Fucidin 2 %
- Fucidin cream is a topical antibiotic used for the treatment of bacterial infections like impetigo, nail infection, folliculitis, eczema, and dermatitis.
- This medicine is meant for external use only and should not be ingested.
- Do not use more than the prescribed amount of this medicine or do not use it for longer periods of time than recommended by your doctor.
- Wash your hands before and after using this medicine unless your hands are to be treated. Avoid contact with eyes.
- Clean and dry the affected area before applying Fucidin cream.
- Apply a thin layer of cream to the affected area.
- Before starting Fucidin cream, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant, or breastfeeding. Also, inform your doctor about all other medicines that you are using and your complete medical history....
- Do not give this medicine to anyone else, even if they have the same condition as you do.
- This cream can cause skin redding and itching. However, not everyone who uses this cream has these side effects.
Dosage of Fucidin 2 %
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of Fucidin 2 %
How Does It Work?
Interactions of Fucidin 2 %
Interactions with other medicines
- Since the Fucidin cream is to be used externally on the skin it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, you should always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions. ...
- Especially, any other topical creams or ointments.
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can the Fucidin cream be used for the elderly and children?
Q: What information do I need to share with my healthcare provider before I start using the Fucidin cream?
Q: I noticed a rash on my child's skin and I am unsure of the type of the rash. Can I use the Fucidin cream to treat it?
Q: How many times is it recommended to apply the Fucidin cream in a day?
Q: How long can you use Fucidin cream?
Q: Can Fucidin treat fungal infections?
Q: Is Fucidin an antifungal cream?
Q: Is Fucidin good for boils?
- Fucidin 20 mg/g cream - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 17 Aug 2021]
- Fucidin 20 mg/g cream - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 17 Aug 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 17 Aug 2021]