Forcef Cv 500mg Tablet
Forcef Cv 500mg Tablet Description
Forcef-CV 500 tablet is a combined antibiotic containing Cefuroxime Axetil and Clavulanic Acid. Cefuroxime is a cephalosporin antibiotic that acts by inhibiting the cell wall synthesis of bacteria. C
lavulanic acid acts by inhibiting the enzyme made by bacteria; this will help cefuroxime to function optimally. Forcef-CV 500 tablet is used to treat various bacterial infections like infections of the urinary tract, respiratory tract, and sexually transmitted diseases. You should not use this medicine if you are allergic to penicillins or any other ingredient of this medicine. If there is no improvement in your condition or any side effects bother you, then consult with your doctor.
Precautions and Warnings of Forcef Cv 500mg Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of an allergy to any antibiotic like cephalosporins, penicillins
- You are already taking water pills, as it can affect kidney functions
- You have a history of pain and swelling in the inner lining of the intestine
Uses of Forcef Cv 500mg Tablet
Contraindications of Forcef Cv 500mg Tablet
- As this medicine contains cefuroxime Axetil and clavulanic acid, any condition which is contraindicated with any of these when taken alone should be considered contraindicated for this combination.
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredient of Forcef cv 500.
- If you have a history of a severe allergy to any other antibiotics like penicillins.
Side effects of Forcef Cv 500mg Tablet
- Stomach pain
- Flatulence (gas)
- Itching and swelling in the vagina, painful urination
- Itching, redness
Mode of Action of Forcef Cv 500mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Forcef Cv 500mg Tablet
- Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor and follow the prescribed dosage duration.
- It should be taken orally with or after food.
Interactions of Forcef Cv 500mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Forcef-CV 500 tablet may interact with other medicines and produce an altered response. Please tell your doctor if you are using any other medicines, over-the-counter medicines (that you buy without a prescription), and herbal preparations....
- There is limited information available on the interaction of this combination with other medicines. However, any interactions are seen with these two components, when taken alone, may occur with this combination....
- Oral contraceptives. antacids and medicines used in the treatment of gout, such as Probenecid, should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Forcef Cv 500mg Tablet
Dosage of Forcef Cv 500mg Tablet
- Symptoms of overdose include brain damage, fits, or coma. If you think you have taken an excessive dose of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- It is advised not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can fail therapy
- If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one