Frext 50mg Tablet
Frext 50 MG Description
Frext Tablet is a prescription medication. It is used for the management of obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) and its symptoms in adults and children. It has Fluvoxamine as its active ingredient. I
is an antidepressant medication, and treating depression in adults is one of the uses of Frext tablets. Obsessive-compulsive disorder or OCD causes repetitive thoughts and behaviour patterns, which can cause problems in day-to-day life. The mode of action of Frext Tablets works by calming overworked nerves in the brain and improving mood and behaviour. There are potential side effects of Frext tablets, so the dose and effects must be carefully monitored. Frext tablet can cause suicidal thoughts and behaviour in children, adolescents, and young adults taking antidepressants. It is approved for use in children only for OCD and not depression. This medicine can cause dependency. The dose should be carefully monitored in liver failure patients. The dose should be gradually lowered if you want to stop using the Frext tablet. Otherwise, it can lead to withdrawal symptoms, such as tremors, palpitations, sleep disturbances, anxiety, etc.
|You Save||₹27.60 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Obsessive-compulsive disorder, Major depressive disorder.|
|Side effects||Dizziness, Drowsiness, Sweating, Memory problems, Delayed ejaculation, Low sex desire|
Uses of Frext 50 MG
- As per CDSCO and USFDA, Frext tablet is used for the following:
- Treatment of repetitive thoughts and actions in OCD in adults and children.
- Treatment of symptoms associated with major depressive disorder only in adults.
Contraindications of Frext 50 MG
- If you have a known allergic reaction to fluvoxamine, do not use Frext medication. It can cause itching, rashes, swelling of the face, eyes, lips, throat, difficulty breathing, and other allergic reactions....
- If you are using certain antidepressants like monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAO inhibitors) and other medicines that increase serotonin.
- If you have any history of drug abuse or alcohol addiction.
- If you notice any sudden mood changes, suicidal thoughts or behaviour.
- If you have been diagnosed with bipolar disorder.
- If you have a mild liver condition, Frext Tablet should be approached with caution. It is not recommended if you have end-stage liver disease.
- Note - Do not administer Frext Tablet to people below 18 years, except in cases of obsessive-compulsive disorder.
Side effects of Frext 50 MG
- Sleep disturbances
- Blurry vision
Precautions and Warnings of Frext 50 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are older than 65 years; monitor the dosage, as the effects may last longer due to slow metabolism
- You have kidney disorders; this medicine should be used with precaution even though it is safe.
- You are experiencing any suicidal thoughts after taking Frext Tablet.
- You experience a low sex drive or other sexual dysfunction.
- You have angle-closure glaucoma, an eye disorder. Frext medicine can increase fluid pressure in the eye and cause blindness.
- You have a seizure disorder (fits). Frext tablets should be used with caution.
- You have a history of bleeding disorder.
- You are using any herbal or ayurvedic medicines or supplements like St. John’s wort. It can cause serious side effects.
Mode of Action of Frext 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Frext 50 MG
- Try to take the Frext Tablet precisely in the dose and duration advised by the doctor.
- Do not increase the dosage of Frext Tablet, even if you do not notice any difference.
- Take this tablet at the same time regularly to maintain steady levels in the body.
- Take the Frext Tablet as a whole, with water, and do not crush, chew or break it.
- You can take the Frext Tablet before or after consuming a meal.
- Do not stop using Frext Tablet abruptly as it can cause some withdrawal effects.
Interactions of Frext 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- If you are taking antidepressants like benzodiazepines (Alprazolam, Diazepam, etc.) with a Frext tablet, use caution. They can cause many adverse reactions.
- If you are taking a Frext tablet, do not use other medications that also increase serotonin levels, such as SSRIs, SNRIs, triptans, etc. It can lead to serotonin toxicity and cause life-threatening side effects such as vomiting, high heart rate and even death....
- Using Frext Tablet with medications like aspirin, NSAIDs, blood thinners (Warfarin), antiplatelet medicines, etc., can lead to an increased risk of bleeding.
- Consuming Frext Tablet with other antidepressants like MAO inhibitors (methylene blue, linezolid, etc.) is not advised. Interactions between these two types of medicines can lower the metabolism of serotonin, which can be fatal. ...
- Taking Frext Tablet with a tricyclic antidepressant, Sumatriptan, or Carbamazepine can raise the medications’ levels in the blood. It can cause serious side effects.
Interactions with food items
- Try to avoid consuming cola drinks, excess chocolates and caffeine-containing food products with Frext Tablet. All these food items can increase the level of serotonin, and the combination can result in a condition called Serotonin Syndrome. It causes symptoms such as high fever, agitation, vomiting, nausea, fast heartbeat, trembling, sweating, and sudden jerky movements on the muscles....
Storage and disposal of Frext 50 MG
Dosage of Frext 50 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: At what time can I take a Frext Tablet?
Q: What is the usual duration of treatment with Frext tablets for OCD?
Q: How long will it take to notice any changes with Frext Tablet?
- Fluvoxamine [Internet]. Uses, Interactions, Mechanism of Action | DrugBank Online. [cited 2022Feb23]. Available from:
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 2022 Feb 23]. Available from:
- Fluvoxamine: Medlineplus drug information [Internet]. MedlinePlus. U.S. National Library of Medicine; [cited 2022 Feb 23]. Available from:
- Sukhatme VP, Reiersen AM, Vayttaden SJ, Sukhatme VV. Fluvoxamine: A review of its mechanism of action and its role in covid-19 [Internet]. Frontiers in pharmacology. Frontiers Media S.A.; 2021 [cited 2022 Feb 23]. Available from
- Fluvoxamine Maleate Tablets. Fluvoxamine Maleate Tablets for oral administration. Initial U.S. Approval: 1994. Accessdata. Fda.gov. 2021 [cited 2022 Feb 23]. Available from: